MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

MrEarl

Sorry I've missed a few days dispensing meds, hope everyone survived...

"SIR, Uhh SIR, What the **** are you doing at the rear of my car. And HEY YOU, the guy with the stick, I've got the key to open that hood. And NO, I did not order a touch up paint job. And Kilroy, what are you doing in my car?

s-l1600Harley.jpg

I could use some of this V for sure!!!

$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9wj!BRpp!9dYYg~~60_57.JPG

Anybody thought about New Orleans for a Buick National. Sounds like a fun time to me!!!!

$(KGrHqV,!lcFI3wedvd,BSROgRbIUw~~60_57.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Anybody thought about New Orleans for a Buick National. Sounds like a fun time to me!!!!

Hell ya!!!   Anyone thought about Spring or Fall for Nationals......  July heat stinks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2017 at 12:45 PM, MrEarl said:

Sorry I've missed a few days dispensing meds, hope everyone survived...

"SIR, Uhh SIR, What the **** are you doing at the rear of my car. And HEY YOU, the guy with the stick, I've got the key to open that hood. And NO, I did not order a touch up paint job. And Kilroy, what are you doing in my car?

s-l1600Harley.jpg

I could use some of this V for sure!!!

$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9wj!BRpp!9dYYg~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!lcFI3wedvd,BSROgRbIUw~~60_57.JPG

IF YOU WERE TO SERIOUSLY CONSIDER NEW ORLEANS:

1. No later than mid-May

2. No earlier than After Hershey

3. A suburban area outside of the city

4. We have at least 4 national members (probably more) within a 50 mile radius, but no local region. Help could be available, and the National WWII Museum has enough attractions for a couple of days visit One of our BCA members, Jack Wade III was heavily involved in restoring the only operational and fully functional PT Boat, the PT-305.

http://www.pt305.org/

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One more before I get out to the garage.

I bought this car for my Wife in 1981 when we bought our house. It was going to be for hauling her garden stuff.

Oct23bm.thumb.jpg.243f0bad44ecf1dbf689b275e9aa906c.jpg

Ummm, never did get done. And the woods wasn't there when we parked it.

Oct23cf.thumb.jpg.a9874c2fd13ce0400c120a6fc4b6faaf.jpg

Oct23ce.thumb.jpg.3c7d563277b86b78832df4020c287de6.jpg

Ahhh, the dreams of the young.

Bernie

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

One more before I get out to the garage.

I bought this car for my Wife in 1981 when we bought our house. It was going to be for hauling her garden stuff.

Oct23bm.thumb.jpg.243f0bad44ecf1dbf689b275e9aa906c.jpg

Ummm, never did get done. And the woods wasn't there when we parked it.

Oct23cf.thumb.jpg.a9874c2fd13ce0400c120a6fc4b6faaf.jpg

Oct23ce.thumb.jpg.3c7d563277b86b78832df4020c287de6.jpg

Ahhh, the dreams of the young.

Bernie

You could probably drag this out and build a "derelict" out of it.  Derelict - old patina body on a new tubular chassis with a high hp engine.

1948 Buick Super Convertible "derelict"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

You could probably drag this out and build a "derelict" out of it. 

That is not something I am into. I remember the beginnings of those cars and the rat rod counterculture movement. They were guys saying "Oh, Mister big bucks car builder, I'll show you what a piece of crap I can show up in." I heard that in actual conversations. Now there are big buck derelict and rat rods. It is a common social reaction.

Personally, I like shiny cars in real nice condition. Ones without a fly speck and ones that make ME happy, me first.

I grew up to my Dad having a new car every 60,000 miles that was washed every Saturday, my Grandmother always had a nice shiny black Buick, my Mother always noticed attractive cars even to the last couple of weeks of her 83 years. My Uncles aspired to have a Buick to gain favor in my Grandmother's eyes, and my older cousins always had something special. If I can't walk up to my car admiring how good it looks to me or turn back for a look as I walk away for a look, the relationship is over. Those people are motivated by something I don't connect with.

As to the rear view:

Oct23bd.thumb.jpg.b90793143b46a380cbc5a4094a9bafd6.jpg

Bernie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1