Happiness Is....

JRHaelig

45 minutes ago, wayne sheldon said:

When I had the '25 Pierce Arrow series 80, every night, before turning in, I went out and stroked one of the headlamps! I sure wish I could have kept that car.

Wayne, that car is now in very capable hands in Arroyo Grande.  I drove it for a few minutes a year ago, after adjusting the carb.  You can see it again at the *2021* PAS Meet in Buellton, CA in the latter part of June, 2021.  Stay in touch, please!

Thanks George!

So did the car finally get a good caretaker? I wish I could have kept it. It should have been driven and enjoyed, but maintained to preserve its low mileage originality.  Especially, that interior! I think it was one of the finest original mohair interiors I have ever seen. The paint on the body had been redone at some point a long time ago. However, many people thought it was original. And of course the fenders aprons etcetera was redone more recently,  but looked very nice. I heard years ago that it was almost completely restored. As long as it is being well taken care of.

Maybe one day I will be able to get back on tours again. I sure hope so. I miss the cars and antique car people, following a line of incredible nickel era cars, horseless carriages, even model Ts. I hope to see you on another tour before too long.

• Like 1

I’m currently saving to buy a Willy’s Knight that needs restoration big time. I’ve been selling off the gun collection to fund its purchase (assuming the seller doesn’t want too much). Wife asked am I ok with parting with the guns. I said they’re just sitting unused in a safe, having this car sitting in the carport even if it’s not driveable  yet  will bring me more joy to look at than they do.

Besides, once a project is secured you can take as long as you want :)