Who likes Old Vintage Trucks ?

1925 REO T-6 Speedwagon Dump Truck

6 Cylinder OHV 50 HP 239 Cu in engine

884870043_LugnutsREONight.jpg.b142b0585338cd47794bdb1428baec6e.jpg

The RE Olds Transportation Museum had this out last month for REO Night at the ball stadium in Lansing, MI

Edited by Stude Light (see edit history)
  • Like 10

On 6/30/2022 at 11:44 AM, JACK M said:

I have a close friend that owns and works a dump truck.

He corrects me whenever I refer to a pick-up as a truck.

On 6/30/2022 at 5:43 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

I was also corrected by a dump truck guy, that I have a pickup. Not a truck. So, just like the motor/engine thing. Let’s have out the truck/pickup thing.😂😡

So I guess this is a pickup TRUCK  🤣

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FSFj0q8zCqQ4%2Fhqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2022 at 8:11 AM, philip roitman said:

IMG_6527.jpeg

That's a rare 1931 Model A Ford Deluxe Pickup - only about 300 produced IIRC.  It's missing the chrome rails on top of the bed sides though.

• Like 2

I brought this back from the dead, twenty five years ago; and like all old vehicles it has many stories it could tell. One picture is in its' original appearance for AACA shows, and the other is with the extra set of whitewalls for fun, I also have trim rings but are not on in this picture.

38 Nov20.jpg

38 WWtires.jpg

• Like 15

5 hours ago, 63RedBrier said:

Beautiful truck, Glen!  I love the dark green...

Thanks; I guess you can tell the one picture was taken in the bright sunlight (mid morning), and the whitewall picture was taken around 5:30 p.m. I have always heard that green is the most difficult color to photograph. Thanks again.

13 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

Glen, you are so correct.......

image.png.393d0c200b60ca2ea1c0659b60c85526.png

Of course most like seeing photos of cars parked on grass, or with a green background filled with trees.  In the case of a GREEN car, a contrasting background is more appropriate to highlight the car, be it asphalt pavement, crushed red shale, flagstone, etc., to park it on with a nice building made of brick or sandstone behind it.  (The '25 Reo photo at the top of the page is an excellent example.)  Or even the Grand Canyon and/or other natural formations that don't produce any foliage.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Glen Andrews said:

Thanks; I guess you can tell the one picture was taken in the bright sunlight (mid morning), and the whitewall picture was taken around 5:30 p.m. I have always heard that green is the most difficult color to photograph. Thanks again.

I also have trouble too Glen taking pics outside of my Green 56 Chevy truck, especially in the Sun, when it's cloudy out the color is much darker....STEVE M

DSCN1514.JPG

Edited by Rooney3100 (see edit history)
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Glen Andrews said:

Yeah, at first I thought why did he repaint it all black?  🤣  Then I noticed you can just make out the green on top of the hood and cab.  Can't decide whether I prefer the workaday version or the dressed-up.  Either way, it's a sweet little truck - I really like the grille on the 38.

• 4 weeks later...

In a nutshell, I'm wondering if this group only applies to old autos, or if old commercial vehicles fit as well. I always had an eye for older trucks from the 40s to 80s (think Class 7/8), but didn't know if that would fit with this forum?

Welcome.

You also might be interested in the Antique Truck Club of America. A 50 year old club dedicated to trucks. Membership includes a magazine "Double Clutch" and an online forum. You can join on line and pay with PayPal.......... EZ Peasy.

They also put on one of the biggest truck shows in the country in Macungie, PA. Lots and lots of Canadian trucks and truckers make it down for the show. If you google ATCA Macungie there's a bunch of UTube video......Bob

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bhigdog said:

Welcome.

You also might be interested in the Antique Truck Club of America. A 50 year old club dedicated to trucks. Membership includes a magazine "Double Clutch" and an online forum. You can join on line and pay with PayPal.......... EZ Peasy.

They also put on one of the biggest truck shows in the country in Macungie, PA. Lots and lots of Canadian trucks and truckers make it down for the show. If you google ATCA Macungie there's a bunch of UTube video......Bob

I do love how the big shows gravitate to PA. :D Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Wow used to drive right by there all the time.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, canadiancreed said:

I do love how the big shows gravitate to PA. :D Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Wow used to drive right by there all the time.

