Hey, look what I found (GS)

Highlander160

Ait, tilt, cruise, rear defog, power windows and vents, am/FM front n rear speaker, power antenna, power seat, power vacuum trunk release, tinted glass, rear armrest. I don't think there was anything else available. If I have my research right you could not get speed alert with cruise control, and the speed select was for the cruise. Purchased new by the exec secretary of a GM VP. The kool factor is off the hook...😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Highlander160 said:

Ait, tilt, cruise, rear defog, power windows and vents, am/FM front n rear speaker, power antenna, power seat, power vacuum trunk release, tinted glass, rear armrest. I don't think there was anything else available. If I have my research right you could not get speed alert with cruise control, and the speed select was for the cruise. Purchased new by the exec secretary of a GM VP. The kool factor is off the hook...😉

My 63 has the Guidematic, Twilight sentinel, four note horns, and cornering lights but I do not know if any of these were available in 1965.  I really like that white interior. You are correct in what you say about the cruise and speed alert.  

1 hour ago, Barney Eaton said:

Is that extra pointer in the speedometer for the cruise or speed monitor?

That would be the needle that’s used to set the electro cruise.  If the car were not equipped with cruise, then it would be the speed alert. You couldn’t have both.

20230321_135911.jpg.8846da9fd358f2748a542d517f9d1788.jpg

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

My 63 has the Guidematic, Twilight sentinel, four note horns, and cornering lights but I do not know if any of these were available in 1965.  I really like that white interior. You are correct in what you say about the cruise and speed alert.  

It also has the auto headlights or headlight dimmer with the eye on the dash pad so yes I guess it was available. 

Edited by Highlander160 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Highlander160 said:

Took her for a better ride yesterday. Holy defecation!! I was rolling hard, WFO in low gear, hit second and it started doing a full burnout...from a 40 roll! I miss that man, I really do. A little judicious tuning, I could lose my license in short order...😳

Welcome to the Gran Sport... These things are beasts when you hit the go pedal hard!!! 

It'll pass almost anything - but a gas station! 😆

So tell us the story - how did you find this awesome Gran Sport?

How did you find out that it was bought new an exec secretary of a GM VP Exec?

We love to hear stories like this, so do share!

The 2nd owner/family got it from the original owner who they knew well. They got it some time in the 70s. I heard of the car through a friend of a friend, checked it out and now it's here. Not much more to share other than it seems to have been kept up ok but shows its age. All in all though I think it's pretty special. 1st cleaning:

20230323_174234.jpg.48293b79573630445302375d95fc9996.jpgSome chips n scratches, some typical rust below but a worthy prospect.

Edited by Highlander160 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Score!!

The color combination is fantastic, too!  Could you post a couple pictures of the back seat area including the package tray?  What color is the headliner (post a picture to that too, please).

The white custom interiors get dirty fast, but they look awesome when clean.

Trunk isn't hateful, pretty dadgum solid. There's some rust in the cowl and floor on the left side. Trunk extensions are still solid and nice as are the lowers. Left rocker is crispy but fixable, right side is nice. And this is an intact drivable car with very little input, but it deserves to be resurrected to as new. Every option, lovely colors, irrefutable authenticity, correct carbs, whisper quiet engine (alhough the exhaust needs replaced), good to very good diecast. The interior will clean up and it's all still soft and supple so no worries. Body has had some minor repairs over the years but nothing that screams "Oh my god!", just some fixing. Not some mudded up restoration, a natural and complete real GS that begs to be done. Click my link and check it out. No, I will not disclose my reserve. 😉

That's a nice presentation. There's always gonna be guys with deep pockets that want cars like this. Y'all seem to be quite experienced.  I'm gonna guess that it will bring mid 30's. A great car to either blow apart or just knock a few rough edges off and enjoy like that.    Mitch