Buick pictures you may or may not like

Elpad

23 hours ago, RivNut said:

23 hours ago, RivNut said:

Yeah, but this one is rear engined.  Perhaps the vent-i-ports belong on the end where the engine is.

RivNut you are correct.

I found more info on this one.

It is called the Berlin Buick as it has a nailhead in the back and the vent-a-ports are the exhaust.

wefgvasv.JPG

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 91vert said:

RivNut you are correct.

I found more info on this one.

It is called the Berlin Buick as it has a nailhead in the back and the vent-a-ports are the exhaust.

wefgvasv.JPG

Buick engine all right but it's a version of the smaller 215 all aluminum engine. The one that Mickey Thompson used back in  '62 to build an Indy car for Dan Gurney. (DNF - transmission failure.)  British Leyland bought the rights to it  and enlarged it to 5 litres, approx. 300 cubic inches,  for use in its Land Rover series.

• Like 3

They will have to pay me in order for me to obtain that and then I will donate proceeds to charity. It will take at least the asking price to try to convert the convertible to original condition 

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Holy mackerel.  At this time there are 20 bids and they're at $6300.  The reserve is not met and the buy it now price is what I consider astronomical.  What am I not seeing that others are?

You might have missed the sellers description as "extremely  sharp"!  ;)

• Like 1

I seldom look at this particular topic, as I try not to focus on negative comments on the forum. I drove my 1937 Century to lunch today at my favorite local diner. I could not resist a quick photo of this Buick that was there today because it reminded me of this topic. I have never seen a complete duct tape restoration of a vinyl top before.

IMG_20181110_130954834_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Again just about the time you think you've seen it all something like post #693 comes along. Try just getting that group of ebay pictures out of your memory banks. This to me is the opposite side of Kindig or Foose. I know ,I know to each his own but in MHO is stupid money following stupid design and again losing a Buick in the process.