Jump to content

hursst

Members
  • Content Count

    1,014
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

933 Excellent

About hursst

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Birthday 12/19/1972

Recent Profile Visitors

2,271 profile views
  1. This is not my ad. Thank you for the effort, but this ad does not reveal anything about what it actually fits, just that it is MOPAR. A step in the right direction, but does not really help to ID it.
  2. Still can't find a solution to this one. Any ideas, leads, or folks looking up part numbers in books is appreciated! Thanks!
  3. Still can't find anything about this. Want to save it from the scrap heap, I'm sure someone could use it. Anyone have any parts books they can reference? Does anyone recognize the part number font used against which company would have used it? My thoughts are MOPAR...Thanks!
  4. John, great work! I am going to steal a lot of your ideas, like the wooden fender mounts for all the panels and maybe your filter setup. Hope I can catch up to the point where you are currently before the end of the year.
  5. Today I was able to finish up the inner fender braces and hang the rear fenders, as well as the tail light plinths (Photos 1-3). I was able to primer the inner fender braces yesterday, as well as the tail light plinths. I was able to sand the plinths to just about perfect, although they need one more coat of primer because I sanded thru to metal in some small areas. Surprisingly, the driver's side plinth fits very well. It is not original to the car, plus the fender was VERY smashed at the plinth (which was destroyed sometime before I was born), hence the homemade tail lamp asse
  6. Thanks a lot Steve. As much as the grey/puke green two-tone primer sets it off, it will be its original color, which is Old English White, black interior with white piping, grey top.
  7. Had about 15 minutes available over the last 2 weeks to do anything on the MGA, was so busy. Well, here's the progress. Hung most of the panels on now, although they are not really bolted in at all, mainly threw them on to free up space in the guest suite, which became dry storage for "finished" MGA parts (Photos 1-3). Getting the parts in the sunlight really shows the flaws. Lots of small dings to work out and lots of light pitting to fill. Bought some really good glazing putty that a friend recommended, so I should be able to make short work of these problems. Str
  8. Got out early this morning and got my paint setup out to primer the inner fender panels and beat the forecasted wind. Was able to spray all 6 panels plus my other tail light plinth. Put it on quite thick so I can make for easier cleanup of any problems. Turns out this was a good idea. I guess the pitting was even deeper than I thought and the filler combined with my sanding did not fully get the job done. The rear panels needed minimal sanding and were pretty good. I put them back on the car. The middle panels were bad news, I ended up prepping the wrong side of the panel; I was going t
  9. Hello, I have another panel to ID, this one is a roof drip panel with a GM tag with "911659" hand written, which I assume is a partial part number. I used the GM part number Wiki page and found a full part number, 91165974, that is associated with 1971-74 Chevy Vega, but the number is not specifically mentioned on the page about the Vega, so I suspect the part number was superseded. Can anyone find reference to part #91165974 and find out exactly what it is? Thanks. -Chris
  10. Hello, I have a front fender upper support panel, with part #2949552 that I can't quite ID. It should be 1960's 70's, and it may be MOPAR. Haven't found any positive ID on it. Any ideas? -Chris
  11. The warm weather (finally) has motivated me to try to do a little more work. I took off the rear fenders and I'm now focusing on completing the inner fender brace panels, both front and rear. There are 6 panels total. I had previously applied primer/sealer, then some high-build primer, but it was not enough to fill in all the pits on the flat primary surfaces, so time to finish these panels once and for all. After a little sanding and cleaning, I applied some body filler to fill in the pits. They were much deeper than I originally thought, but cleaned up pretty well with a little filler.
  12. The good part is how much more room I have to work now. I will be piecing all the panels back together, that seems like the consensus. Before I do, I will clean up some of the inner panels (fender wells) by glazing or filling the pits in each of them to just get them finished and off my plate, then I'll hang them before all the fenders go into place.
  13. Big progress today, sort of. With the help of some friends, was able to get the body on the chassis (Photo 1) plus the rear fenders and doors (Photo 2). Unfortunately, they only had a very short time to help, so we didn't progress further. Pretty happy to get this point, but then reality sets in; I still have a LOT more to do on the bodywork. Getting these parts in the sunlight really brings out the flaws. Will have a lot more finishing work to do on the fenders than I first thought. Doors are actually quite straight so far. Body has lots of dings I didn't notice before, but nothing tha
  14. Thanks John! I'm looking forward to getting the sanding finished, but it's not that bad breaking it down into bite-size sections or time periods. -Chris
×
×
  • Create New...