The show is every june around mid month. Our Fathers day. I take my 1939 Chevy pick up every year.  Come on down....bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Rusty_OToole said:

There is a fair bit of discussion of antique trucks on here. I don't know if there is a cutoff date but don't recall anything newer than the fifties.

I can understand that. To me older trucks end in the mid 80's. No reason other then after that they feel "modern"

Welcome !

Old trucks, commercial vehicles of all types, and especially (at least to me) fire trucks and fire engines are certainly welcome.

Folks with vintage trucks also drive our tours.

For many years we drove, paraded, and even toured all over Louisiana in our 1951 Ford F-6, with fire apparatus built in Ohio by Boardman.

I carried 500 gallons, could pump 500 GPM at 250 PSI - or 250 GPM at 500 PSI, draft from either side, and had a High Pressure Fog unit mounted on the tailboard. The 2-speed differential meant that she could run at highway speeds, or in Low-Range and Granny Gear she could walk through a Mardi Gras Parade while I got out and walked alongside (i did!).

Ours was delivered new to the Monsanto Chemical Plant in Luling, Louisiana, and remained in service there on site until 1966 when it was donated to the volunteer company in St. Rose, LA. In 1978 the pumper was gifted to the volunteer company in Bayou Gauche, LA. I got it in 1988, drove it years later in the New Orleans Fire Department's 100th Anniversary Parade and Muster, and eventually passed it along to friends in St. Martinsville, LA. It was later a fixture at their Lafayette, LA restaurant "Edie's" at Ambassador Caffery & Pinhook.

My dream is a 1947 American LaFrance 700 Series Pumper like the one my dad was assigned to when he went on the department in 1947 in Linden, NJ. 

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Post photo's of all the trucks you want. As long as they are at least 25 years old you are safe. We like pictures. 🙂 My 1990 Chevy Suburban. A 1957 Dodge I owned at one time. My 1925 White. IMG_4353.JPG.154eeb596bfd758dcb07d1b55a8e1ee9.JPG

IMG_1808 (1).JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

My latest truck is 33 yrs old. Sold my 2010 F250 Lariat and bought a 89 from N. Carolina. Hard to believe it's that old! Still too new for most of crowd on here, but that's ok. I like the interior and cold A/C as it's over 90 degrees and 95% humidity today!

aprf150 036.jpg

• Like 3

If we are talking about BIG trucks, there will be a show in two weeks on a Saturday in Buck PA. About 15 minutes south of Lancaster. Its a show mostly of modern over the road stuff but there are antiques that show up. I think admission is free as well.

There is a real nice show in Ballston Spa NY 

I was impressed with how many trucks were in attendance.  Some nice stuff from Canada in the past,  but with the restrictions of the last few years not as many.  They still fill most of the fair grounds.  The majority are big trucks and alot of stuff right back to the teens. A real nice mix.   A very laid back show with a real low admission I think it was a dollar or two donation.  Trucks coming and going all day.  Almost like a big boys cruise in with a huge parking lot. They even have a nice little swap meet.   I can't recall but even the vehicle fee entrance was super cheap.

I only attended 2 shows last year and that was one of them. Here is my 47 Hudson big Boy and you's already seen the Brockway. 

ATHS Hudson Mohawk 32nd Annual Truck Show

September 17 - September 18

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_3740.JPG

• Like 2

For all kinds of trucks including antiques check out the Walcott Truckers Jamboree in July of each year.

2023 Walcott Truckers Jamboree | Iowa 80 Truckstop

The Iowa 80 Truck Stop is in Iowa on Interstate 80 (duh!) It is billed as the largest truck stop in the world and includes a truck museum with more than 100 antique trucks.

Don

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DLynskey said:

For all kinds of trucks including antiques check out the Walcott Truckers Jamboree in July of each year.

2023 Walcott Truckers Jamboree | Iowa 80 Truckstop

The Iowa 80 Truck Stop is in Iowa on Interstate 80 (duh!) It is billed as the largest truck stop in the world and includes a truck museum with more than 100 antique trucks.

Don

This is a great visit every time we get out that way

• Like 1

My 1936 GMC T-14 that we finished last August, the 50 year long restoration got done before I was to old to drive it.  I had much help here from this group. Sometimes it was sending me a part I needed, on several occasions it was me sending the part to our very talented posters for a repair and of course some kind words of encouragement from time to time!

B9C2F46B-786F-42C7-9FFC-84B0F47C18B0.jpeg

• Like 10