Please introduce yourself...

Kevin, you certainly picked a nice car. Then you teased us with those little pictures... Still, congrats and welcome back to the Buick fold. Where do you call home?

PS: Great Wife you have there. Better hang onto her...

Thanks for the good words and sorry about the small pictures. Proud to say i have a great wife who really gets the "carnut" thing not to mention 2 sons that give us strength in numbers. We are up just north of Boston Ma where it's not great convertible weather , but I seem to have just as much fun driving it with the top up or down ;).. Great to be here on the site and thanks for the warm welcome

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163359[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]163360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]163361[/ATTACH]

Wow! That car is loaded with options. I'm surprised it does not have the chromed road wheels. We're not that far from you and in case you don't know, there is a Chapter of the Buick Club of America in your neighborhood. Club membership is not a pre requisite for this forum, but the Minuteman Chapter in Mass. is a great club. Check out all the BCA stuff here :

Buick Club of America - BCA - Welcome And if you decide to join, feel free to tell em I invited you...

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,

My name is Fred and I'm in Melbourne FL. Got laid off and have since 'retired' and spending most of my time cleaning my ads and selling on Ebay.

My father had a 1954 Buick and as a kid, I remember how big it was. Thru the years he went to a 53 Plymouth Coupe, Rambler and then a '56 Chrysler New Yorker. Since a Buick was my first introduction to cars, I've sorta got stuck on them.

Years later my brother and I bought a '39 Hudson and tried to restore it. However, being in the Marines for many years, I lost interest and it was expensive so I decided to collect automobile ads in 1973.

I don't have the tools or garage to consider buying a vehicle and restoring it but as I've become addicted to old car ads, I share them with restorers/collectors as they use the ads to check for parts, what it should look like, etc...

When computers came about, I scanned the ads and put them on discs and threw the ads away, figuring I had them on discs. This was before Ebay started and who figured they would have any value. I've since been reworking the original ads to make them presentable.

I have 771 Buick ads from 1903 to 1989. A lot of Pre-War but when the ads starting changing to photographs instead of real artwork, I just faded away collecting them. I prefer artwork versus photographs.

As I don't have my own Buick to display, I wish to offer Buick members here, my ads - for free. If you are looking for a particular year, let me know what you need and I can e-mail you the ad for your use. As many, many hours have gone into cleaning the ads, I ask that it be for your personal use and not for you to copy and sell to others or for use for printing t's and such.

Edited 11/30/12 I think I should make clear that this offer applies to all makes of car & truck clubs. I don't think most printers have the time to print and restore cars but I had to put that in the request that artwork not be used to print t's.

Any member who does receive the ads from me is free to do with them as they wish. They can post them on their club website, stationery, etc... If any member or club wishes to use the artwork for printing T-shirts and such, they are welcome to notify me and see if I can print them.

I do not own the artwork, just the edited versions. Ads are available in two (2) versions: the original ads (either as scanned or reworked) and only the actual vehicle itself with all background removed, ready to print. I do not watermark my original ads, only when displayed on my website or Ebay store. You will receive the unmarked ad. On the ready to print artwork, no watermark request will be based on individual requests.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]165509[/ATTACH]

Cleaned [ATTACH=CONFIG]165508[/ATTACH]

You are welcome to e-mail me directly at toonsign@yahoodotcom with your request. To reduce SPAM, please replace the DOT with a period - as normal.

Fred

Melbourne FL

PS: I have an outstanding selection of Buicks Pre-War

Edited by toonsign (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Welcome to the forum Fred! There are quite a few fellows around here that have a soft spot for the '54 Buicks. I'm sure you'll hear from them at some point. I, too, love looking at old car ads. I don't really collect them or anything but I have a few on my computer that I have found here and there. I also bought a few Buick magazines on EBAY from the 50's that contain a few ads for my car (1952 Buick Special). I know what you mean about throwing things out that turned out to have value later on. If I had only kept all of my old toys and comic books! Anyway, thank you for your generous offer to share your collection with us Buick folk. I'd like to take you up on that if you have anything from 1952. My email address is: shadetree77@yahoo.com . I'll check out your EBAY store as well. Again, welcome to the forum Fred!

Good morning JohnD,

I've got 12, 1956 Buick ads.

Currently (at last count), I have 770 Buick ads - both ads and scanned pages from dealer brochures. Dates range from 1905 to the late 80's. Most ads are 1930's to the late 50's.

I think it would be a lot of fun if a separate thread was created for only vintage ads - for all makes of cars and trucks. I figure I've got well over 5000 ads ranging from 1898 to the late 1980's.

I basically stopped collecting when the artwork in the ads started changing from real drawings done by artists to photos. Just seems photos don't give the ad enough character for me. When I read some of old ads, you can see the wooden spokes on the trucks, kerosene lanterns on the cars, details, details.... When color ads came about, wow. To me, photos just don't keep my interest.

