MrEarl

MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

No CT's and you put up woodies.

I did, and that last one is mine, how do you like it.

BTW, considering there had been no input from the scallop section regarding the visor posts, I was beginning to worry, so I checked up on him. He said he's just been busy working on the Bug. :D

• Like 1

I like that last one, but some might think ti's a stretch. I really love driving those flathead Caddies. I'm in the market and don't know for sure if the next one is going to cater to the BCA, CLC, or even a remote chance of the LCOC.

Bernie

25 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I like that last one, but some might think ti's a stretch. I really love driving those flathead Caddies. I'm in the market and don't know for sure if the next one is going to cater to the BCA, CLC, or even a remote chance of the LCOC.

Bernie

Now that I look back,  that IS a Cadillac, I couldn't see that well on my cell phone, tha's my story and I'm stickin to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

Now that I look back,  that IS a Cadillac, I couldn't see that well on my cell phone, tha's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Are you referring to the stretched Woody limo back in post #299?  I think it's a LaSalle, not a Cadillac.  That grill is the inspiration for the turn signal lenses in the 63 - 65 Rivieras.  When Bill Mitchell envisioned the car he originally thought that Cadillac would get it and it would be called the LaSalle.  GM project XP-715

Cadillac La Salle XP-715, 1961

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Pretty, pretty, pretty

IMG_0274.JPG

Yeah, but we will have that nasty white stuff on the ground too soon here. I'm not done with summer / fall weather and am not ready for what is to come. 

Neither are generally my cup of tea, but in both cases I have seen worse, lots worse! It is often all about scale and proportion 

IMG_0510.JPGIMG_0509.JPG

Well, I do like those FWD Rivieras, but the Continental kit...  not so much.  The Le Sabre (looks like a '70) has a beautiful paint job -- but those wheels belong at the top of a windmill (or maybe a pram).  :blink:

PA-171469530.jpg

• Like 1

Those don't look like Skylark wheel covers -- but I can't quite figure out what car they came from.

Gotta love the Buicks with the chopped Carson tops.

Image result for buick chopped carson top

^ nice grille....

Maybe my next tattoo, right over my old ticker. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I just noticed the drawing includes the heat tube for the automatic choke inside the exhaust manifold.  That might suggest a different body location for that tattoo! 

• Like 1

no problem for me, when you're hot, you're hot. :D

in fact maybe I'll use this one.

nailhead2.jpg

This past summer Linda and I went to Washington DC for a "Capital 4th."  When we were visiting the National Museum of American History, there was a audio/visual display featuring a 1950 Buick Super, a salesman with a couple sitting at his desk while he touted the benefits of buying a Buick, and some brochures on the car.  His sales pitch was quite something to hear.  Here are a couple of pictures that I took. Sorry about the quality of some of the pictures.  In the second picture you can see the salesman and his customers at his desk.  100_5059.JPG

100_5054.JPG100_5056.JPG100_5060.JPG100_5058.JPG

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

The BCA Portland Chapter visited that dealership on Sandy Boulevard on a rainy day several years ago. 

The back window & headliner of my 29 Buick started filling up with water, so we had to find some duct tape to stop the leak before heading for home...

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)