JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

I had a great weekend also. Friday I went up to Flint to help Larry Schramm put a piston back in his '15 truck and button up the underside. Saturday I drove my '52 out to Davisburg to the Michigan Antique Festival car show. Came home for about an hour then drove the old girl up to Flint to assist Larry and his friend John put Larry's newly rebuilt starter/generator, water pump, and front engine cover back on. Drove home in the dark. Love driving my car in the dark. Just something about those pale yellow dash lights really takes you back in time.

Today I drove out to the first cruise-in of the year at Baker's Restaurant in Milford. Spotted a 1931 American LaFrance firetruck with Buick engine, Buick motometer, and GMC built chassis. Hung around there for a while. On the way home stopped to fill up with ethanol free petrol and then stopped at a little roadside stand to share a custard banana split with Mrs. Shadetree. All in all a GREAT start to the driving season!! Put about 122 miles on this weekend.:cool:

post-75106-143143099346_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143143099355_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143143099364_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143143099374_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143143099383_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143143099392_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143143099398_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143143099408_thumb.jpg

Drove my '39 to our annual club auto show, about 180 cars, the Buick placed second behind a model "A" Ford in '49 and older original class.

We had 19 Foreign cars including a Lamborghini, McLaren, and a Ferrari

What.. You did not meet up with Dandy Dave Also??? LOL.. sure you did. Should have been a photo op... My bad... ;) Dandy Dave!

And, but of course, I was finally able to meet up with our Dandy Dave! It was very nice to finally meet your acquaintance! I really enjoyed the little bit of conversation we had and look forward to the next time. I really believe we could swap stories for hours.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest my3buicks

I drove the Reatta a whooping 18 miles today, bumped it to 7,650. I took it for a photoshoot, even had the top down on the way home woohoo

Nice Shadetree.. So when is the Brass era Buick being Adopted??? ;) Dandy Dave!

Dave, if only! Brass era cars are a little out of my league right now if you know what I'm sayin'. I love to look at them, love to ride in them, and love to work on them. Someday I'll own one....or two....or six. :cool: That is, unless you've got a neglected orphan sitting around you want to put up for "adoption". Lol. Free to a good home? :P

Dave, if only! Brass era cars are a little out of my league right now if you know what I'm sayin'. I love to look at them, love to ride in them, and love to work on them. Someday I'll own one....or two....or six. :cool: That is, unless you've got a neglected orphan sitting around you want to put up for "adoption". Lol. Free to a good home? :P

Not at the moment. But if something comes along, I'll sure keep you in mind. You never know what lands around this place, often only by Association. I probably have more in my 100 + year parts cars then you have all totaled in your 53, so I understand totally. Someday the time will be right, and the car will be right. I was about 44 when I adopted the Chartreuse Lady. Was not sure I could swing it then, but I did and have never regretted it. Dandy Dave!

As Dave knows, in my case it is not for my lack of trying to get a brass/nickel era car. I keep offering and the owners keep laughing. Still waiting to hear if there is any consideration to my offer for the local 1915 C-36.

post-79073-143143102325_thumb.jpg

The 1910 model 10 runabout I made an offer on last fall is I believe still not sold.

I hope the 1914 C-37 we tried to deal on 3 years ago went to a good home.... I had better stop, as I am beginning to depress myself!!

post-79073-143143102314_thumb.jpg

post-79073-14314310232_thumb.jpg

104 tonight in the Electra.  Took in the first Hemmings Cruise In of the season. 

I can finally contribute to this thread!  Last weekend, I picked up my 60 from the upholstery shop after 6 months there.  I had such grand plans for this thing before Springfield, but I guess I will make the trip with flapping fenders and all :)

• Like 1

just got back from having coffee with car guys in a town 8 miles away. I took the convertible, top down. I have put about 175 miles on it in the last two weeks.

I had to put new nylon window rollers in the right quarter window last year (look at pics of '86 Park ave 2 doors and think about that one). I found a quarter and a nickle under the rear seat. They were sitting on the front floor hump with the top down. I'm waiting to see someone reach in there and make it a nickel error car.

Bernie

Just got back from a local 24 mile shake-down run in my 13 Touring car...  It ran good, but I could tell it needs some neatsfoot oil on the clutch and the plugs could use some cleaning.  I had to drive through town & there are always too many stop lights and stop signs.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It was a lovely evening here in Toronto, so me. my wife, and my son went for about a 20 mile drive in the '41 Roadmaster.

Keith

Garage door opener not even a year old, so one Buick out of the garage troubleshoot opener, says call service tech so in the morning, Buick back in the garage!

Had a great Baptismal party for our six month old Grandson. And tonite i took the GS out for a cruise around the 18 mile loop. Its an awesome evening

Had a great Baptismal party for our six month old Grandson. And tonite i took the GS out for a cruise around the 18 mile loop. Its an awesome evening

Congratulations on the grandson --- and the 18 mile loop !

I put over 500 miles on the 66 Skylark this past week.  Took it down to Ocean City MD for their spring cruise week.  This event draws everything from a few antiques and classics to jacked up trucks and ratrods, and is heavy on the muscle cars, both stock and modified.   As you might expect, not a lot Buick's were there.  

post-76005-0-99453800-1431956708_thumb.j

We were out last evening for a dinner cruise with friends and their cars, with two of Eric & Karen Bernard's beautiful '59 Buicks joining our '59 for the event.  And BCA friend, Sig Larsen, joined us with his '66 Riviera.

17180429594_6d041ccc04_b.jpg

17180601984_b75e91afdb_b.jpg

17616936309_616640bbb6_b.jpg

17616720829_30223b1f44_b.jpg

• Like 2

Took the car out for the shake down run 220 miles for a show in Wisconsin Dells

Run excellent and took Custom Car of the year at show.post-78146-0-97957600-1432049429_thumb.j

• Like 3