favorite vehicle?

What is your favorite overall vehicle?

Mine: Caprice Classic

1) available in coupe, sedan & wagon

2) rear-wheel-drive-only nameplate

3) great road trip car

In a close 2nd place tie: Ford LTD/Crown Victoria, Buick Roadmaster & El Camino lines!

3 generations of CC: 1973, 1989 & 1991:

http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/12/automotive-daily-84/

My 1979 & 1989 CCs:

89CC_79CC_whichSeason.jpg

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"I'm out of my pain" __ Beth Hart __ 'LA Song'

I would split pre and postwar, postwar is easier for me - Mercedes Benz 300 SL Roadster.

Prewar - lots of options, but I guess a Duesenberg SSJ would be right up there. Most any clean prewar Packard...

Favorite all time though, would have to be the Stutz Bearcat.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

I drive Roadmaster wagons every day!!! I hope the one I'm driving now lasts as long as I will.

In the summer I drive my 40 Super convert ,when the weather is good.

I give you credit, my 92 Roadmaster wagon was just a bad car, from day 45 on looked GREAT! Bought it new even paid over sticker for it but it was in and out of the dealerhip with transmission problems for the entire warranty (factory GM and extended GM) and then two more transmissions afterwards. With scattered A/C problem in between! The few times it did not give me problems it rode nice and smooth, but far from my all time top 25 of cars I owned. However it was one of the best looking cars I ever owned.

John

I bought my 92 wagon in 2003 with 50,000 miles on it . I drove it until 2010 ,and then found a 96 wagon with 60,000 on it. The 92 needed tires , so I put it in the barn and used the 96. In 2014 ,I got hit in the rear by a Jeep and sold the 96 .

I pulled out the 92 and put tires and and a battery in, and started using it

It pulls 19-20 MPG normal driving ,and 25-26 on the highway. and is just a great Car !!! I have had NO problems with it and hope it runs "forever"

John

I bought my 92 wagon in 2003 with 50,000 miles on it . I drove it until 2010 ,and then found a 96 wagon with 60,000 on it. The 92 needed tires , so I put it in the barn and used the 96. In 2014 ,I got hit in the rear by a Jeep and sold the 96 .

I pulled out the 92 and put tires and and a battery in, and started using it

It pulls 19-20 MPG normal driving ,and 25-26 on the highway. and is just a great Car !!! I have had NO problems with it and hope it runs "forever"

I hope it does or you! Hopefully I bought the lemon and I wish you the best of luck with yours! One thing to remember If your cruise control stops working look at the electrical contacts in the rear window for the 3 Brake Lite, or even the bulb itself, that might have saved you a few hundred bucks in parts. Really all the best with it, everytime I see a sliver blue one it brings back memories or my wife and young family of three sons. Every so often I see a sliver blue one for sale and my wife and I toy about getting it for old time sake. Prior to the Buick I left the general and bought a ford wagan. 87 LTD wagon.

Guest AlCapone

My 2014 Cadillac SRX is the nicest car I ever drove. The car I enjoy the most is a 1929 Model A Ford Cabriolet. I have a rather large collection of pre war vehicles but I am still in awe of the 1930 era cars. Wayne

After 10 years, the 2005 Silverado 5.3 is going to be a tough vehicle to replace. I will probably replace it with a Cop Tahoe if I find a new one. That's the pragmatic choice.

After riding my bicycle up to see the new Riviera's introduction, I bought a 1964 when I was 30, still got it, still like it best.

Bernie

Guest BillP

post-30966-143143069204_thumb.jpg

I had thes two for fifteen or twenty years. It was fun to look at the two together and realize that only 3 years separated them.

post-30966-143143069201_thumb.jpg

My 2014 Cadillac SRX is the nicest car I ever drove. Wayne

Wayne I agree with your feeling on the new Cadillacs, I own a 2014 CTS and it is pretty sweet, It is the nicest car I ever owned/drove. My only complaint is that it is not that easy for ME to get in and out of, seems like it was designed for the pre arthritis mid-40 age group, no longer a fat old man car. I am even thinking of trading it in for a 2015 SRX ( I know I am going to get killed on the trade in) I went to the NY Auto Show last week with my sons and sat in the SRX and I have to admit SRX was much easier to get in and out of with the higher (not too high) front seat. So much for a Cadillac being the perfect car for a fat old man.

