1911 Buick Model 26 and 27 Projects

1911 Buick – Unique Offering – three worthy projects in one lot – one Model 27 Touring chassis and body – one Model 26 Roadster chassis and body – one Model 27 Touring chassis no body – all three are 201 cubic inch 4”x4” engine, 3 speed sliding gear transmission, multiple disc oil bath clutch – mostly dis-assembled – prefer to sell as one lot but may separate as practical – detail inventory list and photos available via email upon request.  Bryce Taylor 435-773-3126

I have over 100 pictures and detailed inventory list to describe this lot of 3 Buick projects - I hesitate to put that much on a site - when people are seriously interested I have emailed directly to them - that has worked well.

Please just call or text 435-773-3126 and we can make arrangements.

Thanks,

Bryce

Washington, Utah

This guy has three 95% complete chassis with two bodies, all broke down into their component parts. They are currently laid out neatly in his garage but it will be impossible to get one or two pictures that can represent what he has. One or two pictures will not do justice to the magnitude of parts he has, and no, they are not rusted out hulks. The two bodies are very solid. An offer of $5,000 is an insult as even in this depressed market, each chassis is worth $5,000. The Buick model 26/27 is a strong tour car. A total restoration might be out of the question financially in this current climate, but a reassembly with an eye toward touring is certainly reasonable. It is a great opportunity. Anyone interested should really contact him for pictures.

Edited by AHa (see edit history)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, thehandleman said:

Simple five minutes of like 3 pics per car will get more Interest then being lazy,

Good Luck on your sale

The man gave his phone number, if I were interested then wild horses wouldn't stop me.

When I see no pictures or price I always think poor condition and overpriced. Now that is just me but it works both ways so I just walk away. But I have bought 2 brass cars through this site in the past 1 1/2 years and always open to projects / basket case.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AHa said:

An offer of $5,000 is an insult as even in this depressed market, each chassis is worth $5,000. 

You missed my point.   Most of us are not happy when a totally new person comes on the forum only to sell vehicles, then has no location, no photos and no prices and expects all of us to fall over ourselves begging to buy their cars, which when done, the seller will never be back on to contribute.  

But, based on your input, the price is $15,000 for everything.  as you state each chassis is worth $5000.

Add to all this - someone needs to basically go and get all of this, sort it out, and remove it at great cost.  With transport at $2.50 a loaded mile, and the unique situation here of all of them being "basket cases" basically, it is almost an impossible task.  Time is money, at least my time is.  I simply can not devote several weeks to going and laying eyes on these, figuring it out logistically, coordinating transport at what will double your investment, all presumably without any heavy lifting from the seller, who like many Craigs List ads for these sorts of sales "just wants it gone."  

Which brings us full circle and maybe $5000 is not a horrible offer after all.   It's going to take all hands on deck to move these cars.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dep5 said:

The man gave his phone number, if I were interested then wild horses wouldn't stop me.

The rules of the forum ask sellers to post some basic information.   I had to reach out to 3 Craigs List sellers of cars of interest recently because they had no information in their ads and I needed some additional information to forum a decision.  Phone calls ensued to get information that could have been provided in a free ad space, like this forum.  

Pretty simple, not trolling.  

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

You missed my point.   Most of us are not happy when a totally new person comes on the forum only to sell vehicles, then has no location, no photos and no prices and expects all of us to fall over ourselves begging to buy their cars, which when done, the seller will never be back on to contribute.  

But, based on your input, the price is $15,000 for everything.  as you state each chassis is worth $5000.

Add to all this - someone needs to basically go and get all of this, sort it out, and remove it at great cost.  With transport at $2.50 a loaded mile, and the unique situation here of all of them being "basket cases" basically, it is almost an impossible task.  Time is money, at least my time is.  I simply can not devote several weeks to going and laying eyes on these, figuring it out logistically, coordinating transport at what will double your investment, all presumably without any heavy lifting from the seller, who like many Craigs List ads for these sorts of sales "just wants it gone."  

Which brings us full circle and maybe $5000 is not a horrible offer after all.   It's going to take all hands on deck to move these cars.  

Spot on B Jake! Spot on!

Folks, ok to disagree and to argue your point..let's just keep the personal remarks out  please.  There are more people who read our forums who do not post than who do post.  We are about to spend  evenmore money on our site and introduce a great new feature, it's aim is to interest people to AACA , other clubs and the hobby.  Personal attacks can drive people away.  Thanks for your cooperation.  

My take is that we would have enjoyed seeing the pictures and they would have helped this new person with is forum ad.  However, he put his name and phone number out there and if I was a Buick guy looking for a project I simply would have called to get more info if I had an interest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Steve,

Maybe its time if your going to be a member and in the AACA there should be rules for posting stuff For Sale, like pics, phone or email or pm. condition ?  I do not have much time as I am sure many others don't either in this techno world, so the guy who is making the sale and the money it makes sense that they do there do diligence and provide at least three or four Pictures. There is no way I am calling someone who may just want to BS on the phone for hour to hour and half wasting time, when with a few required pics would settle it all, whether I am Interested in taking the next leap or not.  just my opine. but being a Senior Life Member, that's not to much to ask.

that's all I have to input,

Good Luck with your Sale

12 hours ago, AHa said:

image.png.e6516effbf9f1492338b2c2603c5c317.pngimage.png.03baff31b09ec21bec6da9b127507b9a.png

You guys are brutal. I hate to give in to the vitriol expressed here but here are a couple of pictures. Bodies in this condition are selling in the $5,000 dollar range. Both are solid originals and correct for the chassis.

