Who's going to Hershey 2009!!

ex98thdrill

With this in mind, I was wondering who is coming to Hershey.

Are you bringing a car??

Are you occupying a flea market space?

Are you judging?

Are you just coming to look?

- we're pulling out Tuesday, we may even leave on Monday. We'll be looking for parts Tuesday through Friday, I'll be judging on Saturday, and our King Cobra will be going for a 1st Preservation Award. This will probably be the last time the car will be at a National Meet for a couple of years. If we don't have one of our projects done, we'll probably bring the pickup or the woodie out and try to build more Preservation Awards for them.

So what are your plans??

Bill and I will arrive on Tuesday and start walking the flea market fields on Wednesday and finish sometime Friday. We plan to judge on Saturday. Our friend Rodger Woodrum will come up either Wednesday or Thursday and walk the flea market and also judge on Saturday. He stays with us in our RV.

I'll be arriving on Tuesday to help my friend set up his Model A Ford parts site and staying the rest of the week. When needed, I take care of his stand but spend most of the time walking and looking around the field....

and socializing with all my AACA friends!

>> Are you bringing a car??

Bring'n to sell... a 1955 Dodge Truck; Runs great down hill, Oil changed every 3rd leap year, Odometer reads 59,000 may be 459,000 not sure, 2-60 Air Conditioning, 4 Quad Stereo with speakers from the Moonlight Drive-In.

Bring'n for folks to gauk at... a 1966 Ford C-700 vintage race car hauler weigh'n in at about 13,000 lbs and boasting a lovely 8 mpg. Stop in and see my helpers Sandy and Smokey. Sandy is a rather fine mannequin I recently bought up at the Hershey Parts auction this past spring... a souvenir photo with her alone is worth the trip over to the blue field.

Are you occupying a flea market space?

I'm in the Blue Field along the road. And... I'm bring'n tons of stuff and let'n it go to the best offer. Shucks, I bring tons of stuff every year and if 'ya don't make it over to the Blue field you are really miss'n all the bargains us new guys bring to the big show.

Are you judging?

Nope but I am cooking. I usually end up cook'n for half my row...!

Are you just coming to look?

Look? By golly I "look" every where I go and travel on this planet... ya never know when you might spot a old shed possibly full of great stuff...!

Guest John W. Harvey

Cindy and I will be there!

Are you bringing a car?........... Yes, our 74 Monte Carlo

Are you occupying a flea market space?........... Only when I'm looking to buy!

Are you judging?.......... Yes, both of us will be judging

Are you just coming to look?............. I'm allowed to look.... I just can't touch!

John cool.gif

Ive only missed a couple since 1969 due to being stationed overseas with the USN. Im up in the top of the White Field just before you cross over into the Blue - WF 7&8 - we got grass instead of that old hard hot blacktop - and we can get some mud to wiggle your toes in if it rains - just like the good old days. And I got some brass stuff to look at too - and if you bring some good old antique spark plugs along you can probably get a good swap for them - heck might even throw in a cool-one. I'll be there when I'm open, when I'm not open I won't be. I got some meetings to go to, and some AACA business to do, and some friends to see along the way. When I'm shoppin I'll probably not be around, but when I get tired and broke, I'll go sit and sell some more stuff so I can close up a while and buy some more. The object is to break even and go home with nothing but some neat old stuff and a bunch of great memories. So far over the years, I've been extremely successful!

See you there !

Terry

Will be there Thursday, Friday and of course Saturday.

Have friends from New Jersey staying with us next week. Wife decides we need a new mattress and box springs for the guest bedroom. Of course it is all but impossible to get up the steps in a 1947 house. Done, now stairway needs painted.

Spending has already begun. Girls only going to Hershey Saturday, worth new bed and paint as boys escape to Hershey! grin.gif

Guest Debby Soucia

We have three or five coming. not sure yet!!

No car, not judging but coming for the fun of looking and seeing the cars smile.gif:):):

Who knows what we will find!

Looking for Chrysler stuff!

Guest my3buicks

Looks like we are coming only Saturday this year with the Centurion, just put it in the drivers class so I can enjoy the day.

Update: Looks like we are not coming this year - first year I missed since 1979 frown.gif

Space RCC 89-90 I am arriving on Tuesday Night, Virgil will be there about Wednesday noon. We be at the space when we not out buying, which is most of Wednesday and Thursday.

Packard Restorations. 360-241-3165 Hershey week.

I still looking for 40-42 Packard AC unit that not Thousands of dollars.

Guest pitt64

I'm new to this forum and Hershey.

I've always wanted to go and this will be my first year.

My brother and I will be coming up on Friday.

We will be cruising rt.22. in a Blue 64 Pontiac Bonneville 2 door (photo).

We are 60s car guys (my brother has a 68 GTO), but we are mainly comming up to see the older cars from the 20s 30s 40s and 50s.

We are hoping for a friendly laid back atmosphere.

We are tired of sales clowns, noise makers, loud music and burn out contests.

Thank you,

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We are hoping for a friendly laid back atmosphere.

We are tired of sales clowns, noise makers, loud music and burn out contests. </div></div>

Sounds like Hershey is right up your alley. I don't ever recall seeing a clown, unless you want to call Fred Kanter a clown. grin.gif

We're packing the trucks and trailers right now for our 37th Hershey. Can't believe it's been that long...geeze. Stop by RWO 10 for a free apple and a bit of a rest. For us Hershey has become an enormous family reunion. My Son is 22 and this will be his 23rd Hershey, 100% attendance.

• 3 years later...

We'll be there Wednesday through Saturday. Hope to have record number of Milk trucks for the show. The longer the drive entering the show field the better. More time to talk with the people.

Bob and Patti Giles

Later in the year I will start my annual list of who is going and if they have a flea market space, or spaces they list them. You are welcome to add your names to the list. Right before we leave I post as condensed list in the order of the field people are in so that they can print it off and take it with them to find forum members.

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

I have not missed a Hershey since 1974, the year I was born. My father and I have a vendor space in the Chocolate field where we try to unload piles of "stuff" that resides in our barn. No cars to sell last year, although it was fun selling Dad's 1911 Franklin last year and driving it in, around, and through the flea market area.

Hi All,

The last time I missed Hershey was 1983. Chocolate Field CG32-34 and Simmons Motel since then. Even Hurricane Katrina's damage to our home, garage, and cars couldn't change that.

Guest bossmustang

I'd say since we already registered our two Mustangs and I sent in my judging confirmation, we're going to Hershey.

Jim Aberts

1970 BOSS 302 - Grand National Senior Preservation

1978 Mustang II - DPC

I'm worried.... I have not bought out any old garages or parts stores, nor have I been to many auctions buying up boxes of dusty parts There is a complete 1950's thru 1960's engine shop that I'm interested in buying and trucking around to a few swap meets.

I will have lots of chairs for everyone's tired feet in the Green Field near the start of the car corral. Plus free internet as always. Which night will be home made icecream night ???

Guest sonny
:D I hope to drive my '32 Chevrolet spt. cpe. there from Albuquerque N.M. and spend the week there just looking around. It's been 30 yrs. since I've been there.

Guest resq302

We will be there with our chally vert. Still not happy that the car show is on grass and the vendors seem to get a preferential treament and be on the pavement when they had been on the grass. Isnt the whole reason for the meet to bring and show off our cars? Why can't the vendors get the mud hole and prevent cars from sinking into the ground and getting our multi-thousand dollar cars possibly destroyed when someone has to come and yank us out of the mud.