Please introduce yourself...

Hi my name is Josh. While my first love is forwardlook mopars, my second love is Buicks. I had a '58 Buick Special 2-door hardtop for six years, a '54 Buick Roadmaster 2-door hardtop for ten years, and a '61 Buick LeSabre convertible for two years. The convertible was owned for the shortest period of time as someone wanted to own it more than I did, if you know what I mean. I ended up having to sell both the '58 and '54 due to job loss. Nevertheless, I am confident I will eventually buy the '58 back or buy another one to replace it. I have always loved old Buick's and always will.

Edited by TailfinEra (see edit history)

Guest cplhargettusmc

hi my name is dawson i am currently a student at nti in moorsville nc and just got my 1972 buick skylark back that i sold when i was in the marines thanks to my wife who knew how much i missed it and me and my youngest son and doughter are slowly working on and hope to see some of you at the car show in concord nc

Guest James Friday

Hello, I'm James Friday. I live in Aurora,IL. While I am not very smart about repairing cars, I really like reading what you guys have to say. I was going to be a teacher but started selling Buicks in 1984 and ended up staying for 23 years at a Buick dealership. The customers taught me a lot about cars and I have learned a little about Buicks as well. I think there is some misinformation about Buick in China and other stories out there. People told me , "When the honeymoon wears off, a BUICK remains solid, smooth , quiet, and comfortable which is why it has lasted for many many years.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 2manyprojects

Hi everyone, I'm Shawn. Just registered a few days ago. Love classic cars since I was a kid and made model kits. Don't own a Buick yet, but have been looking at a possible project. My first car was a '70 El Camino I brought back to life after driving it out of a field. Too much rust to restore unfortunately, though I was determined. Now I have three other cars to tend to but have been looking to get into something older. My Olds is my current project, and hopefully will be my driver when it's done, you can see it in my album. See you in the forums!

Hello! long time Buick fan.. had a '76 skylark in college with a hopped-up 231 and my friend had a GN back in the eighties and would chew up Camaros and GTA's..love it.

Below is a dream come true, always wanted a 50's era Buick and this was definitely "being in the right place and time".. have always, and still, wrench on old motorcycles (Trumps, Shovels) and now an old Buick. Got the manual and learning lots. Great site!

My sled...1955 Special Rivi more door, original 264 Nailhead and Dynaflow. (Series 43)

photo-2.jpg

Edited by bhead1968 (see edit history)

Hello to you all...

My name is jerry, located in Virginia, and a newby to the site. Antique enthusiast, love them for their simplicity, beauty, history, and the stories they tell.

I am a DieHard GM guy, Mainly Chevrolet !!

Have not got my own antique yet, but scanning for the right one. Looking for something in hte range of a 1926-1932 Chevrolet Truck or 2d Sedan.

Hello to you all...

My name is jerry, located in Virginia, and a newby to the site. Antique enthusiast, love them for their simplicity, beauty, history, and the stories they tell.

I am a DieHard GM guy, Mainly Chevrolet !!

Have not got my own antique yet, but scanning for the right one. Looking for something in hte range of a 1926-1932 Chevrolet Truck or 2d Sedan.

Welcome to the BCA Forum Jerry from Virginia. Hang around here for a while, bet you'll change your mind about the Chevy's. I mean after all

WOULDN'T YOU REALLY RATHER HAVE A BUICK

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tony187240

Hello, Im Clif from washington dc area, and I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can find some 1968 Buick Wildcat fenders and driver door?

Just reaching out to say hi. I joined this morning after buying a '55 Roadmaster two weeks back.

Already started looking at rebuilding the front suspension which gave me an 'interesting' ride back to the house when I picked it up!

I am located near to Martinsburg WV, about 50 mins west of DC.

Paul

Edited by wex65
add photo (see edit history)

Just reaching out to say hi. I joined this morning after buying a '55 Roadmaster two weeks back.

Already started looking at rebuilding the front suspension which gave me an 'interesting' ride back to the house when I picked it up!

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul - nice looking ride you have taken on. Looking forward to your posts and photos as you get more familiar with the "new" wheels.

John V.

Hi all ,

I am very new here on the Aaca Forum :) , i bought an old Buick mod 41 4 door S.SE from the states. I am living in Holland and Buicks (special the older ones) are very rear over here . This week it will arrive overhere by ship so youll understand that i can not wait untill i can pick "her" up at the harbour and fire up the old Straight eight !

I hope i will find the answers i need to get things done right and bring her back into the original state.

regards Paul

Guest 1956 Buick

Hello all-

My name is Steve and I'm a passionate Buick guy. My current ride is a 56 Buick Special (model 48) This car appears to be somewhat RARE as it has the original 3 on a tree trans and the original 322 nailhead. Additionaly it has a low production number (4229) off the line from Farmington Mass.