Now that should generate some phone calls.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, thehandleman said:

Steve,

Maybe its time if your going to be a member and in the AACA there should be rules for posting stuff For Sale, like pics, phone or email or pm. condition ?  I do not have much time as I am sure many others don't either in this techno world, so the guy who is making the sale and the money it makes sense that they do there do diligence and provide at least three or four Pictures. There is no way I am calling someone who may just want to BS on the phone for hour to hour and half wasting time, when with a few required pics would settle it all, whether I am Interested in taking the next leap or not.  just my opine. but being a Senior Life Member, that's not to much to ask.

that's all I have to input,

Good Luck with your Sale

Again, we should have an option where people can post a for sale ad with NO REPLIES.

This reminds me of an ad on HCCA site for a1910 Hudson not long ago. No description, no price, so only one guy called.  Turns out it was a complete, nice, 1910 Model 20 fore-door roadster, the only complete one known to exist, and bought at a batgain price since guy was desperate to sell.   So, keep on throwing rocks and not calling.......

• Like 9

If you had the option of no replies though people wouldn't get on the poster to add photos and a price , etc.  so it would never get dopne,  the car would get buried and disappear.  Actually the comments help keep the car up top.  Yeah they aren't always beneficial but I would bet often they might help sell a car ,  especially one that some one like myself,  not well versed in pre 30's cars, can learn why this is the car I should buy. 

If members versed in a certain type of car,  start saying wow that's a screaming bargain,  it will help push that person like myself into buying it as I know I won't be able to find another like it, especially in that price range. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 4

They have been for sale for a little while now advertised in other websites and also advertised in the same manner. One basket case can be a hard sell but 2 together I would think is much harder finding that very ambitious person.

I have talked to Bryce on the phone. He did restorations and management for a large and very upscale collection in the St. George, Utah area, right on a major interstate highway. Xander here on the forums bought a Packard from the David Lundberg collection a few years ago, IIRC. Bryce did a body-off-frame restoration of a '21 Peerless Model 56 Touring car for Mr. Lundberg in 2002: the photos show it to be the finest '21 Peerless in the world(i will try to enclose a link). It was up for auction and discussed here less than 3 years ago. Pictures of that car and a list of other vehicles from the collection that have been put up for sale may give you an idea of where these early Buicks came from, unassembled as they may be. 

• '27 Dodge Roadster
  • '29 Lincoln Model L 7-P Sport Touring Car(V-8)
  • '37 Pierce-Arrow Series 1703 Opera Limousine, 147" w.b. (V-12)
  • '38 Lincoln Model K 7-P Limousine (V-12)
  • '40 Diamond T Truck
  • two '47 Oldsmobiles (1 Club Coupe, 1 Convertible)(Straight 8s)
  •  all 8 vehicles looked to be in excellent condition, 1 of them did a 4,600-mile Great Race 15 or 20 years ago, don't know if they sold or not 

https://www.proxibid.com/Collector-Cars/Antique-Cars/1921-Peerless-Model-56-7-passenger-Touring/lotInformation/32199627

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

You are right mercer09  1912 had the internal hand brake and gears,  1911 had external hand brake and gears. You can see the cut out in the door for the internal hand brake.  I was talking to Bryce,  and he was saying it is the 100 inch wheel base chassis/frame.  Not sure how the longer 1912 body which normaly goes on a 108 inch chassis  would go on the shorter chassis.

IMG_5617.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

These projects are still available to interested parties. There have been lots of negotiations but no buyers yet. Bryce is prepared to separate the projects to facilitate sales. These Buicks are great and strong runners. They have the multiple disc clutch that runs in oil. This makes the car easy to shift.

Obviously the roadster body he has is not early 1911 Buick and Bryce has stated that fact. It may be late 11 McLaughlin but no definitive answer has been found. Nevertheless the body appears to fit the frame and the price of the car reflects this anomaly. Buy it and build your own body. Don't let the roadster body keep you from seeing the value. These cars are rated right at 30 hp. With the 4x4 overhead valve motor, they perform remarkably well for 30 horses.

This is an example of a 1912 Model 36 102" WB (101 3/4" WB). The very original and unmolested car was  donated to the AACA museum and is presently on display there. It does have the wrap around cowl but the windshield mounts to the firewall on the 1912. The "Buick Brown" was an optional color for this car. Note that this model still has the outside mounted controls and round gas tank.

20190729_121706.thumb.jpg.ed9dc5cf6e7cbcd2034f08c5216b24dc.jpg

The roadster body in question has the windshield mounted toward the rear of the wrap around cowl as shown on 1913 models.

DSCF7464.thumb.JPG.cc61463dddb16ce18beaf192886a5761.JPG

1912 Model 34 with oval gas tank. Shorter WB.

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)