Thank you for your comments.

Fred

Melbourne FL

Hi guys, Eddie is who i am. New to an old car retsore, so I'll be asking a lot of questions. Mine is a 1942 Ford Fordor Deluxe Special. A rescue from a car crusher, and 99% complete, very straight and just surface rust. [ATTACH=CONFIG]167339[/ATTACH]

Guest Jimmys 63

Hello from Navasota Tx, I have been looking for a 63 Riviera for a while and finally picked one up. Mostly original except paint but one of the cleanest I have seen. Looking forward to a few small changes and hitting the streets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]168168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]168167[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]168169[/ATTACH]

Hi guys, Eddie is who i am. New to an old car retsore, so I'll be asking a lot of questions. Mine is a 1942 Ford Fordor Deluxe Special. A rescue from a car crusher, and 99% complete, very straight and just surface rust. [ATTACH=CONFIG]167339[/ATTACH]

Hello Eddie, Welcome to the Buick part of the AACA Forums. Your 42 Ford looks very interesting. I'd love to see more pictures of your car from all angles, interior, under the hood, carb, exhaust etc. And please feel free to post your questions here. Even though the folks here are usually Buick oriented, many of the principals of the vehicles are the same and more than likely several of the folks here know just as much about your Ford as they know about their Buick.

• 1 month later...
Guest laurie1931

hello all Im Laurie from Quebec Canada have just got back from Pennsylvania from picking up my 31 Buick hope to restore back to original .and ordered 2 books on wood frames for it any help on this car would be appreciated .and its 2005 top kick that runs on propane that i used too bring it home . [ATTACH=CONFIG]173605[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]173606[/ATTACH]

Edited by laurie1931 (see edit history)

Welcome aboard Laurie. Thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself. Something tells me you like a challenge. Please consider sharing your story of finding this magnificent little coupe and your plans for it down in the Me and My Buick forum. And if not already a BCA member, I'm sure you will want to join so you can check out the Bugle, the official publication of the Buick Club of America and can be accessed by BCA members here on line or in the mail or both.

Again welcome aboard and look forward to following your 31 Buick journey.

Buickly,

Lamar

Guest laurie1931

yes i will tell all about it . and im going to join the bca when i got the car the old owner gave me 10 or so copy's too read .looking for some pictures though of the cab wood frame .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Collectorscrave

Hi All! I'm Richard Myers (CollectorsCrave) from Richmond VA. I'm a Buyer, Seller, Collector of all things old. Too many items of interest to list but I'm very happy to have found this board.

Guest drh4683

Hello,

My name is Doug, and I am from Chicago, IL. I recently joined the AACA, something I have wanted to do for a long time. My first car was a 1968 Buick Electra that I bought when I was 16 back in 1999. At that time, I joined the BCA and recently renewed my membership. 14 years later I still enjoy owning my '68 Electra but have since added additional cars to the collection. I appreciate all makes of American vehicles, but have been mostly familiar with GM and Chrysler products as that's mostly what I've owned over the years. I enjoy the classic cars for how they were originally designed and engineered (all original, or restored to original). I look forward to being part of this group. Thanks-Doug

My name is Dan.

I'm a full fledged autoholic. My blood type is 10w30. I currently don't own any buicks :(. I sold the 87 GN and the 70 GS two years ago. Too many projects, you know how it is. Soon enough I will have another. Before working for Lares Corp. I spent most of my time in the shop either building them fast, or restoring them to original. My job allows me to spend time on this forum, which has been great. The people here make it feel like home, so thank you all for making this the greatest place on the web. If any of you need any advice on steering problems let me know, and I will see what I can do to help. At the moment I'm in the process of building a new shop. Once that is finished you I will be posting some of my current projects for you all to see. Thanks again.

Hello,

My name is Bill and I live in northern Ohio. I have a '37 Buick Special four door and a '47 Buick Super four door. I've had the '47 for more than 30 years and actually had it at the Buick Nationals at Sandusky Oh and Indianapolis back in the 80's. I've had the '37 even longer, since the mid 70's. When I got the '37 it was partly disassembled. I drove it home by hanging a gas can by the engine because the gas tank was out of it. I'm embarassed to say that it's in about the same condition now as it was then. Unfortunately it hasn't been run again in 35 years, but I have kept the engine free. It's just been one of those deals where for various reasons it's been constantly pushed to the back burner. Since I'm now 66 it's quickly coming to the point where it's now or never. I just need to put together a plan and get to it. Wish me luck.

I'm Charlie and I live in the Seattle Area. It was only recently that I discovered the fine attributes of the Reatta, and must admit I was never an owner of a GM product. Last week I took my bride on a drive to Scapoose, OR and ended up up bringing back the 1991 Reatta discussed on the Forum by those too far away to snag it. (Thanks, guys! It is a one-owner beauty!)

