THE eBugle IS HERE

RICK YOUNG

[h=2]The Buick Bugle is now available online[/h]Go to www.buickclub.org

Put your curser on News & Photos

Click on the drop down box marked The Buick Bugle

Read down and find the line that says Monthly e-Bugle delivered via the internet. click here

That will take you to the following:

To access the online Buick Bugle, please click on the link below.

The program will ask for a User Id and Password.

An Example is: tomsmith@gmail.com or wdoe@msn.com.au.

The password will be your first name as it is on your mailing label and your BCA Number.

If you have both your name and your spouse's name they will be combined.

If you have your first & last initial they will be combined.

For example:

Tom & Mary Smith will be tommary plus the BCA number(tomary12345).

R.A. Smith will be ra and the BCA number(ra12345).

Joseph Smith will be joseph and the BCA number(joseph12345).

[h=2]All letters will be lowercase[/h]

Any questions on what your email address is or password is please contact the BCA Office.

Mike & Nancy Book

buickcluboffice@aol.com

614-472-3939

[h=2]The Electronic Bugle is located here: http://www.buickclub.org/ebugles[/h] ENJOY RICK

Rick, thank you the information.

I am not able to sign-in. Is there a registration process that is required before logging in?

Should the user ID be an e-mail address? This part is somewhat unclear from the instructions.

Finally, for those of us with BCA numbers below 10000, should we place the zero in front of our number so that it is five digits?

Thanks for your help.

Guest shadetree77

Ditto. Access Denied. I've tried it exactly as described. User name is my email address as on file with the BCA. Password is my first name combined with my spouses first name followed by our BCA number. Not working.

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

Great work everyone! Super easy to login and navigate. Photos are still sharp after enlarging (something that the print copy could not do). Works well on all my computers including a 14" screen, so it probably will work on tablets. Curious if it works on smart phone.

Willie

Ditto. Access Denied. I've tried it exactly as described.

User name is my email address as on file with the BCA, Roster the email eBugle trial I participated in.

Should the user ID be an e-mail address? This part is somewhat unclear from the instructions

Agree what the ID should be is not clear - tried email address:- failed

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest 1951 Buick

I just tried Centurian & XP-300' emails as we have them listed in the BCA database and the appropriate passwords and got right into the E-Bugle. If you guys have changed email addresses and did not notify us in the BCA Office, we may have you set up under an old email address.

The password is your first name plus your BCA number (no leading zeros are needed). If your BCA membership shows a middle initial, you password is first name, middle initial and BCA number. please read the instructions carefully and then if you can't get in, call me in the BCA Office or email me at buickcluboffice@aol.com and we can verify your listed email address.

Mike Book, BCA 9202

BCA Office Administrator

Mike Book, I appreciate your phone call!

Thank you for clarifying that the User ID is to be the e-mail address on file with the BCA. You also pointed out that my BCA registration includes both my first name and middle initial, so both are needed for my password. Also, in response to my above question, you made it clear that BCA numbers less than 10000 do not require a "0" in front of the number.

With Mike's clear instructions, I was able to get right into the e-Bugle. It looks GREAT! Thanks so much for the effort on this.

yep, thanks for the call Mike. Using my old email address I was able to get right in and WOW, it is nice, very nice. THANKS everybody for your efforts.

as Brian just pointed out. the User ID is the e-mail address on file with the BCA. No name is needed in front of it as I read the example to say the first time I tried. Then I realized it is JUST the email address, tha's all.

Only one problem left. Just can't chase the dog off the sofa with it.....;)

A couple of things to note on this...

1. It requires Adobe Flash to view the pages. Most Windows systems have that installed by default. Mac's on the other hand may not. It is available though.

2. We will be tracking IP addresses and access to these pages. Thjis means if we see your ID log on at 10 or 20 different IP addresses, we may ask you why. Help protect this program by not sharing your ID / password with others.

Great to see the ebugle up and running. While I did no work on the system, I did push it off the cliff to get it started.

Below is the motion form the July 29, 2010 BCA Board meeting in Ames.

Barney asked to make a motion on a trial electronic Bugle. It has been discussed before about working on an electronic magazine and foreign members are the most impacted from the mailing delay. Barney’s proposal is to send an electronic Bugle to foreign members only on a trial basis for 6 months, at which time the trial will be evaluated for continuation. Brian seconded the motion. There was some discussion about how this could work. Mike can get the listing of email addresses and then press the send of the electronic Bugle at the same time US members would normally receive their mailed copy. This would ensure everyone receiving the Bugle copy at the same time. They would still get a hardcopy. This is working towards a possibility of an electronic only membership or different levels of membership. Some concerns about not doing this for everyone right now are to try to work out any bugs in the process and also to be concerned about the protection of information. Barney said the BOD could be added to the trial as well to see how it works. Rick called to vote and the motion passed 8-0.

