Post a picture...

nick8086

This past week I drove from Sacramento to Salt Lake City.  When I passed through Elko, Nevada I stopped at a friends home, the first time I had been to his house, he was not home, however, found this International flatbed truck sitting out behind his house.   I did not know he had the truck and noticed it apparently was used by a building company in Elko at some time in the past.  I don't know what the 1920s sedan body came from that is sitting on the back of the International flatbed.  

IMG_1578[1].JPG

IMG_1581[1].JPG

IMG_1579[1].JPG

IMG_1583[1].JPG

Edited by Mark Huston
Added picture (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Mark Huston said:

This past week I drove from Sacramento to Salt Lake City.  When I passed through Elko, Nevada I stopped at a friends home, the first time I had been to his house, he was not home, however, found this International flatbed truck sitting out behind his house.   I did not know he had the truck and noticed it apparently was used by a building company in Elko at some time in the past.  I don't know what the 1920s sedan body came from that is sitting on the back of the International flatbed.  

IMG_1578[1].JPG

IMG_1581[1].JPG

IMG_1579[1].JPG

IMG_1583[1].JPG

Snow and no rust.  That's just not fair.  Obviously not the North east.  That sedan body wouldn't exist and that IH would have been patched so many times to look like it does or else crumbled down to the earth and ready to collapse if moved. 

45 minutes ago, 1940TORPEDO said:

'40 - '41 Lincoln I believe

I think you're right.  I believe this picture is of a 1941 Lincoln:

116049_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

I could be wrong, of course.

Greg LaR, do you know what year model that's the subject of your photo?  Except for the tail lights, it looks really close.

Cheers,

Grog

I found this 66 Biscayne in New Mexico in 07 and had to have it. The fender markings were gone but the original motor that we got running was still in it. Now restored and running the roads in Nova Scotia with a new owner.  

2007-05-06 2013-03-17 001 010.jpg

This poor thing has been on CL for at least a year and probably longer.

It happened to be for sale across from me at the Portland swap meet.

The guy must not want to sell it as he is holding out for a buyer that appreciates it.

Claims only rust is the floors (which are gone), but there is much more than that.

The old guys nephew or whoever that brought it offered it to me for a bit less but not much.

I commented that he just hauled it a few hundred miles and paid for his space just for the fun of it.

https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/6076875435.html

This is one of many true barn finds I found personally. As in, my father forgot he had them, I didn't know he had them, and I found them when I came to check up on him. This particular one was in a building I didn't find out he owned until weeks after I found out about the first building. I also eventually found a brand new in a box top and side curtains plus really nice interior seats. The body is in nice condition. He redid the engine and started a restoration in the late 70's or early 80's, shipped it to Texas when he moved and it's been sitting since. 

1948 Willy's Jeepster

File_000 (2) (1).jpeg

File_000 (3) (1).jpeg

IMG_0098 (1).JPG

Those of you who know me know this story, but I'll tell it again.  About 10 years ago, a fellow I worked with came up to me and said hey, did you see the two Pierce Arrows for sale in the local sell/trade magazine?  Nope, but I quickly looked it up, called the fellow, an hour away from me.  Drove off Interstate on to a State Highway, then to a secondary road, then an improved gravel road, then a dirt road, and at the very end of the dirt road saw the front of the Pierce sticking out the shed.

It had been parked there in 1952.  It was a 1936 eight Club Sedan.  There was another one in the field behind the farmer's house, too far gone but I had to buy it too.  It was a 1934 836.  The 1934 was sold to a company in Argentina who repurposes such cars into race cars.

The 1936,  jacked the car up, got the wheels off, cleaned them and painted,and new tires to be able to drag out of the shed.  A friend and his father took the car, and within a week had it running and driving nice as you please.  Only thing I'd do different is probably buy blackwalls for it!

I drove it on to the Hershey flea market, with one woman commenting "wow, that sure doesn't LOOK like it should run".....and sold it.  It changed hands a couple of times, and now resides in a friend's garage in Louisiana.

Best shed find for me!

36 pierce in shed front.jpg

36 pierce front quarter.jpg

Front 34 pierce 836a .jpg

• Like 1