Please introduce yourself...

llerob,

I know someone that might want your axle, where are you located and do you have a price in mind. Normally the Buick - Buy and Sell Forum would be the place to go for a pos such as this. If you can figure it out you can send me a Private Message. Also, I photo or two will help identify and provide an indication of conditions. Or you can e-mail me directly at j.scheib@comcast.net

John

This is not a good choice of words. :(

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

some one said they were at the reatta meet in south bend,? I will the 2013 calender. thanks.

Bill

Bill,

I'm not sure. I do know that a forum member ("HessLakeGuy" I believe) went to car show and stopped in South Bend on the way home to scout locations for organizing the Reatta Rendezvous which will take place during the 2013 BCA National meet. This Rendezvous is a tour that the Reatta Division holds and the members go take their Reattas out to an interesting place that the BCA is not providing a tour to during the meet (in 2012 it was the Carolinas Aviation Museum) and then the stop at a restaurant for dinner and camaraderie. I have not personally been on it yet, but it's a pretty neat event. As we get closer to the National meet there will be more info on here (probably in the Reatta section of the forum) about it.

This is not a good choice of words. :(

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Hey Al, chill out! I read that as 'post' and that fits the gist of the message. Who made you the forum policeman? :) Now go change that frowny face smiley to something nicer like this:D.

Willie

Guest Amicus

Hi, my name is Tracey. Yes, I am guilty of making a few posts without introducing myself, sorry! lol Growing up, my dad had a '54 Buick Super. That time was the only time I have good childhood memories of, and a lot of those memories center around that car. We would go "4-wheeling" in the desert in it, and many a drive-in movie. He traded it in on a '65 Mustang. I have kinda sorta looked for one for a few years that was restorable and that I could afford. After Dad passed away last year, I began looking in earnest, and found one last week! In one post I mentioned that this will be my first project car, though that's not entirely accurate. Back in the 90's, I had a '73 Vega that I put a Buick 231 V-6 in.......that was cool! But this will be my first classic. I am looking forward to it, expect a lot of fun and a lot of frustration along the way. Goal is to have it finished by spring of '14. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and I'm sure there is a wealth of knowledge here to help with this endeavor.

Hi, my name is Tracey. Yes, I am guilty of making a few posts without introducing myself, sorry! lol Growing up, my dad had a '54 Buick Super. That time was the only time I have good childhood memories of, and a lot of those memories center around that car. We would go "4-wheeling" in the desert in it, and many a drive-in movie. He traded it in on a '65 Mustang. I have kinda sorta looked for one for a few years that was restorable and that I could afford. After Dad passed away last year, I began looking in earnest, and found one last week! In one post I mentioned that this will be my first project car, though that's not entirely accurate. Back in the 90's, I had a '73 Vega that I put a Buick 231 V-6 in.......that was cool! But this will be my first classic. I am looking forward to it, expect a lot of fun and a lot of frustration along the way. Goal is to have it finished by spring of '14. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and I'm sure there is a wealth of knowledge here to help with this endeavor.

Welcome Amicus! 54's are nice cars. What model did you get? 2 or 4Dr, or Convertible? Feel free to ask any questions and join in any threads.

Guest Amicus
Welcome Amicus! 54's are nice cars. What model did you get? 2 or 4Dr, or Convertible? Feel free to ask any questions and join in any threads.

It's a 4-door, I posted a pic under the thread "dad's '54 and my '54, pics".

Welcome to the Forum - another '39 Team Buick Member candidate, and from Texas no less! hope you will share photos of your '39 with full details of Series and Model, and we always want to see lots of photos. Look forward to seeing your posts and hope we can offer help and advice when requested.

Guest BillsVX

Bill from Florida......No Buick in the stable yet but, on a quest to find my Dad's '37 Coupe. Always loved that car and likewise anything old from the times when things were built to last and were designed and built with true passion and craftsmanship. Sounds nutty, that's just me though. Newer electronic stuff is nice but, give me a Carburetor and a set of points any day :)

Currently work for Civil Service on Radar equipment for aircraft after having retired from doing it for the military for the past 30 years.

Welcome aboard Tracey. Looking forward to following your project. Just define your goal, break it down into tasks and take on one at a time. Holler if I can help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dargent
Recently, I have noticed a lot of activity with people who have less than 20 posts. I, for one, am excited to see this. If you have always wanted to get into the fray around here, kindly introduce yourselves . We really don't bite, and there is more automotive knowledge here than you can find anywhere else on the web.

Welcome in...

Hello I'm not a car enthusiast I would like to admit first off.

I joined up to get some help from some knowledgeable Buick owners. I have a Buick, Houk Wire wheel brass hub from Corp of America Buffalo. N.Y. and I am looking for someone who wants it.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of older Buicks in Oz. or I just can't connect with them. Anyway any advice or a point in the right direction would be really appreciated. Cheers bruce.