1. It requires Adobe Flash to view the pages. Most Windows systems have that installed by default. Mac's on the other hand may not. It is available though.

2. We will be tracking IP addresses and access to these pages. Thjis means if we see your ID log on at 10 or 20 different IP addresses, we may ask you why. Help protect this program by not sharing your ID / password with others.

IP address- does this mean computer used? I use my personal laptop but also my business laptop, so my IP would be 2, if I understand this correctly.

First, let me also add my congratulations to all involved with this effort. I got in yesterday with no problem. My response was delayed as I have been busy reading.

For Mike and Nancy and all the BOD (and everyone actually) - As a Regional Coordinator, I have several times requested list and received same, for members in a particular area. When I took the time to do a mass, or even individual e-mailings, I was disappointed to find that about 25% of the e-mail addresses were no longer correct. So, we may have gained an additional benefuit here by finding people may correct their e-mail addresses on file, so we can all communicate a bit more quickly.

To Jake, While I am not an authority, I would think using two computers would not be a problem, 5 or 6 may raise some flags.

John

Hooray, it finally worked for me! Mike is right, you have to use the e-mail address that the BCA office has on file for you (even though you may have two emails or a newer email address), and lower case letters, and if there is an initial in your name on your magazine mailing label, it has to be there. Nicknames don't work, either, unless it is that way on your mailing label.

Pete Phillips

2. We will be tracking IP addresses and access to these pages. This means if we see your ID log on at 10 or 20 different IP addresses, we may ask you why. Help protect this program by not sharing your ID / password with others.

Adobe Flash just slows access for many users. There is a reason Steve Jobs detested flash

With many here on the forum putting the BCA number in their signature & some emails easily accessible (vcard) will not be hard for a non BCA member to access if determined.

Re IP address : I access via 3 computer's [not that unusual]. The work laptop can have various IP address's.

Edited by 1939_buick
spelling (see edit history)

Ditto. Access Denied. I've tried it exactly as described.

User name is my email address as on file with the BCA, Roster the email eBugle trial I participated in.

Have access now. Thanks for the emails Mike

Looks good, but please get rid of Abode Flash

While I had the magazine open I took and drug the http: address from the top of my computer screen down to the bottom bar of my screen and now I have INSTANT ACCESS to Pete Phillips wonderful magazine all the time.

And also some may not have found that you can click the right or left top of the page and flip it. And the search feature is cool (click the magnifying glass), I found 8 pages with 1954 in them, awesome eh.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

I was finally able to gain entry to the E-Bugle at around 4 this morning. I want to thank Mike and Nancy for helping me figure out my problem. Apparently, I didn't provide my email address when I joined the BCA. Not having an address on file, I could not access the page. My email address was updated and processed and I can now view the online Bugle in all its glory. Thanks to all of the folks who made this possible. Now I just have to decide which way I like to view the Bugle better. Seeing it early online or leafing through that freshly printed magazine for the first time. It will be hard to resist the online version but I do love the look, feel, and even the smell of a newly opened Bugle. Choices, choices......:D.

I also want to thank Mike and Nancy for their assistance as I'm now able to login (Bugle looks great by the way!). I too had never registered my email account with the BCA but now I'm good to go..........

... Is there someone I can contact to see if the email address they have on file is incorrect....
As post 11 above

Also look in the 2011 roster to check your first name - initial/second name - last name format & email

What's most impressive is the layout which is easy to read. It would be nice to save the Bugle to a personal spot so I can rename it for the purposes of locating articles or ads for future reference.

Do I "own" the e-Bugle or is it only in Cyber space on the website?

I have tried every combination of my name and middle initial and use my only email address and it just will not give me access. Is there someone I can contact to see if the email address they have on file is incorrect. I do not have a recent mailing label from the print version to refer to.

Joe, BCA 33493

Joe;

I was having the same problem.

I went to the latest Buick Roster: 2011.

I found that my email address was off by one letter.

That made the difference.

Saw this thread moving on down the page so thought I would use my newly acquired Moderator powers to stick it up to the top here for awhile.

I am sure I will get use to it but currently I am getting a little motion sickness when I magnify the double page and maneuver over first the left page then the right page while at the same time seeing as much as I can see of the referenced pictures etc. I am wondering. Is there a way to pull up just one page and view it. I am sure like I said I will get use to it and I'm sure also that it would help to have a larger computer screen. Not complainin one bit mind ya, just wondering

No trouble viewing.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this happen.

The quality is great on my new monitor. I knew there was another reason I bought it.

Thanks