Buick pictures you may or may not like

Elpad

14 hours ago, Elpad said:

212D791D-4031-41E8-9593-41D0511BD0CA.jpeg

1EE342FE-A61B-4AF8-9FF9-E7465378BFF6.jpeg

I am almost certain this picture was taken in Lorida, FL on Rt. 98.  Is there really somebody other than me in the Sebring are interested in Buicks or any other prewar original cars here.  There is no old car activity here except for street rods.  If there are any other people in this are interested in original old cars lets get to know one another.  I have three old Buicks (1939 (2), 1941 (1) and one modern old car (1964 Wildcat)

Dyna, you have to drive a little south to Miami to find other car guys interested on Buicks like me. Own a 54 Roady and working on my second restoration 50 Super (follow me on Toby my model 51). You are exactly right about the location on Rt 98, coming to a meeting yesterday  in Orlando, I decided to come through the scenic route. This is the first time I traveled that stretch usually come Turnpike (boring) or US 27. Saw the Buick at the sign shop by the road thus the picture I posted. Have friend retiring soon in Avon Park and heard about car shows in the area. Perhaps we can get together in the futures, would like to see your corral!

2 hours ago, riv2x4 said:

That's some serious hunting there Bernie.  Did you get the gremlin?

No. My Wife drove that car and three times the starter engaged while she was driving it, grinding its insides out. First the original, then two rebuilts. They were factory gear reduction starters that had a suspicious holding coil built into them.

The side cutters were for cutting the two little gray wires and inserting a resistor to disable the key "chip", just in case.

In the end I went to the parts store with the third gear reduction starter and asked for a straight through drive. The counter person was confused. "This is what your car uses." "Just give me one for a..... '78 Camaro 350."  "Um, OK." $30, stuck it in, and never had another problem.

I gave the car to a needy friend and the starter went bad in a few years. What a time explaining to the shop what I did!

Oh, and the counterman, he went back to designing disc brake conversions from random parts.

Never did find out why the original starter engaged, apparently never happened to anyone else.

Bernie

11 hours ago, Elpad said:

You are exactly right about the location on Rt 98, coming to a meeting yesterday  in Orlando, I decided to come through the scenic route. 

Another angle

70869BCF-32BF-445C-A337-D57B7E4F537F.jpeg

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

I could dig it

I like the very functional tree and brush separator's on the front bumper.  If this was a street car they would be called Dolly Parton's or Dagmar's or something like that. 

One improvement I can think of is a combustion air intake pipe extending out of the three portholes then upwards to keep water from entering the engine when crossing the deep parts of rivers.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Saw  this at a local car show today.Seems to be a trend.Spend big money on ugly wheels and tires and leave the car looking like you found it under a tree. To each his own I guess.

St.Mary's car show 006.JPG

2 hours ago, 91vert said:

Gasser, anyone ?

00101_bD4KBb1zeSD_1200x900.jpg

Because of the weight, this one would have to run in a class in the middle half of the alphabet.   Maybe N/GAS.  Hopefully it at least sounds good.  Kind of reminds me of the FUBAR attempt the Fast and Furious Garage made when they put a 355 small block Chevy in a first generation Riviera and called it a gasser.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)