Clive Cussler has Passed away

supercargirl

R.I.P. Clive.

Spent many hours reading his books in my younger years,  my brother gave me a copy of one of his later books last year, still  a great read .

He was also involved in a History Canada channel show called "The Sea Hunters" that I enjoyed too.

• Like 1

I just saw that. Bummer. His books were mindless entertainment, exactly the right length for a cross-country flight. I recently finished the latest Dirk Pitt novel, and unfortunately it did appear that he pretty much mailed that one in.

• Like 1

Very sad to hear, but his son is interested in the cars and will continue his legacy, I believe.  Great collection in an industrial area in Denver.   So sorry to hear of his passing, he had a passion for wonderful early cars...

• Like 1

In almost all of his works, he found a way to include an antique or classic car into the plot—in some of the others, it was an old plane or ship. If it was a car, it would often turn out that he (Clive) had the same car in his collection.

He was somebody who really lived his dreams and sometimes made them a reality. My favorites are Night Probe!, Raise the Titanic!, and Vixen 03.

• Like 1

For those of you who do not use facebook

Clive Cussler
· February 23 · 

Rainy days make beautiful sunsets. We’ve been getting ready to shoot the photos for the new Sam and Remi Fargo adventure “WRATH OF POSEIDON” book jacket. Can anyone guess what car this is? Hope I'm making it hard.

Clive Cussler
Yesterday at 8:28 AM · 
It is with a heavy heart that I want to share the sad news that my husband Clive passed away on Monday. It has been a privilege and a great honor to share in his life. I want to thank you, his fans and friends for all the support, for all the good times and all the adventures you have shared with him. He was the kindest, most gentle man I ever met. I have always loved him and always will. I know, his adventures will continue.
Clive Cussler, July 15, 1931 – February 24, 2020

Image may contain: car, motorcycle and outdoor

Clive.jpg

I too read many of his books and saw his cars on display occasionally.  While his books were never complicated they were invariably fun to read, and isn't that what fiction of his genre is supposed to be? He has succeeded admirably.  I am saddened that I never had the opportunity to meet him personally.