LOOK WHO'S COMING TO BREAKFAST in Shalotte

MrEarl

The official Who's Coming to Breakfast in Charlotte thread.

A word from our President...

"Doing it in the Atrium where everyone has breakfast. We need to get a little PR for the forum and let everyone see what a good time we have and how we are all friend because of the forum. The way everyone carries on and has such a great time will surely attract a crowd and will help to let people know what the forum is. The hotel will reserve some tables and any forum member who is not a hotel guest can of course sit with the group and participate and if they want to eat breakfast their too, a voucher for breakfast can be purchased at the front desk for $15ea.

Breakfast at the hotel is full hot buffet breakfast with cook to order omelets."

Brian

While reservations aren't needed, I think it would still be good to have a head count and know who's going to be there. As Brian stated it will be at the host hotel (Embassy Suites) in the Atrium on Friday morning beginning at 7:00 AM

Try and be there FRIDAY MORNING promptly at 7:00 AM because there are tours and other meetings starting at 8:00.

We will again have a gift swap, if you want to participate bring a gift but it's not required. All that's required is to show up with an appetite for food, fun and good ol' BCAFer's camaraderie.

And, as always, the annual BUICKMAN award(s) will be presented.

So let us hear who's coming.

Here are some pictures of the shenanigans that went on last year. (Note to self...time to buy new camera)

post-31987-143138958665_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138958681_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138958698_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138958713_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138958729_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138958745_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I will be there.

Lamar,

do you think we need to provide some guidelines (rules?) for the "exchange" for those attending for the first time?

John

OK, rule # 1 - The gift can't cost more than a GOOD bottle of wine nor less than a can of SPAM.

Other than that, the gifts are put in a pile, we go around the room and people either steal a gift from some one who has already got one or they take from the pile. Simple as that.

And maybe we'll play Buickman cards again. :D

I will be there! My grandfather will be joining me. not a member of the forum, but you guys will enjoy his presence I'm sure :)

So put me down for two on the head count list.

P.S.

Is the hotel breakfast expen$ive? I've been to some places where they charge you about $18/head for a mediocre buffet, and coffee and condiments cost extra :eek:

I'm hoping this hotel (sound like it is) is reasonable on price and good with food.

Edited by NCReatta (see edit history)

Is the hotel breakfast expen$ive? I've been to some places where they charge you about $18/head for a mediocre buffet, and coffee and condiments cost extra :eek:

I'm hoping this hotel (sound like it is) is reasonable on price and good with food.

Marck,

You have a reservation at the host hotel, so assuming you will in fact be staying there as a guest, breakfast is free for you and your guest.

Anyone who is not staying in the host hotel as a guest who wants breakfast at the host hotel it is $15 per person. You have to buy a voucher at the front desk.

Oh and I have had their buffet, it is not mediocre...it's not caviar and lobster, but it's tasty!!

Edited by 38Buick 80C
spelling (see edit history)

Marck,

You have a reservation at the host hotel, so assuming you will in fact be staying their as a guest, breakfast is free for you and your guest.

Anyone who is not staying in the host hotel as a guest who wants breakfast at the host hotel it is $15 per person. You have to buy a voucher at the front desk.

Oh and I have had their buffet, it is not mediocre...it's not caviar and lobster, but it's tasty!!

Awesome!! Thanks for the info Brian. I'm looking forward to it! :D

I'll be there with toes on my bells. Mr. early only rule I can remember for the newbies if they want to be involved in the swap all they have to do is to bring a gift no more than $10 even a re-gift will do. It is a lot of fun I've enjoyed it for years and I'm sure they will.

Frank

have a great Buick day.

I'll be there with toes on my bells. Mr. early only rule I can remember for the newbies if they want to be involved in the swap all they have to do is to bring a gift no more than $10 even a re-gift will do. It is a lot of fun I've enjoyed it for years and I'm sure they will.

Frank

have a great Buick day.

well, I had said "no less than a can of Spam and no more than than a good bottle of wine" so uhhh, let's not limit the quality of wine to 10 bucks, OK? :D I forget how many times that bottle of wine got stolen last year. I know I had it once.

Guest 4 bufords

if my doctor and my daughters say i can come,i'll be there.my broken leg is healing nicely,no reason i can drive,4 bufords from ct

Guest wildcat465

I will stop by if you guys will have me.

Bill, I have adequate supply of ibuprofen on me at all times. I am not sure why :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
if my doctor and my daughters say i can come,i'll be there.my broken leg is healing nicely,no reason i can drive,4 bufords from ct

just received an email from Don. :(

hi lamar,got bad news today,doctor told me i will not be able to drive until after i see him in july whic means charlotte is out.really bummed out right nowwas looking forward to seeing all my bca family members.told me i couldn't stop the car/truck safely.maybe next week,i'll try to test my leg on my truck brake pedal.my boss daughter will be in vegas,the older daughter isn't so strict.gotta go lamar,take care,don

I'm sure the doctor knows what's best Don, so better listen to him. But we'll miss ya!!!!

Again, I regret to say that I will not be there. I take solace in the fact that I was one of the organizers in the very first Forum Breakfast Meeting. Have fun, be safe, and may everybody win awards at the Nationals and have a great time with the Yankee Swap.

Stevo

Guest Hector

I'll be working the outdoors swapmeet and I know that Brian will want us there early,I will try to sneak in some time to at least put some faces to the names.I'm looking forward to meeting Roberta,hope that she can make it and maybe bring one of her fast cars.