2024 AACA Annual Convention - Update

SLDMRossi

1 hour ago, 61polara said:

Glad you found us and welcome.  If you continue to enjoy the website, consider becoming a paid member to support the site as well as receiving the excellent magazine published by the club and find out about all of our other activities.  Attending the Annual Convention is a great way to introduce yourself to all the club offers.

Y'all have a magazine?!

13 minutes ago, baper.da.cow said:

Y'all have a magazine?!

Explore the AACA Home page here and see everything we offer our paid members.  The magazine is published 6 time a year.  We host around 6-8 National Shows in different locations in the US each year and offer Tours as well.  We are the largest antique automobile club in the US.  Plus, we have local regions all over the country.

• Like 2

I have belonged to AACA since 1964-65 if nothing else the magazine is worth the price of the dues alone.  Lots of reports and mention of events and who won what at car shows but also some top drawer history in articles and some period images. This is of all eras covered by AACA not just pre WWII era. Fair coverage for vehicles of all levels of interest.

The attitude at the staff at AACA HQ is outstanding, caring and well exceed their responsibility to keep all happy.

For decades I have been a officer, board member of many cars clubs, national and local, plus local and state historical societies attending events and activities in person , I am not the "arm chair member" type , but do try to contribute in some way. Helped run national tours and annual week long car events for decades. It is all good , get involved and meet the people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've been messing with old cars since the 60s. Traveled all over for 23 years courtesy of the USN and enjoyed lots of on land assignments and travel in places like Scotland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Greece England and all over the US. Managed to find car clubs wherever we went, but AACA is and always has been Numero Uno!!!  Did we mention the magazine is the best publication in the hobby?

Join the fun. See you at Chantilly?

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The last time we were at the Udvar-Hazy Center, there were 2 tours separated by about 1 hour.  One for war planes and the other for commercial.  Both were worth doing.  The 1st tour is quite crowded; the 2nd not so much so.  Which tour they do first depends on which volunteer guide shows up 1st.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm missing it, this being my first convention, but the only registration I see is for a hotel room.  One has to register for the actual convention and its activities also, correct?  Is this done when you first arrive at the convention?  If so, are the costs for the different convention activities available beforehand?   Thanks 

Edited by Kfigel (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, Kfigel said:

Maybe I'm missing it, this being my first convention, but the only registration I see is for a hotel room.  One has to register for the actual convention and its activities also, correct?  Is this done when you first arrive at the convention?  If so, are the costs for the different convention activities available beforehand?   Thanks 

You can register for the event with this form: https://files.constantcontact.com/8cca7e3a001/87091c3a-241b-4a4a-bf75-394300efe9c0.pdf 

I've no idea how you register for the seminars.

Edited by CarNucopia (see edit history)

Its not necessary to register for individual seminars.  Once you get the schedule just decide which of them you want to attend and show up at the right time and place. Your Convention ID is your "admission ticket" so be sure to wear it.  You will receive that when you check in at the AACA registration counter. Looking forward to seeing you there. 

Terry

• Like 3

On 11/19/2023 at 5:22 PM, kings32 said:

Do we have Form buttons ?

Yes, I don't know where my original button that was produced by Dave Devine is now, so I created a replica. 

Does anyone remember the Friday lunches on the upper floor of the King George pub across the street?

Still conniving to make it this year. First year was 1980.

IMG_3574[1].JPG

• Like 2

Looks like I’m doing two seminars. First is everything tires. The second is Everything Pebble Beach. How to enter and show a car. How to attend without a million dollars. Should be fun. Looks like Friday at 930 and 11 am.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

Looks like I’m doing two seminars. First is everything tires. The second is Everything Pebble Beach. How to enter and show a car. How to attend without a million dollars. Should be fun. Looks like Friday at 930 and 11 am.

If you haven't attended one of Ed's seminars it is worth your time!  Ed is very laid back and approachable...  I'll be there!  I'm fairly tall white beard and hair, but I'm a young 57!  My name is Greg.  Please step up and introduce yourselves...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I like the forum badge. I am sure I have run into a few members but without a screen name attached no idea who they are. 

Maybe we all need sports jerseys with our screen names across the back. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kings32 said:

Looks like I won;t being going . Medicaseeing you there.l things irward to Howard

Bummer. Was looking forward to seeing you there

Terry

Not going either , to many Dr. appointments to check if I am still vertical 😇 .  I plan a visit to AACA HQ in the Spring and may be able to visit with some people there.