I am a retired industrial arts teacher always with a project. I have built two homes and remodeled others.

Some of my other vehicles are Ford tractors from the forties and fifties, and a 1978 Mustang II t-top with a C6 transmission behind a 365 hp 351 Cleveland.

Time to sign up with the Reatta Club. I understand I should join the Buick Club first (?).

uwcharliet

Edited by uwcharliet (see edit history)

Guest 63chevy

Hello. My name is Barb. I live in southern Oregon. I used to have a '67 GS. Currently, I'm trying to find a bit of information about a '62 Skylark convertible with a 4-speed. If anyone has information on how many were made with the 4-speed transmission, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, I have a friend who refers to himself as Mr. Buick. He has a nice '66 GS with a 4-speed. Hope the connection helps!

Edited by 63chevy (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hillstreet

Hi There.

My name is Jan-Anders Lindholm,but most of the people call me Janne and i live in Sweden.

So far a have hade 3 Buick an 2 Pontiac. The car i have now is a 65 Buick Riviera that i found in New Jersey on Ebay.

It has gone just about 19300 miles. (Sorry mixed upp miles and kilometers before)

Just about 3200 km. The Buick has been 66 Skylark GS sold new in Sweden 63 Riviera came from Utah Idaho.

The Pontiac i dont think you want to no about.

Best regards from Sweden.

The photos are from Ebay add.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179050[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]179051[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]179052[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]179053[/ATTACH]

Janne

Edited by Hillstreet
Mixed up miles and km. (see edit history)

Hello,

My name is Les, BCA#45935. I own a 1936 Buick Model 46 (Business Coupe) that my son and I have begun to restore after it has sat in my garage for the past 35 years. I have found that it has deteriorated considerably, even though it has been garaged, and needs work on pretty much everything. Most of my forum entries will probably be in the pre-war forum since I expect to have many technical questions as I proceed. I also may be able to answer many questions people may have on this model, since I have previously done a lot of work on this car back in the 60's. I just have to re-learn everything now.

Guest Doug Burton

Hello to everyone,

Name is Doug, thought I had joined this group some time ago, but I guess not. I own a '61 LeSabre, 4 door sedan (flat top), which I purchased almost 3 years ago on Ebay, from a guy in Minnesota. The car is an original North Dakota car (60K original miles) and has very little rust. It didn't run when I got it, but it does run and drive now. I live in Seymour, Indiana and I'm retired.

Guest skylarkman2

Hello, I am Dave from Texas.

I don't know why I haven't found this forum before. Thanks for reference in the Bugle.

How do I post my BCA # and list of cars?

I am known as Skylarkman2.

I am moderator for the Yahoogroups - skylark616263

It focuses on that unique 3 year series.

Welcome Dave and others. To add that information you need to edit your signature. You get there by first logging in and then choosing "settings" as seen in this photo:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180585[/ATTACH]

Then go down the left side and choose "Edit Signature " See picture below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180586[/ATTACH]

Hi everyone. My name is Ike. I'm from Chicago and I currently live in Washington, D.C.

When I was a child, my parents owned a 1963 Electra 225 4-door sedan,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180855[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]180858[/ATTACH]

but there hadn't been a Buick in the family since 1972.

I joined BCA and started following this forum in February, 2012, shortly after buying a restored 1963 Electra 225: a beautiful, black convertible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180860[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]180847[/ATTACH]

I really enjoy reading this forum and I have learned a lot over the last year. As a matter of fact, my dormant inner Buick fanatic blossomed over this period and I recently purchased another nice old Buick: a 1957 Roadmaster Riviera Model 73A.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180851[/ATTACH]

I look forward to continuing to learn about these great old cars from all of you, and to contributing to the discussion when I have something to offer. I'm especially encouraged that there are so many other '57 Buick owners on the forum who are generous with their knowledge and experience. Not nearly as many '63 Electra owners, though. What's up with that? :confused:

Ike

Guest 63-Cat

Hello from Reno Nevada. My name is Ron. I finally decided to jump into the pool here at AACA.

I am the proud owner of a 1963 Buick Wildcat that I have owned since 1987.

I am the second owner and now that I have owned it longer than the first owner it is "officially" my car now.

I am always looking for information and advice so feel free to throw some my way anytime.

I am also always looking for nos parts to upgrade where necessary so feel free to throw some my way anytime too.lol

Here is a pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]181479[/ATTACH]

Edited by 63-Cat (see edit history)

Guest 1962Electra225

Hi!

Name is Joe. I'm 23 and I live in New Jersey. I just started restoration work on a 1962 Electra 225 Riviera Hardtop. It was my grandfathers car and he bought it new. When he died in 1971, my grandmother kept using it until 1986 when she "upgraded" to a 1986 Buick Century. It has been garaged since then. I am currently working on a cylinder head rebuild of the 401 Nailhead