I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Buick registered on Swanee County, Fl. FHP to Protect & Serve ... except the Troopers own life by exposing that cross-over drawn revolver easy for a criminal to retrieve in a close encounter. I guess nobody had the nerves to do that to the law back then

6A4C85EB-E783-4A24-99F1-DE08E824AFE1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/7/2018 at 8:57 AM, Elpad said:

C6B4D83A-1D56-49E4-9B24-D348F0B1000B.jpeg

77E37BC6-C804-4A30-95CC-F4FC953B5BE0.jpeg

More ? doors!

A40D579A-6EC6-4C96-AC96-9B493ED0DD3D.jpeg

i had 2 of these limo's for my wedding in 1983! i know that these are usually used as funeral cars, but my wife wanted modern limo's and i wanted Buicks, so it worked for us and has been for 35+ years. i know this has been talked about elsewhere but having a wife who enjoys the hobby helps out so much and i know how lucky i am. Seeing these pics bring back some great memories, Thanks

Edited by MRJBUICK (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Those Mercury's introduced Heritage Burgundy in its color lineup. I fell in love with the color, not the Merc's. I couldn't wait to get a coat of that burgundy on a Buick.

002.jpg.fe551e1b1fd6a68a5b268ac02cb14f1c.jpg

1972 when a 4 year old Riviera cost about $1600. And, if it was brown, and you whacked the side of a one lane bridge, 300 more made it red.

Bernie

On 4/7/2018 at 8:33 AM, JohnD1956 said:

Quite the trip Marty!  You must have pics of the Caddy along the Pacific Coast Highway?  Would love to see em!

Thanks John, but unfortunately our camera malfunctioned and lost almost all of the photos. We have just a few cell phone pics along the way, but really loved driving the PCH as well as the Columbia River Gorge.

yOU CAN SEE mUSCLE bEACH AND THE sANTA mONICA pIER IN THE BACKGROUND (Oops - sorry for the Caps lock) in the Numbered pics.

The photo in the mountains was en route during the AACA Region-sponsored Sonora/Yosemite week-long tour

1954 Caddy at Santa Monica 2.JPG

1954 Caddy at Santa Monica 1.JPG

1954 Caddy - Western Tour 2017.jpg

1954 Caddy at Santa Monica 3.JPG

30 Pound Gold Nugget.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, Stooge said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but '40 roadmaster? According to where I found it, this was taken in 1942  on US Highway 40 in Mount Vernon Canyon, Colorado. I think I found my new desktop background!

1942.thumb.jpg.74fb4346990d50f88a76c2a07e379bbf.jpg

In my heart of hearts I want this to be a Roadmaster, too.  It is definately the C platform, but without a better view of the forward portion of the car there is a 50/50 chance we have a Super in this photo.  

Just did a coin toss; now confirming it is a Roadmaster and it is making its way to my screen saver as well.  Thanls for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

When driving Ruby , we often imagine this scene,would love to have done it .

No pictures to prove it (guess too busy to snap one...;)) but even as late as 1978 or 79 we had Drive-In Movies here and the Special made more than a few.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Machine Gun said:

We still have one about 15 minutes from my house: http://www.warwickdrivein.com/

That is so cool! B)

It reminds me of the Four Plex we had here. There was always one movie that was rated R that while the sound was not clear, still got your attention if the one you paid for was kinda slow...

Being an almost 10 hour drive for me, might be awhile before I can take it in but... surely would if I ever get there!