Christmas Card from MrEarl

MrEarl

MERRY CHRISTMAS from a corn field with a RACE track in the middle.

My bride of 55 years is from Iron Mountain Michigan, where the snow comes up out of the ground.

Family will be here for Christmas, and I hope to find time to work on my BUICK engine 1927 Miller Indy 30" model race car.

Merry Christmas to ALL,

Dale & Sharon Smith

Indy

• Like 1

Merry Christmas Mr. Earl! 

Nice B&W movie footage...was it Buffalo or somewhere? Please don't say it's Athens. My friend Phil told me it has a pleasant climate. 

Maybe you know the business he started, The Taco Stand.

Know the Taco Stand well Jeff "Mild, hot or extra hot" since the late seventies. I boycotted for a year or so when they cut the real chili con carne and went to vegi chile

I'm ready to spread a little Christmas Cheer, whatever the weatherman brings.

Merry Christmas to all the AACA Forum posters.  Remember old vehicles can still

be enjoyed in winter months.  Happy New Year too.

Paul

post-77664-0-74195000-1450535618_thumb.j

post-77664-0-21348100-1450535651_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ah, the snowy scenes bring warm and happy memories!

Even earlier than probably any of us can recall, drivers WANTED

the roads to be completely snow-covered.  With horse-drawn

vehicles, runners were the winter norm instead of wheels.

I read an old-timer's account, saying that when a bare spot

would appear on the road, men would shovel snow back

ONTO the road!

• Like 1

Oh ... my ... goodness!  LOVE that video, Lamar ... awesome!  I, too, could spend all day & then some watching those type of videos!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic  (awaiting new owner)
"I don't know if there'll be snow" __ Burl Ives __ 'Have A Holly Jolly Christmas'
  • Like 1

Merry Christmas to airboddy, but I'd as soon not have a white one...  I wouldn't live anywhere got snow like that! The occasional 6-8" snows we get here satisfy my snow jones for many months afterward!

Yeah, lot of the problem here is people don't know how to drive in it, but I've heard folks who moved here from snow country say the snow is different here. Then there's those ice storms that seem to just love Piedmont VA and NC.

• Like 2

It was Susquehanna, Pennsylvania, 1958

"Silent Night" performed by Shakin' Stevens & The Sunsets...done a bit up tempo but goes well with the movie.

Thanks for the return well wishes and comments everybody. And thanks for the thanks Steve.

And since we're on the subject of old cars, snow and driving, here's one that I've seen on here before

Notice the nice calligraphy the students posses, becoming a lost "art" today... 

Be safe out there this Christmas season.

• Like 1

MERRY CHRISTMAS to Y-ALL from the west end of of our country. We are getting our Christmas blessings a little early some much needed rain and talk of snow by Christmas Eve. Sending Y-all wishes for a Happy New Year as well.May all yore parts fit and function as they should on you, yore family and yore projects as well. Thank you for the video  Mr. Earl, great to watch it from a warm place.   

• Like 1

Here is a tid bit from yesterdays news.

The Month of December in Portland Oregon was/is the wettest month ever recorded. Any month !!

I think they said they started keeping track in 1942, but there was a comment that it may have been the twenties.

Either way, the rivers are all full or flooding. The drains are at capacity or overflowing. I have water draining across the place where I have never seen it before.

Then to top it off I have my boat for sale and have a very interested buyer, all of the ramps are closed so I cant do a test drive.

I have a buddy that works at a golf coarse that is flooded right now and there is a convenient ramp, however the last time he launched his boat there he ran aground and had to swim back to the clubhouse leaving his boat tied to a tree for several months before they would let him drive out there.

The good side is that there is plenty of snow in the mountains and all of the ski areas are open, last year there was a shortage of snow and a terrible year for the ski industry.

What a turnaround.

Merry Christmas to all !!

Guest Bob Call

Mark Simmons,

Hey, thanks for the Christmas wishes.  I'm not complaining and don't mean to insult you, but, a hillbilly grammar lesson.

The pronoun youall, you-all or y'all is singular. The plural is youins, you-ins or uins.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all youins.

Bobby

Mark Simmons,

Hey, thanks for the Christmas wishes.  I'm not complaining and don't mean to insult you, but, a hillbilly grammar lesson.

The pronoun youall, you-all or y'all is singular. The plural is youins, you-ins or uins.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all youins.

Bobby

or somthin lika that. http://mentalfloss.com/article/12916/yall-youse-8-english-ways-make-you-plural

Yous guys crack this cracker up.

and uhhh Jack M, you sure now is a good time to be sellin a boat.

• Like 1

Glad to know I'm not the only Mental Floss reader here! B)

I will also digress on "y'all". "Y'all" is plural, used to address two or more people. A large crowd of people is addressed as "all y'all".

Still believe "y'all" is the greatest pronoun advancement ever to hit the English language. Every other second person plural pronoun is, well, clumsy. And "you guys" just grates on my Southern ears. Mainly because I always hear it pronounced "YOO GIES" with emphasis on "GIES".

And snow like in the video grates on my Southern sensibilities! :lol:  I repeat, I wouldn't live anywhere gets snow like that!

• Like 1