1937 Buick - $399,999 (that's what it says!)

Maybe all the accessories justify the price. I think we've seen this car before but searching didn't turn it up. 

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-paula-1937-buick/7660328077.html

1937 Buick Special.Older frame off restoration.Engine and tran. rebuilt.All electrical in perfect condition.
Interior perfect condition.PaintVery nice,Chrome good condition.The only.Upgrade is a new 12 Volt system with a powerful audio system (805) 208-4780

1937 Buick 100000_kWF30UUDC3T_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg00W0W_9XXZQvOaXyh_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg01111_3nFmaB5qN8h_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg00000_ieqLjryrWRx_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg

While living in Southern California seven years ago I had the pleasure to see several of these "bombs" at different car shows. Usually this car would be sitting just a few inches off the the ground and there would be pics of the air bag system. I wouldn't be surprised if he had $40K in the car. I like it, but I would be shocked if it sold for that price. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I love the hat holder. Harkins back to the day of gentlemen! Not a bad looking car, the interior does look pretty nice. No idea on values of these, but even with a decimal in the wrong place seems a bit on the high side.

I wonder if that hat holder would work in my 1937 Buick convertible?

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

Has anyone noticed that it seems to have an AACA national award attached to the grille?

Whatever it might be lacking now it seems to have had it in the past.  

• Like 2

It is a nice-looking car. Paint looks like Sudan Blue. Dash woodgrain looks more like 1936's. 1937 is lighter.

If that is an AACA badge, it was awarded two seat upholsteries ago. Is a dented air cleaner a point deduction?

17 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I love the hat holder. Harkins back to the day of gentlemen! Not a bad looking car, the interior does look pretty nice. No idea on values of these, but even with a decimal in the wrong place seems a bit on the high side.

Absolutely!  The hat rack is an awesome addition.  

Can anyone please tell me where I can get one?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

24 minutes ago, furballx said:

Absolutely!  The hat rack is an awesome addition.  

Can anyone please tell me where I can get one?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Check ebay and type in - automobile hat rack.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, suchan said:

It is a nice-looking car. Paint looks like Sudan Blue. Dash woodgrain looks more like 1936's. 1937 is lighter.

If that is an AACA badge, it was awarded two seat upholsteries ago. Is a dented air cleaner a point deduction?

That grille badge is round, not oval. That appears to be a Driver Participation Award, so it may have been awarded in the car's current condition. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EmTee said:

Must be the nicest '37 Special on the planet...  ;)

Except it isn't. I realize being in CA, it will likely sell for an amount that those of us who are very familar with these cars will think is crazy, but I don't think it will go for his asking price. I do think the "Bomb Life" sign in the back window is an interesting, California specific, touch.