January 17, 2024 updated seminar listing

Thank you for your patience as we worked to put together a truly great educational and entertaining seminar schedule. Please note that this schedule is subject to change and new seminars may be added between now and the convention, so be sure to pick up the final seminar schedule at the convention registration desk onsite.

• Like 1

Seminar Listing

Thank you for your patience as we worked to put together a truly great educational and entertaining seminar schedule. Please note that this schedule is subject to change and new seminars may be added between now and the convention, so be sure to pick up the final seminar schedule at the convention registration desk onsite.

A random note, I'm a local to the convention location and if you're a BBQ fan, my favorite BBQ place in all Virginia is Willards BBQ.  Home | willardsbbq (dcbbq.com)  If you find yourself without lunch plans and you like BBQ, I would HIGHLY recommend it.  Check out the menu.  It is about 1 mile or so from the convention location (The Chantilly, Virginia location, as opposed to the Reston, Virginia location).

• Like 2

I see they are also at the Reston Home Depot so at that location (not the recommended location) you might get to see the Tunnel Lady buying supplies. Local story. She posted building her tunnel on Tic Tock (whatever that is😃) and now even the Herndon building department is wondering how far she has gone, under neighbor's houses?🤣

🎄🍾☃️☃️❄️❄️🍯

• Haha 1

I saw in the newsletter that one can pay by the day. This is fantastic as it may come down to the day before if I will be able to make it. Def. planning on sat, shooting for a friday and saturday.

Just to make sure everyone's aware, our 2024 Convention continues to accelerate ahead. In fact, we've not only had to extend the Hotel Room block once...but twice! We've essentially taken over the entire, award-winning Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia.

So if you still haven't completed and submitted your Registration, please do so...ASAP. We're like 30 days away from the event so it's imperative that you get your materials in! 

Looking forward to seeing you soon...Happy New Year.

Steven Rossi

Convention Chairman

(248) 470-5788

SLDMRossi@aol.com

• Like 1

We have not stopped in making this year's convention the best ever!  Two NEW seminars will be added shortly that should be spectacular.  One is about the journey in a Model T from the Atlantic to the Pacific oceans!  The other is a visual tour of the Ford Piquette Museum and plant where many Ford models got their birth including the Model T.

For you history buffs and aircraft buffs a retired Smithsonian staff member is going to have two very different seminars for us.  Naturally, all the seminars are worth attending so pick your favorites and make good use of your time and make as many as you can.

Yes, of course, our forum favorite Mr. Minnie will be joining us for presentations! :)

Click here for a January 17, 2024 updated seminar listing!

• Like 2

REGISTERED SO FAR:

North Carolina Transportaion Museum,

Crankshaft Magazine,

Grouper Membership Benefits,

AACA Saratoga Region (2024 Eastern Spring National),

AACA Hershey Region (2024 Eastern Fall National),

AACA Library (enlarged space with more Sale items),

AACA Merchandise (enlarged space with more Sale items),

Treasured Motor Car Services,

J.C. Taylor Insurance,

Elite Cruises and Vacations,

AACA Hornet's Nest Region (Southeastern Spring National/Grand National),

Dugan's Automotive Service,

D&D Automobilia/Steering Wheel Restoration,

Restoration Specialties & Supply,

Prueitt Automotive Restoration,

KC Kool Fuel Petroliana,

AACA Buzzards Breath Region (2024 Eastern Divisional Tour),

AACA Historic Virginia Peninsula Region (2024 Special Eastern Fall Nationals),

AACA Sugarloaf Mountain Region (2024 Glidden Tour).

Steven Rossi 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone if you are attending PLEASE make the time to see and talk to the Trade Show Vendors, they will all be there to talk to you and answer your questions thus a perfect  benefit being all in one place at the same time .

• Like 2

The Greenhorn Region for AACA's Next Generation welcomes any young adult (age 20-45) attending the Annual Meeting to attend our Lunch Meeting Friday February 9th at 12:30 in the Madison Room (just off the West Lobby). We will discuss topics related to your AACA Membership and hurtles young adults experienced being an active AACA member.

We will also announce details about our Next Generation Tour being held over Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-26) in Schellsburg, PA on the Lincoln Highway. 

Pizza and beverages will be provided by the region. 

See you there!

• Like 5