Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

16 hours ago, PWB said:

Collectors dream come true.

Those vogues are just royalty on the convertible. 

Whats new on your boat tail?

The boat tail is tucked in for the winter up north. I’m enjoying the convertible in Florida for now

81EF0907-7744-4718-813C-FC79E035F85E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

The boat tail is tucked in for the winter up north. I’m enjoying the convertible in Florida for now

Simply supreme.

I can remember having a helluva time trying to find the chrome wheels (rash free) in the 90's!

Never did happen :(

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, RivNut said:

How do you choose from all that's there?

I’ve created a proprietary rank-order algorithm based on the odds ratios of the square root of the inverse logarithm of the sum of drivability quotients as a function of goodness-of-fit. At least in my head, that’s what it sometimes feels like.

• Haha 1

Attended a Cars on the Coast, coffee and cars show at  Becks Bakery in Port Noarlunga. David and Karen Barber invited Jo and myself to come along and followed us down in their 1978 Coupe DeVille.

Coffee was excellent so both of the girls were happy, and even more so when we called in to Maxwell Winery on the way home.

Some of the cars of interest to us included a 1941 Buick coupe, a 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado, 1963 EH Holden and an early Pontiac Firebird. And amazed at the strong following for early Japanese “ rice burners”.

A429562C-4185-40B5-A211-437F5C38581B.jpeg

B0F2EE8C-462B-4EB3-B6CB-CB7804A241C0.jpeg

F892AEA3-5A31-43B2-9CF4-8857E9F716BA.jpeg

5867352F-C7F9-443C-9EEC-F82CC4AAB1FB.jpeg

9EB827CE-FCA6-4076-818C-92C482D24DB7.jpeg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, crowvet said:

Beautiful Car

Thank you Daryle, ...... and the Riviera is not too shabby either. 🤗🤗🤗

Appreciate your compliment. Must admit I’m also very partial to gold ones, including yours in another recent post.

Must admit the gold one pictured in the Autombile Quarterly article on the Riviera Reborn is absolutely stunning. Not sure if the guy mentioned still has it and is an ROA member or on this forum,  but it is in one word Bee-yooo-tiiiii-fullll. 

BTW a recent clay bar job and hand polish on my ‘63 has bought the paintwork up to another level, certainly a worth while exercise ( in more ways than one 😀😀😀😀😀)

Rodney

5 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Thank you Daryle, ...... and the Riviera is not too shabby either. 🤗🤗🤗

Appreciate your compliment. Must admit I’m also very partial to gold ones, including yours in another recent post.

Must admit the gold one pictured in the Autombile Quarterly article on the Riviera Reborn is absolutely stunning. Not sure if the guy mentioned still has it and is an ROA member or on this forum,  but it is in one word Bee-yooo-tiiiii-fullll. 

BTW a recent clay bar job and hand polish on my ‘63 has bought the paintwork up to another level, certainly a worth while exercise ( in more ways than one 😀😀😀😀😀)

Rodney

I use clay bar as well, first time I used it I thought what a waste until I had to do the rest of the car because the front fender I did was BRIGHTER white. Also If you want another step up, you should try Menzerna polishes. Night and day difference on my Corvette.My Riv has the original paint and needs a respray.I am not putting any product on it because I do not want to fight the negative consequences when I respray the car. Again I love your Riv, beautiful car.

Here is my new Lady, still a bit work to do but a joy to ride. The wheels will be exchanged to cragar wire as soon as possible. I am looking for a set of rallys, the trunk emblems. Any of you guys have a recomendation for wheatherstrips? I hope that i can keep the original license plate from North Carolina in Tennesse as well, nothing fits better to the car than this 😉

best regards from Chattanooga

EOEA2185.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

Edited by cabfanatic (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2018 at 7:55 AM, cabfanatic said:

I hope that i can keep the original license plate from North Carolina in Tennesse as well,

I doubt that -- but, if TN offers YOM plate registration (as many other states do) you can find a set of '67 TN plates which really will help with vintage appearance.

2 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

I just bought this color slide of a wrecked 1970 Riv. I wonder if this car ended up getting totaled out or rebuilt. Who knows...

Looks to me like a new front clip and it would be good to go.

Depends on what year it was, probably repaired if it was when the car was fairly new.

Beautiful 64 - love the color combo . Congrats ! 

Thought I would  share some pics of a 64 KX 425 . Bought the bare block earlier this year  and had it completely rebuilt . Everything new or original parts rebuilt to new  standards . All casting numbers correct . Correct AFB's rebuilt .  Original AC compressor being rebuilt  . I consider these early Riviera  engines literally as works of art . Gonna just look at it in my building for a while until I find the right car to put it in. ( if anyone has a Coral Mist  or Teal Mist that they're tired of , let me know 😄

KReed

ROA 14549

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

On 12/30/2018 at 7:33 AM, EmTee said:

Hmmmm, add a plate glass top to that stand and you'll have the coolest living room coffee table on the planet!  ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.d54d1f58327542b9845f54c

Beautiful engine art!  

Picky picky dept.: shouldn't the water pump be engine color?

23 hours ago, Chimera said:

Is the 65 an LL paint code?

It is a "Special Car Order" SCO code.  I wish i knew what the special order color was so I can repaint it back.  The origal color was a bit darker and less green more grey appearing.  Is there any way to document what the original color was?  It was originally owned by a member of the Lammerts family like the fabulous Samoan Bronze 65 GS so I wonder if they ordered several in Cadillac colors?

65rivtag.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Beautiful engine art!  

Picky picky dept.: shouldn't the water pump be engine color?

I think you right about that - personally I just liked the contrast . Maybe change it another date when the mood strikes me . 

KReed

ROA 14549

8 hours ago, JimJordan said:

It is a "Special Car Order" SCO code.  I wish i knew what the special order color was so I can repaint it back.  The origal color was a bit darker and less green more grey appearing.  Is there any way to document what the original color was?  It was originally owned by a member of the Lammerts family like the fabulous Samoan Bronze 65 GS so I wonder if they ordered several in Cadillac colors?

65rivtag.jpg

Interesting. Well if a Cadillac paint perhaps it is Peacock Firemist (my best guess and a spectacular color) or Alpine Turquoise...but can you tell this is the original color/paint (aka has it had a repaint?).

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 4.04.20 PM.png

Not a car but found a use for a couple of nice wheels I have had laying around so decided to do something with them. Friend of mine welded it together for me yesterday and it found a spot in my shop . The top is a 10X 24  and the crank is out of a GM 454 and the bottom is a standard road wheel for early Rivs . Weight 185 lbs ( my back is still hurting from lifting it into my truck !  Definitely not going anywhere easily .

KReed

ROA 14549

F160D8FB-4B54-4D74-BBB6-B4BB01BED505.jpeg

39D7D675-4998-4F97-90DB-A41E68ECEE40.jpeg

66383330-CF65-4671-92F0-57B168B6BAFD.jpeg

92E41B08-6B9F-47B2-AB96-6F92813F9CBE.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This, unfortunately, was the last of my 4 - 63s. I shipped the car from Norfolk VA (it was a California car) to Catania, Italy and then drove it to Naples. Some cops stopped me on the Autostrada in Reggio Calabria and asked where I was going. I said Napoli. They kind of shook their heads and said "CIao". It didn't look like this at the time, of course.

11949275_10206357708534337_1710645661940783711_n.jpg

Edited by usbear2009
Thought of some more information. (see edit history)