Scam?

DavidMc

For $250 you can ask others to help pray for your sale. I will pray for his sale for a hearty handshake and a cold beer. There is actually an old thread about this outfit. I have not found any reviews from anyone that actually paid the money.... but this has been going on a while. 

I realize not everyone using this forum is comfortable "surfing" the web, but, if you use a browser like Google, or Yahoo, or your favorite... enter this search string "worldwide investment cars .com" with spaces as shown.  You should find more than one complaint or poor review ...    the theme being "18 months later, still no sale"...   David, you are very smart to ask for advice BEFORE plunking down any fee !!    

Ratings and Reviews for Worldwide Investment Cars

Review: Car Dealership Service
6 years ago
GUARENTEED TO HAVE SOLD MY LINCOLN WITHIN 30 DAYS, THAT WAS DECEMBER 2011, THIS MAKES OVER 1  1/2  YEARS WHEN IT WAS TO HAVE BEEN SOLD WITHIN 30 DAYS, WAS QUOTED SEVERAL TIMES "KISS IT GOOD BYE", THE KEY WORD HERE IS GUARENTEED

SINCE NOVEMBER 2011 MANY/MANY PHONE CALLS AND Emails, AND HAVE BEEN TOLD MANY BUYERS SHOWING INTERESTS AND JUST WAIT, "I GUARENTEE IT WILL SELL"

Review: Car Dealership Service
6 years ago
Car sales website that is global.

He Guarnetees in one month that car is going to be sold.  He kept just telling me why the car did not sell.  He had the car priced too high. After 18 months is has not been sold.  He found my phone number in another source and he called me.  He has a very bad attitude. He has called me names and accused me of inappropriate things when I was just checking on why the car has not been sold.

That is one overly long declaration of innocence. I have never seen such a long, repetitive, redundant, preemptive self defensive manifesto. Now, I am certainly no scholar. Much less one of the Shakespearian persuasion. But hidden in some convoluted backwater of my failing brain, I seem to remember a  line about a lady protesting TOO much. I would love to be able to quote verbatim, but I can't even tell you what play it is from. Someone once told me that Shake' laid down some very perceptive insights into universal human behavior and traits. I don't know. Scholar, please ?    -   Carl 

• Like 1

C Carl, I think the quote from Shakespeare you are looking for is "methinks the lady doth protest too much"  if my memory from school a very long time ago is correct.  Certainly fits all of that nonsense.

Thanks  for all the responses.  It is as I expected,  the company has an address and phone number which are probably real but the claims are unrealistic.     I had no intention of donating $250  to this man.

Thank you, DavidMc. Right. I think I do recognize that as exactly the precise verbiage. Good thing these guys didn't snare you. Might have made a protesting gentleman out of you. Certainly to no avail. Do you know what the play is ?    -    CC 

I looked at the website, and its hyperbole smells bad to me.

"Hundreds of rich overseas buyers in 92 countries."

"We work with 957 classic car dealerships...59 languages."

"Buying frenzy overseas."

Oh, sure, Mr. Alleged Lying Fraudster.

The "company" is probably one man and maybe a partner,

and I guarantee they don't speak 59 languages!

I see that the company goes out of its way to say, essentially,

that all the complaints and bad comments about them 

aren't true!

And since when is the worldwide market so spectacular?

That may have been the perception some time ago, but

now I hear but that other countries aren't doing so well

when the U. S. economy is booming.  "Buying frenzy," huh?

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Know how I know it's BS?

cache_2920864204.jpg?t=1540232068

1961 Mercedes Roadster

SOLD  $ 232,000  

cache_2920865804.jpg?t=1286148249

1969 Oldsmobile 442

SOLD  $ 58,700

cache_4228526405.jpg?t=1563810545

1929 Cadillac Phaeton

SOLD  $ 227,000 

cache_2920868104.jpg?t=1533057654

1968 Jaguar

SOLD  $ 174,500 

cache_2920868504.jpg?t=1286175964

1972 Impala Convertible

SOLD  $ 49,500  

cache_2920865604.jpg?t=1529038586

1947 Ford Woody

SOLD  $ 132,000  

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, tripwire said:

There's a discussion about this same website on HAMB.

that was from 2012 highly doubtful they have changed.funny what you find when doing due diligence and google

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/car-sales-scams.740752/

General consensus is the site is a scam.

As someone already said, nice work if you can get it.

Wes in VT