LOOK WHO'S COMING TO BREAKFAST in Shalotte

MrEarl

....note to self, be LAST

Actually to be fair, I think the first person to receive a gift from the pile. since they did not have a chance to steal from someone else, will be allowed to swap his/her gift. :confused: But don't count on me to remember that:)

Guest Mike Hanning

Helena and I will be there. Chuck Kerls needs help to get into trouble and I'm sure I can help!

Mike Hanning, Christchurch.

New Zealand BCA #40630

Helena and I will be there. Chuck Kerls needs help to get into trouble and I'm sure I can help!

Mike Hanning, Christchurch.

New Zealand BCA #40630

Mike glad you can make it. I really need all the help I can get, but I heard the jail if full. We will have Marck as the DD driver for the night before.

Travel safe

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Guest wildcat465
If we can put 17 people in a VW skys the limit what we can do with a Reatta vert. Just need to be creative

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Is 17 the current record? Hmmm, there's an orange Beetle just down the street from work.:eek:

Too bad I don't have 18 friends.:mad:

I call NOT under Stoneberg!

:D

Ya'all havent met me I figure.......

Might want to make sure I'm first in for that endeavor.

I quote Lamar's first comment when he saw my unloading pic of my Roadmaster....

"Good thing you got a LARGE body Buick!"

Bahhh...no problem, at least I'm drought and famine resistant.

OK, I finally figerd out how to count past 21. And I stopped by the hotel to check out the breakfast dining area of the Atrium last weekend end on my way to Winston Salem. Brian tells me we will have 3 tables seating 10 people each so it should get real cozy seating the 35 people already signed up. And I too call "not under Bill Stoneburger". That 35 is only counting ones who have posted and told whether or not friends or spouses will accompany them (plus a few I know will be there but not signed up yet) . So let us know if you're coming AND if you're bringing anyone along. I'm sure we can commandeer another table or two.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

just received an email from Don. :(

hi lamar,got bad news today,doctor told me i will not be able to drive until after i see him in july whic means charlotte is out.really bummed out right nowwas looking forward to seeing all my bca family members.told me i couldn't stop the car/truck safely.maybe next week,i'll try to test my leg on my truck brake pedal.my boss daughter will be in vegas,the older daughter isn't so strict.gotta go lamar,take care,don

I'm sure the doctor knows what's best Don, so better listen to him. But we'll miss ya!!!!

We will be picking Don up at the Charlotte airport Thursday at 3:00 so HE WILL BE THERE!! YEEAAAAA:)

As there are a lot of newcomers to the BCA Forumers Breakfast this year perhaps a little formal summary of the very informal happenings that will be taking place would be appropriate.

Where: Ground floor of The Embassy Suite, in "The Atrium" Can't miss it. As you walk in the front doors, look a little to the left and behind the big fountain. Tha's where they serve morning breakfast, buffet style.

When: FRIDAY MORNING @ 7:00 o'clock SHARP. Some folks have meetings to go to so get there, grab a plate, serve yourself and the festivities will begin. With this many folks tradin gifts. this could take a while.

How much does breakfast cost: If you're staying at the hotel, it's free. If not you're suppose to buy a voucher at the front desk for $15 per person. Or bring SPAM pie.

What's the Yankee Swap all about? Actually this year the theme is going to be "The Rebel Chicken Thief Swap". Here's how it will go. Anyone wishing to participate in the Rebel Chicken Thief Swap should bring a gift. Wrapped or in a bag will be fine. The gift may be a gift you received from a previous year, a gag gift, something you grabbed off the coffee table as you walked out the door or something nice that you wouldn't mind receiving yourself. Most gifts are Buick or auto related. This years gift value has been set at no more than a decent bottle of wine and no less than a can of Spam. It may be wrapped or just in a bag. All gifts are placed on a table. The order in which gifts will be received will be handled like this. Two decks of "special" cards will be used. As participants bring in a gift, they will be given a card. When the gifting starts, the second deck will be used to flip cards to see who has a matching card. That person goes to the table and chooses a gift. Before unwrapping this gift, he chooses whether to open his gift or "steal" a previously opened gift from someone. If a person has his gift stolen, he also has the option of choosing a wrapped gift or stealing an unwrapped one. When a wrapped gift is opened, the turn ends. When all gifts have been unwrapped, the game ends EXCEPT that the first person to receive a gift has the opportunity to steal anothers gift. The goal of the game is to have fun and to entertain, rather than to gain.

There will also be some door prizes given out. Again by matching cards. Anyone wishing to bring door prizes please do so. Hopefully there will be lots of picture taking and videos being made to show all the folks that didn't come what they missed.

Edit) A gift can be "stolen" no more than 4 times, otherwise this thing could go on all day.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

glad to see you and ed are coming down john,4 bufords from ct

I'm glad you were able to get there too Don. We'll be looking for you in and around the Meet.

I'll be looking for a ticket to the Steele Tour, and the Heritage Alliance BBQ, plus the banquet.

Guest wildcat62
I'm glad you were able to get there too Don. We'll be looking for you in and around the Meet.

I'll be looking for a ticket to the Steele Tour, and the Heritage Alliance BBQ, plus the banquet.

John, our local chapter director registered for the meet but cannot attend because of surgery. I offered to pickup his goodie bag and registration for him. He said he has a banquet ticket and possibly a bbq ticket so let's talk at the meet. I'm sure we can work something out for him and you. :)

Got Skype? We could do a video conference, maybe, if you would be around on Friday Morning???I've never done it, but my laptop has a camera, and I'll have my camera and Crackberry, we ought to have a techno guru, that can make it happen, even if it's me, want to try it out, let me know!! LOL!!