I look forward to chatting with you all soon

Guest 1956 Buick
Hi Steve, my brother has a black and white '56 same as yours with stick shift, wonder what color the interior is and where you are located and welcome to the BCA website!

Thanks.......Currently the interior has white side panels with green carpet / sparkle green seats.

I'm located in the OC or more commonly So Cal

Guest mrmdeal1

hi my name is Michael, i have been a collision tech and bodyman/painter for the better part of 32 years... I have built racecars,restored classics,collectible and muscle cars. My current ride is a 1969 buick wildcat with 34k one owner miles that sat in a garage for the past 20 plus years. I have the old sled running like a swiss watch now after 3 weekends of work. In my garage i have a 1976 trans am that is 75% complete on a frame off every nut,bolt and clip removed restoration. I started in the body business many moons ago in Chicago doing dealer rust repair which lent itself much to restoration. My father was a used car dealer for 55 years so i got to see many many cars pass through. My fondest memory was as a child we were at a dealer and they had just installed a drive on display rack. sitting on this rack was a hemi superbird in blue with bright orange hand drawn that said " MUST GO, SALE $ 2995.00 this was around the 1974 oil embargo.

Guest 53buickspecial8

Hello, My name is Dave and i recently purchased a 53 Buick pecial 4dr. odometer reading 32k. I know thats wrong because the speedo cable is broken. but all in all it is in really good shape for a 53.

I am new to the aaca still trying to find my way around the site.:o

My plans are to restore to factory. It runs but still planning to rebuild engine and trans and give them the original colors as well.

all the bits and bobs are there except the hood ornament and the ductwork under the hood.

Dave B.

53buickspecial8,

Welcome to the forum, Please consider joining the BCA. You might also reference the post by wex65 in this thread, and elsewhere as he was looking for likeminded "Buick Mountaineers", but also the nearby states. I am not sure about the distance, but you are only 2 years apart with the cars. I think his other thread ison Post War. Depending on where you are in WV, it might be a short trip for you to the National Meet in Concord, NC June 27-30, if you want to se some similar cars.

John

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigsho60

Hi, my name is Matt and I'm new to this. I am 23 yrs old and love classic cars, especially what my pops always called lead sleds. I am a big fan of the 50's Buick specials and supers. I just love the look to them and how classy they all look. Well, it's nice to meet everyone and say hi. This post is a great idea and it's nice to say hi to all. I could really use as much information and advice anyone could provide. I've never restored a classic car before so I do not know what I am dong. I live in Lancaster, pa, and have worked on older engines, and that's about as far as my experience stretches. I look forward to any advice you all have for me,

Thanks,

Matt

Paul

Very Nice!!

Very Nice!!

Thanks Bulldog, I decided though I needed something that needed less work so just picked up this 55 Special.

It is a really lovely car that needs nothing doing to it, except driving.

I will finish up some jobs on the Roadmaster and let it go to someone willing to put some time into her.

I will be bringing this Special to the local cruise Friday for her first outing.

Paul

John

After a little thought, as much as I would love to start a local chapter I really don't have the time. I operate a growing company and work too many hours a week to even consider it. I couldn't devote the necessary time to do it right.

I am thinking of heading to PA this weekend for the GM nationals IF I can find the time.

I joined the Buick club a few weeks back but didn't hear anything yet, looking forward to seeing the member pack which I am sure will include details of other upcoming events.

Looking forward to getting more involved once this busy period settles down.

Thanks for reaching out to me.

Paul

wex 65,

Now that you have acquired another Buick, perhaps we can still pursuade you to take in the National. Are you still thinking about getting some local BCA people together in WV for a chapter?

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shoe1932

Hi all. My name is John. Most people me Shoe. Got a 1932 Buick 67 thats been in the family for 33 years. Also own a 1939 Ply mouth P-8 which has been in the family for longer. Enjoy the cars and teaching my young kiddos to do the sane. They will be future BCA, POC, &AACA members. I enjoy the forum and insight.

Shoe

1932 Buick 67 sedan

1939 Plymouth P-8

Guest roguewave
hi my name is Michael, i have been a collision tech and bodyman/painter for the better part of 32 years... I have built racecars,restored classics,collectible and muscle cars. My current ride is a 1969 buick wildcat with 34k one owner miles that sat in a garage for the past 20 plus years. I have the old sled running like a swiss watch now after 3 weekends of work. In my garage i have a 1976 trans am that is 75% complete on a frame off every nut,bolt and clip removed restoration. I started in the body business many moons ago in Chicago doing dealer rust repair which lent itself much to restoration. My father was a used car dealer for 55 years so i got to see many many cars pass through. My fondest memory was as a child we were at a dealer and they had just installed a drive on display rack. sitting on this rack was a hemi superbird in blue with bright orange hand drawn that said " MUST GO, SALE $ 2995.00 this was around the 1974 oil embargo.

