Who likes Old Vintage Trucks ?

It's a different sort of hobby old trucks. Trucks tend to be expensive and made for hard service and so they often continue to be used for a long time, this increases the number of old trucks that are around, on the other hand they tend to be used hard and are badly beaten up when they get old. You may occasionally find one that spent most of its life in storage unused but this is rare. So the restorer has his work cut out.

1 hour ago, Rusty_OToole said:

It's a different sort of hobby old trucks. Trucks tend to be expensive and made for hard service and so they often continue to be used for a long time, this increases the number of old trucks that are around, on the other hand they tend to be used hard and are badly beaten up when they get old. You may occasionally find one that spent most of its life in storage unused but this is rare. So the restorer has his work cut out.

As an example.......If only this old Mack could talk........Bob

20180616_135528.jpg

• Like 7

Truck shows are always fun........the firetruck shows are insanely fun. The SPAAMFAA firetruck meet is a must do bucket list item for any person who likes cars. 

• Like 1

For some reason I like old trucks. Usually pre-war. They are quirky, interesting, for the most part function trumps form - lots of details to keep you interested, and there were so many, many different manufacturers with fascinating histories. Add to that the fact that most pre-war commercial trucks were customized for the client and use. Fast? Nope! Fun? yes! and the antique truck community, like the antique car community, is made up of awesome people. Plus, as you can see from the previous posts, there is considerable crossover with collectors.

287327415_5136344846486276_1519974538095007818_n.jpg.fdbcee98e09372b5191487c253c52616.jpg.bdc4459636a33446d7cdfaada3e175ca.jpg

• Like 2

A small contingent from the ATCA at the Carlisle truck show this past weekend. If you think trucks are not popular, by 11am the fairgrounds was full to the brim and the trucks were backed up to the Main Street. Yes, many are very new- but the number of different genres ( sorry about my French) seems to grow daily.  I think there was something there for just about anyone.

C4654DB4-B0F3-439E-A638-E9FDEB63E5C3.jpeg

69F9F651-D850-48C9-B213-A985213C709A.jpeg

Edited by greenie (see edit history)
  • Like 3

The B Macks are one of my favorite old trucks. There was a concrete company when I was a kid that had a fleet of them. There was one at the AACA HQ show (diff company) a few weeks ago. When I get to my other computer I will post a pic of it.

• Like 1