Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trickydicky43richard

President Trump

36 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Here's a YouTube Video

Yowee! Way cool. Do you use hyd motors for slew and crawl?...................Bob

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Money does not buy happiness, but it allows you to look for it in more places.

Sure but I'd rather be unhappy with money than without😊

1 person likes this

Money is often overlooked and not recognized for its excellent lubrication qualities.

31 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Money is often overlooked and not recognized for its excellent lubrication qualities.

2 people like this

Speaking in generalities, the generation that made the fortune tends to be the workers and "real" people. OTOH successive generations that just spend it give being wealthy a bad name.

One of my fondest wishes is to never think about money.

14 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Here's a YouTube Video..

That thing reminds me of a derrick I worked on at the railroad. It had originally been  powered by steam and later converted to a diesel engine for power.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

Yowee! Way cool. Do you use hyd motors for slew and crawl?...................Bob

Yep. Walk and swing is Hydraulic. In a nutshell, The under carriage is from a Vermeer W1A trencher. Swing gear is from a McCormick-Deering Horse Drawn Corn Binder. Hoist winch is just an old builders winch. Crowd clutches are forward and reversing clutches from a Wayne road and sidewalk sweeper. Motor is a 12 HP Kohler 301 series salvaged from a Jacobson lawn mower. Lots of machining and fabricating. Dandy Dave!     

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Oh how I know. You can refer back to my garage project last year which is still pending. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Dandy Dave said:

Lots of machining and fabricating

And even a Trump can't have it. Bravo....................Bob

1 person likes this

I once sold a MODEL A FORD (!!!) to a local man who happens to be a billionaire. He played around with the car for a couple of years then parked it. Subsequently he sold it back to me for less than he paid. I repaired/cleaned it up then sold it. When asked by this gent (a couple years later) if I still had the car I replied "I sold it!". He laughed and told me I am the only person who made money off him twice!

IMG_1727.JPG

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

And even a Trump can't have it. Bravo....................Bob

LOL.. Yeah. Thinking about Leaving it to the H.C.E.A. (Historic Construction Equipment Association) when I get too old to have fun with it. This way it will be on display for folks to see rather then hid in a private collection. I built it to give folks a look at what the equipment was like in the old days without having to have a Tractor and Lowboy Trailer to haul one of the full size shovels around. Even a small power shovel of 3/8 to 1/2 yard can weigh in at 10 to 15 tons. Although if they were willing to spend what it really takes to build one I would build another providing they did all the leg work to find all the parts on my list plus around $40,000. For labor. I've told a lot of folks at the shows but no one has ever decided to pull the trigger. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)