Hello I'm not a car enthusiast I would like to admit first off.

I joined up to get some help from some knowledgeable Buick owners. I have a Buick, Houk Wire wheel brass hub from Corp of America Buffalo. N.Y. and I am looking for someone who wants it.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of older Buick's in Oz. or I just can't connect with them. Anyway any advice or a point in the right direction would be really appreciated. Cheers Bruce.

If by Oz you Australia there are older Buick here ! Click on my signature

But your brass hub is not worth too much

Guest dargent
If by Oz you Australia there are older Buick here ! Click on my signature

But your brass hub is not worth too much

Hello '39 Buick Thanks for your reply. Yes. From Australia and I got that link to the Aussie club Thank you very much. I'm not really worried about what I get for it, would really just hate to see something someone really wanted get wasted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest denny_W121

Hello all, I am here for the love of vehicles. I am currently serving in the USAF stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany. I have served for 16 yrs now still got a few more in me. But I am from Upstate NY but I do claim FL now...lol I currently have a Nova that I am almost finished with and I have a friend that has a farm somewhere in America that has been growing my next project for the past 20 or so yrs. She has told me I can pull as many cars out as I want as long as I pull them to restore and keep for personel enjoyment not to sell.

I will post a link to the pictures of the cars in another section. But I am happy to be here and ready to soak up some knowledge!

Guest denny_W121
Hello Denny, Thank you for your service. Where is Upstate NY for you? And are you looking at a specific Buick in your future? How about a picture of the Nova till you can get to claim a Buick from the farm?

I'm originally from Brockport, NY which is outside Rochester. I've got my eye on a couple and I've got to decide what to go with. I'm building my nova to have fun with customizing and upgrading. The Buick I pull out of the farm will be restored to Original. But right now I'm torn between #7 - 41' Buick Special or #16 - 57 Buick Special 4 dr. Hardtop 10 window. I really want something that is hardly ever seen. So if there is something you all see that's rare in these pics please let me know and I'll consider restoring it.

Here is a rendering of what the finished product should turn out like and what the current status is on the car sitting in my trailer...lol

passside.jpg

Rendering:

design1Nonpinstripe.jpg

Paint Picture Link:

http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/denny_w121/Nova/

Edited by denny_W121 (see edit history)

passside.jpg

Rendering:

design1Nonpinstripe.jpg

Paint Picture Link:

Nova pictures by denny_w121 - Photobucket

I know Brockport. I used to live in Ontario NY, just the other side of the City. Great area out there if you are retired.

Meanwhile the Nova looks fantastic. The drawing looks good too, but I'd leave the car the way it is with the tires and rims you have. So many people are putting those big rims on everything that it's hardly unique anymore.

Guest denny_W121
Bill from Florida......No Buick in the stable yet but, on a quest to find my Dad's '37 Coupe. Always loved that car and likewise anything old from the times when things were built to last and were designed and built with true passion and craftsmanship. Sounds nutty, that's just me though. Newer electronic stuff is nice but, give me a Carburetor and a set of points any day :)

Currently work for Civil Service on Radar equipment for aircraft after having retired from doing it for the military for the past 30 years.

Bill Welcome to the site, I am also another newbie. I've got a house in Navarre, where I will be retiring back to here in a few years...lol Right now I'm at Ramstein, Germany. But I am also looking to add a Buick to my stable once I get back to the states early next year.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RuZleBiFf

Hello everybody.

My name is Sindre

I'm 25 years old, married and have a little girl on 1,5years.

We live in Kongsberg, Norway. (no, we do not have polar-bears in the streets! :) )

My grandfather died a couple of years ago and his 1929, Model 27 Buick have been sitting in the garage for the last 30 years or so.

My grandmother gave it to me, and i'm going to use a long time on restoring it.

Will post pics as soon as i get it home

best regards

Sindre

Guest Jack Stacey

Hey guys,

My name is Jack, I'm 17 and really into the straight-8 Buicks of 1950-1953. I'm located in central NY, and was wondering if there's anybody here who has experience with the Buicks of this era, or even a little earlier that I could talk with to learn more. I'm currently saving to buy one that I can work on & gain some more mechanical knowledge.

Welcome Jack. The '50-'52 Buicks are my favorites as well. Don't have much experience working on them yet. There are several guys on this site that have experience w/ these wonderful cars (check out shadetree 77s' thread about his '52 special) http://forums.aaca.org/f163/1952-special-deluxe-project-315000.html Much knowledge here. Enjoy! -Dave BCA#46470 1952 56C

Edited by retirednow (see edit history)

Guest SkylarkGrl

I'm Theresa and just came into possession of a 1971 Skylark Custom Convertible. She is a beauty, with 35000 original one owner miles. One repaint - either bittersweet mist or aztec gold, we can't decide which and can't seem to find good color comparisons on the web. Since the car sat for a while (covered in a garage), we have a little tune-up/maintenance work to do, and I want to keep is mostly stock, hubby wants to put some GS stuff on it (spoiler, front air dam, hood tach, 15 inch ralleye wheels), yet not make it a clone.

