MrEarl

MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

CAUTION!  The following photo is graphic, viewer discretion is advised !!

image.jpeg

What is that thing?

Look,,,,,,someone was/is having some fun, WHAT'S wrong with that?  NOTHING, NOTHING, has he harmed any of US, NO.

Maybe he has out back, a dirt small home built track that he loves power sliding around.

Been there, Done that,. more power to him,

Dale in Indy

But he's not running a Buick engine.  :o

• Like 1

Maybe it's not a Buick chassis, looks like a salvage yard, so maybe he used what was available.

I bet it would be a fun ride  on dirt, so much fun power steering through dirt corners.  

Dale in Indy 

The more you look at the chassis, the more you need to start thinking street rod.   I beam font axle, parallel radius rods, brass era radiator shell, and the chassis mounted headlight arms with bucket headlights.  Looks like someone replaced a 32 roadster body with this narrowed, shortened, and sectioned 59 Buick.  Kinda cool when you start analyzing it.

Ed

Pretty sure that's the back end of a 1960.  1959 had sharp corners is how I've remembered it. 

You are correct.  I was looking more at the other things. Still interesting.  I'd love to show up at a rat rod gathering with this thing.  Especially if it had a nailhead in it.

Edited by RivNut
effing predictive text (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Since there was so much interest

image.jpeg

Just a theoretical, could this be entered in Modified

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thriller said:

Pretty sure that's the back end of a 1960.  1959 had sharp corners is how I've remembered it. 

And the other way to tell is the 60s had portals, but that sure as heck doesn't apply here does it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Okay, you hackers.  Missouri license plate.  Go for it.  Is it close to me (Kansas City area.)

My vision is going.  Those are not parallel radius rods that I saw in the first picture, that's a split wishbone and drag link.  The second picture shows more clearly, the split wishbone for the front axle. I also just now figured out that he didn't shorten the car by splicing the front have of the body with the rear half, he just cut the body off in front of the rear doors.  Still looks like fun.

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First Born said:

Perhaps he was rebelling  [ a slap in the face]  against the H.A.M.B. ers who think a "hot rod" must be a '32 ford .

I like it.  Someone who is THINKING.

Ben

Not a HAMB fan?  LOL

12 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Since there was so much interest

image.jpeg

Just a theoretical, could this be entered in Modified

If it has a Buick power plant, yes.

Distributor in the front, side by side center exhaust.  BB BUICK, Oldsmobile ????.  

BLACK CROWN BUICK SPECIAL | Rat Rod Bikes:

Got chur visor, side spear, port holes, skirts, lake pipes, Caddy tail lights, wide whites, Caddy wheel covers, Appletons, and a chopped top.  Only thing missing is scallops.

• Like 1

Is there a counter culture out there that we're not aware of?

1959 Buick Wild Cat Roadster: \

Image result for Buick rat rod

Image result for Buick rat rod

• Like 2

OK, let's get back to a simpler time. When you drunkenly drove in your driveway, walked into your house, and found a strange man in your bed with your wife. Then you realize,  that's not my wife, that's not my bed, this is not my house, that wasn't my driveway ... and threesomes are 20 years away. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Thankfully, to the best of my knowledge, I won't have any idea what happens to my cars after I'm gone.

• Like 1