Jump to content

MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, parkertom said:

I enjoy seeing the pictures of people posing with their cars. Showed that they took pride in them. 

 

My thoughts exactly Tom! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I've missed a few days dispensing meds, hope everyone survived...

 

"SIR, Uhh SIR, What the **** are you doing at the rear of my car. And HEY YOU, the guy with the stick, I've got the key to open that hood. And NO, I did not order a touch up paint job. And Kilroy, what are you doing in my car?

 

s-l1600Harley.jpg

 

I could use some of this V for sure!!!

 

$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9wj!BRpp!9dYYg~~60_57.JPG

 

 

Anybody thought about New Orleans for a Buick National. Sounds like a fun time to me!!!!

 

$(KGrHqV,!lcFI3wedvd,BSROgRbIUw~~60_57.JPG

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

 

 

 

 

Anybody thought about New Orleans for a Buick National. Sounds like a fun time to me!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hell ya!!!   Anyone thought about Spring or Fall for Nationals......  July heat stinks!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 12:45 PM, MrEarl said:

Sorry I've missed a few days dispensing meds, hope everyone survived...

 

"SIR, Uhh SIR, What the **** are you doing at the rear of my car. And HEY YOU, the guy with the stick, I've got the key to open that hood. And NO, I did not order a touch up paint job. And Kilroy, what are you doing in my car?

 

s-l1600Harley.jpg

 

I could use some of this V for sure!!!

 

$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9wj!BRpp!9dYYg~~60_57.JPG

 

 

Anybody thought about New Orleans for a Buick National. Sounds like a fun time to me!!!!

 

$(KGrHqV,!lcFI3wedvd,BSROgRbIUw~~60_57.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

IF YOU WERE TO SERIOUSLY CONSIDER NEW ORLEANS:

 

1. No later than mid-May

2. No earlier than After Hershey

3. A suburban area outside of the city

4. We have at least 4 national members (probably more) within a 50 mile radius, but no local region. Help could be available, and the National WWII Museum has enough attractions for a couple of days visit One of our BCA members, Jack Wade III was heavily involved in restoring the only operational and fully functional PT Boat, the PT-305.

http://www.pt305.org/

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One more before I get out to the garage.

I bought this car for my Wife in 1981 when we bought our house. It was going to be for hauling her garden stuff.

Oct23bm.thumb.jpg.243f0bad44ecf1dbf689b275e9aa906c.jpg

 

Ummm, never did get done. And the woods wasn't there when we parked it.

Oct23cf.thumb.jpg.a9874c2fd13ce0400c120a6fc4b6faaf.jpg

Oct23ce.thumb.jpg.3c7d563277b86b78832df4020c287de6.jpg

 

Ahhh, the dreams of the young.

Bernie

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

One more before I get out to the garage.

I bought this car for my Wife in 1981 when we bought our house. It was going to be for hauling her garden stuff.

Oct23bm.thumb.jpg.243f0bad44ecf1dbf689b275e9aa906c.jpg

 

Ummm, never did get done. And the woods wasn't there when we parked it.

Oct23cf.thumb.jpg.a9874c2fd13ce0400c120a6fc4b6faaf.jpg

Oct23ce.thumb.jpg.3c7d563277b86b78832df4020c287de6.jpg

 

Ahhh, the dreams of the young.

Bernie

 

You could probably drag this out and build a "derelict" out of it.  Derelict - old patina body on a new tubular chassis with a high hp engine.

 

1948 Buick Super Convertible "derelict"

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RivNut said:

You could probably drag this out and build a "derelict" out of it. 

 

That is not something I am into. I remember the beginnings of those cars and the rat rod counterculture movement. They were guys saying "Oh, Mister big bucks car builder, I'll show you what a piece of crap I can show up in." I heard that in actual conversations. Now there are big buck derelict and rat rods. It is a common social reaction.

 

Personally, I like shiny cars in real nice condition. Ones without a fly speck and ones that make ME happy, me first.

I grew up to my Dad having a new car every 60,000 miles that was washed every Saturday, my Grandmother always had a nice shiny black Buick, my Mother always noticed attractive cars even to the last couple of weeks of her 83 years. My Uncles aspired to have a Buick to gain favor in my Grandmother's eyes, and my older cousins always had something special. If I can't walk up to my car admiring how good it looks to me or turn back for a look as I walk away for a look, the relationship is over. Those people are motivated by something I don't connect with.

 

As to the rear view:

Oct23bd.thumb.jpg.b90793143b46a380cbc5a4094a9bafd6.jpg

 

Bernie

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...