MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

MrEarl

1 hour ago, dei said:

I have several friends who enjoy Cuba and captured this when they went there this past Fall.

DSCN1316.JPG.b8f45843687070897f02c1b6f3a034c8.JPG

With all the various YouTube I have watched, this is the 1st '58 (or Special convert for that matter) I've seen that is there.

I think you need to add fender skirts to your car.

1 hour ago, Mark Simmons said:

The photo is no later than '51. The Cadillac on the right end looks to be a '51 and the Chevrolet over the hood of the Cad looks to be a '50.  The picture needs more Buicks in it. A lot of GM it it though.

Partially hidden behind the '42 Buick Super appears to be a 1950 Buick Torpedo-Style, and a '41 to the right of that one, but without the fender skirts.

Parked cars (Left -o Right):

Mopar - probably Dodge by the center trunk-mounted brake light

Pontiac sedan - 1940-1948?

another Mopar?

1950 Buick Torpedo

store entrance

1941 Buick?

1948? Plymouth

1937-38 Chevy?

Hudson Convertible?

.. hard to make out the rest on my iPhone

Nice pic - thanks

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kgreen said:

1954 Buick Special Poster

Optional, highly desirable and rare paint for fitty fo'.  Equipped with the biggest straight 8 made that year - two of them side-by-side and all under the hood.

and running through TWO PARALLEL SIDE-BY-SIDE PAIRS of

DYNAFLOW QUINTUPLE TURBINE Trannys

as defined by the Sex-tuple Venti-Portseses-

a nailhead with some teeth

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 9:35 PM, Elpad said:

? time for Mr. Earl 

“Blue Bird” went South. Not to worry, she will be taken care off

AF1DCA3A-BEB9-4B0F-9B36-EAA91C8D76B5.jpeg

Was going to start a thread titled "Bluebird flys south for the Winter"  but will just follow Al’s lead here. Having seen BlueBird, a 26,000 original mile car,  wasting away in her pole barn nest over the last few years I decided I have neglected her, as well as some of my other '54's, for long enough. During Al's recent stopover at BG while hauling his 50 parts car from Maryland? to Miami I mentioned I would be offering BlueBird for sale. A few days later I got a text from him that his nieces boyfriend is interested in the car, we came to an agreement on the price and after a couple failed attempts to find a hauler, I agreed to bring the car down to Miami.  So after loading her up in the rain, the next day I headed south.

E793C85E-834E-446B-B0E0-476C22A7F734.jpegCA4A058B-9ADD-4576-B31B-706A66B47D0E.jpeg

On 12/23/2017 at 5:24 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

Drive-through Florida to Miami you'll wonder if it ever ends

No truer words have ever been spoken. I guess when you live in an area that has toll roads or drive on them frequently you may get use to them but this ol back roads Georgia boy despises them. I am watching the mail everyday for a notice that I owe the turnpike a few dollars as on the way down, at one of the toll stations, I thought the cash pay booths were an exit so I blew right through in the automatic number plate line, along with all the other &^#$(* going 80 mph.    We'll see I guess....

I don't think however that I will be offering to deliver any more of my sold '54's. Too damn depressing. I can tell you, getting waves and thumbs ups with a '54 loaded on the trailer while on the road just isn't the same when you're delivering.

After arriving, backing the trailer up to the garage door and unloading her, I talked to the new owner and learn that he had a '56 Buick that he had to leave in Cuba when he came to the US a few years earlier. I immediately felt better about the sale. When he paid, he didn't know what to think when I handed him $50 back and told him to join the BCA, it's part of the deal. After unloading,  Al took me to a wonderful Cuban restaurant and treated me to a delicious meal and beers. I also picked up a couple good cigars while there from my favorite cigar store

http://elgalancigars.com/

1C857928-70F7-4831-A5B9-4E67215F880B.jpegDD53F8D2-4C60-47EF-8411-E496CA275DF0.jpeg

E1A4C984-905C-4CF5-87E1-84DEDDC69941.jpeg

3A808C5C-24EF-435C-93A7-A3E8F60B4A4B.jpeg

I've been feeling pretty blue for the last week or so but feel certain I will be seeing the Malibu Blue over Cavalier Blue BlueBird  being shown next to Al's beautiful Arctic White over Cavalier Blue Roadmaster in the future, which will be a show stopper for sure,  so all is well. Thanks Al for the wonderful Cuban hospitality, nothing short of good ol southern type.  

On 12/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, 60FlatTop said:

The Buick has a tough look.

Olds just had a bad attitude in those years.olds.thumb.jpg.e50c4808caa7e825cd4dba5bdfab829b.jpg

Barney, if you think that Olds has an attitude, check out these two sad faces on the way down.

0BFF3B1E-CB03-4A0D-BE7B-1F9D73299953.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Was going to start a thread titled "Bluebird flys south for the Winter"  but will just follow Al’s lead here. Having seen BlueBird, a 26,000 original mile car,  wasting away in her pole barn nest over the last few years I decided I have neglected her, as well as some of my other '54's, for long enough. During Al's recent stopover at BG while hauling his 50 parts car from Maryland? to Miami I mentioned I would be offering BlueBird for sale. A few days later I got a text from him that his nieces boyfriend is interested in the car, we came to an agreement on the price and after a couple failed attempts to find a hauler, I agreed to bring the car down to Miami.  So after loading her up in the rain, the next day I headed south.

E793C85E-834E-446B-B0E0-476C22A7F734.jpeg 

Barney, if you think that Olds has an attitude, check out these two sad faces on the way down.

0BFF3B1E-CB03-4A0D-BE7B-1F9D73299953.jpeg

Has it occurred to anyone else,

that Mr. Earl's mustache looks a lot like

the upper grille bar "Mustache"

on the 1954 Buick?

But the chrome is slightly shinier

than the Gray !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

That looks like some hearty coffee!  (Or should I say heart attack coffee?)  :lol:

coffee.thumb.jpg.e1610bbd84ba646120008ea87af41a44.jpg

Ha ha, actually black beans. Good thing Rita wasn’t riding with me on the trip home next day. But the coffee did come later and in a much smaller cup and about knocked my socks off. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Ha ha, actually black beans. Good thing Rita wasn’t riding with me on the trip home next day. But the coffee did come later and in a much smaller cup and about knocked my socks off. 

Just about everything on that delicious looking plate would backfire if it were my digestive system.  You da lucky devil Mr. Earl!

• Haha 1

January 7th, 2012, my Wife and I went to the wildlife refuge.

007.thumb.jpg.7847bd0dc204a6cf0f1ccb73cd98b426.jpg

And stopped for a healthy lunch.

015.thumb.jpg.cb986ac1346a7ae3b3e0e1850305e42d.jpg

The stroke came two days later and the heart attack followed that. Once the stitching healed up I have been in better shape than the previous 20 years. Where would I be without those last two slices of pizza.

Bernie

• Like 4