I also have a question about the grille. We see other 71s and their grille looks like three horizontal chrome bars are more prominent. Ours looks like a bunch of cubes, like on a 72? Confused. Hubby is mostly a chevy guy, and has had lots of projects over the years (currently 4 others). This is my first buick - I don't consider it a "project" as it does run and drive, just needs some TLC, but we're kinda newbies doing any engine work, etc., as buicks are different from chevys (and thank goodness, eh?)

Guest SkylarkGrl

[ATTACH=CONFIG]158591[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]158592[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]158593[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]158594[/ATTACH]

So here are a few pictures of the day we brought it home. We immediately took off the mud flaps ;) washed her up, and took her to a local car show. On the way back, she was losing power, it was sputtering, and coughing - sounded like it was out of gas, then killed. We were able to baby it home. We thought it could be either bad gas or stuff in the tank sloshed loose and was clogging the line. Got a new tank and sending unit, blew out the line... changed the fuel filter, points, plugs, plug wires, coil, we have even rebuilt the carb... It idles okay and we timed it and adjusted the dwell, but it still gets sluggish and doggy when you put your foot into it. So, next we're looking at whether it's firing on all eight, the fuel pump... flat cam... or a stuck valve?

Its the original 350 2bbl, 35K miles. Super nice except for the part where we can't get it running right. In the meantime, we got the 15" wheels, and some other stuff... I just want it to run smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RuZleBiFf

Can somebody tell me what kind of car i actually have? Hehe.

Been searcing the web, and "model XX", i don't see any difference in many of them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SkylarkGrl

The only "documentation" we have is the mileage on the title the personal rep used to transfer the title to the heir. The heir, sadly (for him), had no licence, and when he inherited the car, he covered it up and put it in a nice dry barn. He just transferred the title into his name this past April so he could put it for sale (and though he didn't have a licence, he put on another 300 miles in the 6 years he had it). A copy of the title transferred upon the original owner's death and of course the original title, came with the car. Oh, and we did find an oil change sticker (from 2006 before the 1st owner died) that says "next oil change 37000". I'm thinkin it's authentic.

Can somebody tell me what kind of car i actually have? Hehe.

Been searcing the web, and "model XX", i don't see any difference in many of them.

That's a nice Buick you have there. Not being a pre-war owner, nor an expert by any means, I looked in the Standard Catalog of Buick and reading the descriptions, here's what I think:

You have a 1929 Series 116- Model 29X-27.

There were three series in 29. A 116, 121, and 129. The Series number seems to refer to the wheelbase length. I am not certain how to measure the wheel base length but I suppose if you go from center of the wheel hub front to rear and have less than 121 inches, you have the 116 series car.

I discounted the Series 129 models because according to this book, the optional bumpers would have had three rows of bars, not the two your car has. I discounted the Series 121 because the book said it usually came in Maroon. Although your car has maroon on it, for the Series 116, the book said the most popular color was Cynosure Blue with Black upper body and fenders. That looks like what your car may have had.

Somewhere on your car there should be a body tag. It may be on the firewall, towards the top under the hood. Look on the passengers side first. Then let us know what it reads.

Note: production numbers on the 29-27 show 44,354 built with an additional 3,262 built for export.

The only "documentation" we have is the mileage on the title ... Oh, and we did find an oil change sticker (from 2006 before the 1st owner died) that says "next oil change 37000". I'm thinkin it's authentic.

It could very well be authentic. Have you got it running again since your post in October?

Hi.

Im Scott from Fountain Hill, AZ. I've had a ton of pre-War Ford Hotrods and a few stockers. My tastes keep migrating more and more to factory parts (even if used in a hop up fashion)

Thanks,

Scott

Many years ago while my wife was pregnant with our first child I traded in my Buick Grand National so that we could get a safe family car that would last for years as we grow our family. Well two kids in college and the third in high school my wife asked me if I was still interested in getting another toy. After a year of searching I found this 67 Buick Wildcat convertible with 59,000 miles and knew it was the car I had to have. Plenty of upgrades planned for the future but right now its a good driver and man it feels great to be a Buick owner once again !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]163339[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]163340[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]163341[/ATTACH]

Kevin, you certainly picked a nice car. Then you teased us with those little pictures... Still, congrats and welcome back to the Buick fold. Where do you call home?

PS: Great Wife you have there. Better hang onto her...