I also liked the Buick Enclave Tuscany Edition that is coming out in the early fall late summer, now I have the problem of convincing my wife to go from a Cadillac to a Buick. Nothing against Buick's but to her it is like a step down.

I think GM has really reinvented itself from that lull they had in the late 70's through the 80's and into the early 90's

Guest Skyking

I'm retiring my 2000 Buick Century to my home in Florida. What a great car it's been! I bought it used in 2003 with 52,000 miles on it. It now has 131,000 miles on it and we felt it was time to buy a brand new car after 26 years. I wish Buick still made the Century (big mistake on their part). The Lacrosse is nice but I didn't want to get into the $30's and forget the Verano, too small. We settled on a new Chevy Equinox. Great car for the money.

Guest AlCapone
Wayne I agree with your feeling on the new Cadillacs, I own a 2014 CTS and it is pretty sweet, It is the nicest car I ever owned/drove. My only complaint is that it is not that easy for ME to get in and out of, seems like it was designed for the pre arthritis mid-40 age group, no longer a fat old man car. I am even thinking of trading it in for a 2015 SRX ( I know I am going to get killed on the trade in) I went to the NY Auto Show last week with my sons and sat in the SRX and I have to admit SRX was much easier to get in and out of with the higher (not too high) front seat. So much for a Cadillac being the perfect car for a fat old man.

I also liked the Buick Enclave Tuscany Edition that is coming out in the early fall late summer, now I have the problem of convincing my wife to go from a Cadillac to a Buick. Nothing against Buick's but to her it is like a step down.

I think GM has really reinvented itself from that lull they had in the late 70's through the 80's and into the early 90's

John. My SRX has 3 seat controls that will allow me to lower the seat about 5 inches. I have a serious back injury and need all the help I can get.

Wayne

What is your favorite overall vehicle?

Key word is "overall". I have to agree with 60Flattop, my 5.3 GMC Yukon SLT is the Cadallic of SUV''s. It will get 20 MPH in the highway when not towing an 13-14 when towing my other favorite old car on an aluminum trailer.

The Yukon is comfortable and quiet and safe. Ours now has 150,000 miles and should easily go 300,000!

As far as an antique car the 1934 Ford Phaeton is almost as good as the Yukon. I might point out the I've had more than 100 cars and these two were the best except maybe my Porsche Speedster, our 66 VW Bug, or a few others.....................ah, the memories.

Guest sebastien buick

all American cars :) (Buick, dodge, ford, chevrolet, mercury, plymouth, cadillac, oldsmobile, lincoln, ...), a Renault 5 Turbo 2 and many other too :)

Overall, well that really makes it limited. I love the cars, classic/antique/exotic we all love, but if it has to be overall, I'd have to go with something more capable, yet comfortable and powerful. A 2500 Chevrolet Avalanche. 8.1 Litres of power, 4 doors, you name it. Can do it all without spending time looking for a gas station that sells diesel. I have never considered MPG as a factor when considering vehicles.

In terms of only cars, I'd have to split that up between 2 seaters and sedans. It's hard to beat a Ferrari Enzo. I love them all. In terms of practicality, Corvettes are hard to beat.

Sedans-most any pre-war Packard (My Grandfather always raved about Packards, and the mystique of the Packard plant intrigues me).

One of my favorite cars that I have owned would be a 67 Cadillac. It was not fancy by Caddy standards, just a sky blue Sedan Deville with dark blue cloth, but had all the comforts we still like today. Roomy for the family and very reliable.