‘41 Sedanette, It's Here- Christmas for a 69 yr. old

Eddie-O

Hello all,

last week I posted as a new be and to say Hello. I was waiting for the arrival of my 1941 Buick Sedanette and said I'd post pics on it's arrival. I must admit, I was like a kid on Christmas morning and still am since I've been all over it since Friday morning. Didn't think at 69 there was much to excite me anymore, but this did it. I did fall in love with the car the day I saw it and now it's mine. I'm sure it's no big deal to all you big collectors but I'm still in shock when I go into the shop and she's sitting there. No more rocking chairs for this guy! She'll keep me busy for awhile. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as time goes by, but for now, here's the pics. This is also my way of keeping "social distancing".

All the best to all and stay healthy.

Ed

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 16

Thanks for all the compliments guys! To tell the truth, the roads are still painted white with salt around here so I haven't even taken it for a good ride yet. But I have plenty to keep me busy in the mean time. Been going through the whole car top to bottom.  Took care of some small issues on the interior, frozen seat track, fixing dome light short, all good now, no big deals. Today she goes on the lift and I'll go through the chassis components, brakes, fuel lines, suspension, front end , fluid change and make sure there's no issues. If it needs anything, I'll do it now so it's road ready and dependable . Would do a tune on it, but it runs so smooth and quiet I'll wait. " If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! Can't wait to hit the road. Raining now and hopefully the next couple of days to clean the roads and then I'll be gone!

All the best and stay healthy

Ed

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful car @Eddie-O top to bottom, love the fender skirts and ornament on these. 

Before you get too far along with this thread here in the General Forum you may want to consider posting in the Me and My Buick Forum which is more dedicated to individuals and there Buicks.   https://forums.aaca.org/forum/58-me-and-my-buick/        Then when you have technical questions, the guys in the PreWar forum are always glad to help 

https://forums.aaca.org/forum/60-buick-pre-war-technical/

1 hour ago, Eddie-O said:

To tell the truth, the roads are still painted white with salt around here so I haven't even taken it for a good ride yet.

Yea, ours down south here are painted too, but yellow with pollen :lol:

BTW, you have a private message, go to the top of the page and click the envelope

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Wow, what a beauty.   I really understand what you say about having to take a peek into the garage to really believe that she's in there and she's YOURS! 😄  I admired this car on the seller's website before you nabbed it.

Edited by neil morse (see edit history)

That is a beautiful car.  I remember one exactly like it that the school bus passed every day.  As a kid I always knew when I grew up, if I ever got a '41 sedanette, I'd paint it that color.  My aunt & uncle had a 1942 sedanette in that color from 1943 or 1944 all the way through to 1951 (before I was old enough to drive).  Finally, years later in 1976 I painted my first 1941 Series 91 Limited that color.  Currently I have a 1941 Roadmaster sedan in solid black.  If you're interested, I have a full set of bumper ends (elephant ears) I plan to take to Hershey and sell.............if there is a Hershey and if I can get a space.  I have a whole pile of 1941 chrome that I am hoping to take to Hershey.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank's all you guys for the terrific compliments. I still go out to the shop and shake my head when I see it. Done a lot of PM to it plus two coats of Zano. Waiting for a decent day for a shake down cruise. It's April 17 and we have 3 inches of snow! Where is spring, or did I miss it?

All the best and stay healthy all of you.

Ed

21 minutes ago, Eddie-O said:

. It's April 17 and we have 3 inches of snow! Where is spring, or did I miss it?

All the best and stay healthy all of you.

Ed

Yes, this snow sucks.  We had a ground covering this AM, which melted by noon, but tonight they predict between 1-5 inches for us, here in the  Albany area.  It has to be torture to have that car sitting there waiting for a first drive...Hang in there.  You live in a beautiful area.  I am looking forward to your pictures of the car on some of those drives. 

Great looking car, are those the '41 California plates? I had Year of Manufacture plates on my '40 and sold them when I moved to North Carolina. You need both plates (front and rear) to use them in California, so they bring a premium on ebay. Didn't mean to hijack your post, beautiful car. 

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful car! I'm partial to '41's, as I've owned one for a longish time now. I really love that colour combo on those fastback coupes. Nice that it is a dual carb car too. Great driving cars no matter what.

Hope you are able to get out and enjoy it. I'm sure it get a lot of attention in your travels.

Keith

Thank's again guys for all the nice comments. Yes those are the 41 plates front and rear. Still waiting to get the car registered since NYS DMV is still closed because of the virus issue. Borrowed a set of dealer plates from a friend last week and put a whole 20 miles on it. Got pulled over by a cop coming back home. Thought I'd get in trouble for something and instead he wanted to check out the car and tell me how nice it was and looked rolling down the road. It made me feel like a million bucks! Guess the car makes a few people feel like I did when I saw it. After my first look at it, I knew I was going to buy it. NYS says the DMV is tentative to open on May 19. Had to return the dealer plates so now I wait. Guess I'll put a few more coats of Zaino on in the mean time. Also more time for the rain to wash off the salt on the roads. They salted again last week where I am.

Stay healthy and thank's again.

Ed

• Like 1