I sure wish you were close by, I'd love to hang with you and learn some body work. Sweet car, I consider finding low mileage,one owner cars,to be my life long goal.

Guest 92Regal

Hello all - I am Robert and the owner of a '92 Regal Limited with an intermittent starting issue. I recently also purchased an '88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC (I know, I do feel like a bit of a traitor for buying a Ford - something I said I'd never do!) and from the Mark VII Club forum I've received a lot of invaluable information for fixes that I wouldn't have been able to find elsewhere. Then it occurred to me - Why not look for a Buick owner's club with a forum? While this site appears to be more geared towards antique cars it seems to be the only Buick group online with a forum. I hope someone who has owned or worked on an 80s or 90s 3.8 car with a similar starting problem can weigh in. I'm about to make a new thread to ask if anyone knows what my problem may be.

Hello all - I am Robert and the owner of a '92 Regal Limited with an intermittent starting issue. I recently also purchased an '88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC (I know, I do feel like a bit of a traitor for buying a Ford - something I said I'd never do!) and from the Mark VII Club forum I've received a lot of invaluable information for fixes that I wouldn't have been able to find elsewhere. Then it occurred to me - Why not look for a Buick owner's club with a forum? While this site appears to be more geared towards antique cars it seems to be the only Buick group online with a forum. I hope someone who has owned or worked on an 80s or 90s 3.8 car with a similar starting problem can weigh in. I'm about to make a new thread to ask if anyone knows what my problem may be.

Welcome Robert. Please start that new thread about your car. There are many here who can offer advice on just about any Buick built. 92 Regals are very nice cars and welcomed in the BCA. There was a nice one on the show field at this years National Meet last week. Feel free to look around this forum group and consider joining us in membership too. It's a fun group

Guest Broomer

Hi All, I'm Jim and now a Buick owner. I'm an old retired guy from a little town north of Pittsburgh PA. A week ago I came across a '65 Buick that has set since 1990. I knew the car from years ago when I raced at the drag strip in my 66 427 vette. I always admired this big Buick that was running consistent 13.60's in D stock automatic. Charlie bought it brand new because he was sure that a Buick could run with the best and he was right. After a couple of years he got married and had kids so drag racing went on the back burner. He would drive it in the summer with his wife and kids in tow. He finally put all of 38,000 miles on it when he got sick and parked it. It is a Riviera Grand Sport with the factory 2-4 barrels. He put it away correctly so the only thing suffering is the paint, a light blue with blue interior which is still in very good condition. He only drove it in good weather so there is no rust to speak of, all the chrome is very good and I think it is an absolutley great survivor. Now that I have the car I can see why it ran lighter than you would expect. It has no power windows or door lock. No power seats or air conditioning. It's really old school. Charlie died in 2005 and his daughter called me last week to come see her dad's car. I didn't really want to buy it but now that I see how good a shape it is in, I'm glad I did. I'm soaking the top of the cylinders with mystery marvel oil and it should be ready to turn over tomarrow. Wish me luck!

Guest RockabillyRider

Oops.... Sorry. I posted this in another section by mistake. :(

Hey all! Glad I found this forum. I'm a novice mechanic, and a major junkie over classic American rides. I recently stumbled onto a 1955 Buick Special 4 Door in another part of town (I live in Quebec - huge province) and after meeting with the car's owner a few times, I manged to get my hands on the car for what I think is a fair price, considering the decent condition the car is in.

Two weeks from today, she'll be sitting in my driveway. She needs some work (brakes - front and back, replace the lines, flush the tranny, change the oil, and install new shocks and springs in the rear), but, my only goal for this season is to get her on the road for the rest of the summer, then store her for the winter so I can get her prepped in early spring for body and two-tone paint (deep metalic burnt orange in the center, white top, white bottom).

She's currently a runner, and sounds amazing considering she hasn't been on the road since 1999. she's been in a barn, covered with a blue tarp so she hasn't seen any snow at all through this time. Yay me!

She's all original, as far as I can tell, but she does need some work on the front floor.

I've never worked on anything older than 1984 so I'm assuming I'm in for either a treat or a stroke. Maybe both. :)

I'll be checking in here OFTEN because I'll ve asking a ton of stupid questions.

Looking forward to chatting up about Buicks here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145554[/ATTACH]