bb1970

Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, ?

A Sunday outing to a local wine district. Must have been a “GM only day, as we spotted 50’s Caddilac, 65 Chevrolet Super Sport and 67 Camaro convertible. Owner of the Super Sport said he shoulda bought a 63 Riviera some time back, but missed out! I agree! 

1CEAEC10-B5A5-46DB-8D91-A0378C75F2FA.jpeg

A84CD807-0CDB-410E-87F6-8534D55093EC.jpeg

2F8EF85E-F2AA-46A5-AA86-0A51FB1E8B62.jpeg

• Like 5

I took a break from a couple of other projects this past weekend and finally installed the springs I picked up from Jamco a couple of months ago, and an extra set of KYB shocks (the Monroe shocks that I replaced were installed in 1993 according to the receipt I found in the stack of paperwork from the original owner).  After and before...

Vins Rivi.jpg

Vins Rivi before.jpg

Edited by Vin63 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

That looks excellent @Vin63! Do you mind telling us the costs of the parts and how long everything took to complete? Appreciated and thanks, Scott

Here are a few of my “girls” although not getting enough time together these days :(

1A8739E3-39FB-48F8-A466-77B2BDDEBD62.jpeg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, cultusrider said:

That looks excellent @Vin63! Do you mind telling us the costs of the parts and how long everything took to complete? Appreciated and thanks, Scott

Here are a few of my “girls” although not getting enough time together these days :(

1A8739E3-39FB-48F8-A466-77B2BDDEBD62.jpeg

You'd better keep your eyes on those two or there will be a young Buford running around in the garage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The front and rear springs were $370 on sale and the KYB shocks were an extra set for my '63 Pontiac Tempest, but they are around $40 each. It took me about 6 hours total.

Rivi Tempest.jpg

Edited by Vin63
Photo (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vin63 said:

I took a break from a couple of other projects this past weekend and finally installed the springs I picked up from Jamco a couple of months ago, and an extra set of KYB shocks (the Monroe shocks that I replaced were installed in 1993 according to the receipt I found in the stack of paperwork from the original owner).  After and before...

Vins Rivi.jpg

Vins Rivi before.jpg

Hi Vin, they might be twins. Would be keen to see the data plate on your Riviera. And some inside photos if you had, interior looks like red but not sure. Springs and shocks have made a height difference too! Love the Arctic White!

cheers

Rodney

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi Vin, they might be twins. Would be keen to see the data plate on your Riviera. And some inside photos if you had, interior looks like red but not sure. Springs and shocks have made a height difference too! Love the Arctic White!

cheers

Rodney

Thanks! It was the 11,475th built in the first week of December. It has 718J2 trim package blue leather. 

1 hour ago, NC68Riviera said:

Where did you order your springs from?

Jamco.

Had to start her up and go for a cruise even though there is still snow on the ground.

IMG_20180120_141737558_HDR.jpg

Is there a difference between taking pictures while you're driving than texting while you're driving?

25 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Is there a difference between taking pictures while you're driving than texting while you're driving?

Closed course.  Professional test driver.

With a double yellow line on your left and a power pole on your right?  Testing your faith or luck?

Yes there is a difference. You don’t need to take eyes of road with picture. 

• Thanks 1

You must have eyes in your head like Marty Feldman.  

I don't know of many guys who don't look through a view finder when taking a picture.  Plus your concentration is not where it should be.  Just my opinion. 

Yeah, safety first for sure. It’s a good reminder. I often get pictures from the cockpit, best for someone else to do the picture if passenger present. 

Still, I often cautiously pic up the digital while looking forward, snap some shots (no viewfinder), then set back down next to me without skippen a beat.

if using iPhone/cell, perhaps this could be illegal in states that outlaw cell phone use while driving (like here is Cali.)

My next question was going to be "What do you tell the law enforcement officer who pulls you over?"

I'm sure the old fogies in here have 15 year old flip-phones with tiny little buttons and an antiquated menu system which requires total concentration to get the camera going, but on a newer phone its literally a double-twist and a click to take a pic.  Its far less effort or attention needed than the standard touchscreen infotainment systems that all modern cars have. 

Not saying its the smartest thing to do, but on a road I am very familiar with, at a pretty low speed, its a tiny risk I was willing to take. 

Anyone that claims they haven't taken far, far worse risks is a liar.

Is this going to continue because the winter lull has everyone bored because their cars are stored away for the season, or are people going to start posting pics of their rides and move on?

• Like 2

5a6df41f611d0_63Rivimorning.thumb.jpg.cbdc1834b2db16cdedfe533c09870e06.jpgGetting ready to head out to yesterday's annual BOP show at the Fullerton Municipal Airport. Not sure if the owner is a member here, but the 65 GS was pretty cool.

65 Rivi GS.jpg

Morning.jpg

Edited by Vin63 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

A fellow Buick and Pontiac owner -- I like the way you roll, Vin63!   ;)

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, Vin63 said:

How does it drive with those springs? Any issues with speed bumps or dips in the road? I'm wanting to go with those springs, but I don't want to drag and scrape on everything.

4 minutes ago, jsgun said:

How does it drive with those springs? Any issues with speed bumps or dips in the road? I'm wanting to go with those springs, but I don't want to drag and scrape on everything.

It drives much nicer now. The drive to Fullerton and back over the weekend was no problem (and I think you know how bad the road surfaces of the 60, 57, and 91 freeways are). I installed the 2-inch lower springs, which ended up a little closer to 2.5 inches lower after everything put back together and back on the ground. I often drive the Rivi to a local shopping center that has speed bumps without any issues.

Remote parking on Sunday.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vin63 said:

It drives much nicer now. The drive to Fullerton and back over the weekend was no problem (and I think you know how bad the road surfaces of the 60, 57, and 91 freeways are). I installed the 2-inch lower springs, which ended up a little closer to 2.5 inches lower after everything put back together and back on the ground. I often drive the Rivi to a local shopping center that has speed bumps without any issues.

Ok, cool, you've sold me on it. What size tires are you running? Any rubbing? Here in the desert we have drain ditches at most intersections, and they'll really test your suspension. My ponycar touches down sometimes, and it's just a 2.5" drop.