My Buick, Before......and After

MrEarl

OK gang, let's see some Before and After shots of your Buick's. Go through your photos and pick out the two (2) best most representative photos of your Buick, before and after whatever restoration or fix'n it up or what ever you did to it. And they don't have to be total restorations and they don't have to be 100% complete as we know that is never the case. And nobody cares if they are all correct, or patina cars or modified's or what. Just Buick's!!! It may be interesting to hear what the time frame between the two photos is. And also a short narrative, but that would be extra credit.

I know it will be hard to pick just two but that is the theme here. Perhaps Pete will find this interesting enough to include all or part in a future Bugle article. I really wish I could kick this off with a couple of mine but due to my bad case of BADD I have not finished any yet. Perhaps in the near future though. Let me know if I can help with picture, no guarantees but I'll try.

So come on, who's first?

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Before new top.

The year is 1983 and after 12 years of use (maybe some teenage abuse), car comes out of three year slumber looking like this. Wife says, "that roof looks TERRIBLE". Agreed, 600 bucks will cure that so.....

post-36036-143141731441_thumb.jpg

After new top.

The year is now 1992 and the now nine year old top still looks new. A lot more care and proper storage helped that.

In keeping with two only pictures theme, being a convertible, these are the few I have with the top up. Car is up on stands for a brake job or would post the latest. (still looks good today)

post-36036-143141731455_thumb.jpg

Doug

BCA# 35039

suicide_fool-edit.gif

I gotta tell ya, I don't much like the thought of you doin this Mr. E... You get a big fat Unlike for even suggesting it. :( Take some advice and leave your guns locked up in the house. Takest thy self unto thy Buick Gardens, and fixith thy 54's. :cool: Dandy Dave!

1929 model 25 rescued and restored from farm junk. [ATTACH=CONFIG]176467[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]176468[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]176469[/ATTACH]

Tha's one I've been waiting on Ken. I have these as my inspirational photons on a cork board in the barn and every time I get to feeling overwhelmed with a project, I just take a look at these, have another 6 pack and the feeling goes away. thanks for posting Ken.

croppedy.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Thanks for the accolades fellas. By the way Lamar, that's not me sitting in the wreck. That is a mate that went with me to pick it up.

I'm younger ---- post-41457-143141740092_thumb.jpgor was :eek: That was 1986

I have also posted an old picture of when I transported from one side of the country to the other the rear tub and rear fenders on the draw bar of a camper trailer.

The four doors are inside. Suffice to say when we had to stop for the night, all the stuff had to be unloaded before we could set it up for the night. Fortunately I only had to do it once and was forced to a lot of extended driving to get home ( 2500 miles )

1972 and 1993,but not working all the time with the car just becuse we had 3 small children and I couldn`t find the right rear axle for a long time to this 1924 4cyl.1993 picture from the "new" registration with a friend of mine working there,and driving the car .

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143141741528_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143141741531_thumb.jpg

I bought this 1925 model 25 as one, as we say here in Sweden "Epa-Tractor"bought it in the 4 Oktober in 2004 and restored it to be looking as it looked when they did a Epa-tractor from the car.I have had the engine fixed with Volvo and Chevrolet rod and crank bearings,bored just over 3" with new pistons,4 new tyres.This car looks as the car looked in 1930s when they cut it off.The "restoring took 10 month and it was finished the 19 July in 2005.I sold the car in 2007 and it`s still used on the road for "veteran rallys".

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143141741821_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143141741825_thumb.jpg