Twenty years ago today…….my first post here.

edinmass

Twenty years ago today I made my first post here. 95 percent of all my activity has been in the last five years……..time sure flies. Here is my first car related post…….

C52492F6-B0FC-4686-BC62-E2E7E7DECA23.jpeg

6A308D5E-92FC-46D9-9065-BEED8D9A31E9.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, prewarnut said:

I'm sure you're inviting some interesting remarks.....I'll stick to the questions. I know Charles Atlas isn't in the picture but for bodybuilder, how about Brunn?

Nope, not Brunn. It’s the one off 1933 New York Auto Show car. V-12 and it only had 33k on the clock. All original except a respray in 1950.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Milburn Drysdale said:

Cool car. What are those things on top of the fenders? Do you have close ups? Do you still have the car? 

Early truck turn signals from 1938. The car is long gone. About 40 Pierce Arrow’s ago. It was a barn find in Michigan. Long story, which some day when I can no longer drive I will post.

• Thanks 1

Hell no! 

Actually it was my “dream car” at the time. Never thought I would own a split windshield Pierce…….and the fact that there was only one known before I pulled that car out was fantastic. I got it just in time for the 100th anniversary and put it on display. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, edinmass said:

Twenty years ago today I made my first post here. 95 percent of all my activity has been in the last five years……..time sure flies. Here is my first car related post…….

C52492F6-B0FC-4686-BC62-E2E7E7DECA23.jpeg

6A308D5E-92FC-46D9-9065-BEED8D9A31E9.png

Bet the car doesn’t look a day older. The cars survive but people age differently.

• Haha 1

Twenty years, hundreds of cars, thousands of post, a little less hair, a few more pounds, a lot of friends, millions of glasses of CR and still going strong. Life’s not so bad in the old car world. Congratulations Ed, many more to come. 
dave s 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Here it was that great July day in Ellicott Square in downtown Buffalo.  The Centennial was a once-in-a-lifetime Pierce-Arrow 'Brigadoon'...I wouldn't have missed it for the world!  

'33 Pierce-Arrow 12 - 100th a.jpg

'33 Pierce-Arrow 12 - 100th b.jpg

Stay tuned for the 2026 PAS Meet in Buffalo to celebrate the 125th anniversary of Pierce auto production!

• Thanks 4

Congratulations and rounds of appreciation to you, Ed.

Later today I’ll raise a CR in your honor, and in a probable misquote:

May the road (backroads?) rise to meet you,

The sun shine on your face ,

The winds be at your back,

The rains fall gentle on your fields,

…. And May you be in Heaven-

….. Half an Hour before the Devil knows You’re Gone 

• Haha 5

The fellow on your left is our local Pierce-Arrow authority Bob Sands. A truly great friend.

• Like 2

I have a Pierce Arrow joke my grandfather told us in the 1950’s. He was a car mechanic and salesman from the 1920’s on. Here’s the joke:

A man was driving on a road in the dark. He proceeded to smash head on into an oncoming car. He amazingly survived. “Why did you drive squarely into the front of the car, the cop asked him. “I thought it was two motorcycles.”

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Grimy said:

Stay tuned for the 2026 PAS Meet in Buffalo to celebrate the 125th anniversary of Pierce auto production!

Hard to believe that was 21 years ago. I have been to about 35 Pierce Arrow meets over the years........absolutely flabbergasts me. It was a fantastic week. So many friends and mentors now long gone. A lifetime of good memories and friends. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Congratulations on 20 years!! Does the AACA give out wristwatches for things like that? 😄  They actually should...you've given many of us helpful and solid advice. Thanks!

Certainly not a Rolex but maybe a Timex with a Crown Royal logo would fit right in to our master mechanic friend. 
dave s 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A momentous occasion!  My first post I believe was May 4th 2000. 

I guess that makes us old timers!   Opening a new bottle of Scotch!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see Moe and Larry was Curly behind the wheel and we just can’t see him. 
dave s 

3 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Darryl, we were bringing attention to ourselves,  we just happened to be standing next to a Stearns Knight.

IMG_8974.JPG

• Haha 1

I was thinking about starting a thread about finding your first post.  The problem is that unless you are Ed and you refer back to it every month it requires some searching to find.   My first post (which was before Ed) was responding to a guy that had inherited a Rollston bodied DV32 Stutz and was trying to figure out what to do with it.   I still regret not buying that car.

Classic rides showcased in French Lick carshow

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Not that it really matters, but how would one find their first post? 

Go to your profile.  On the rigtht towards the top there is a "See My Activity" button.   Push that,  then use the ">>" button to scroll to your first page.  The very bottom post is  your first one.   I was wrong about the Stutz, that was like my fourth post.  This was my first one.  I was using "Al" instead of "A.J." which confuses the crap out of people who would think I was my dad.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, alsancle said:

Go to your profile.  On the rigtht towards the top there is a "See My Activity" button.   Push that,  then use the ">>" button to scroll to your first page.  The very bottom post is  your first one.   I was wrong about the Stutz, that was like my fourth post.  This was my first one.  I was using "Al" instead of "A.J." which confuses the crap out of people who would think I was my dad.

Hell........considering what most people call you Al or AJ should be fine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/29/2022 at 10:38 AM, SC38dls said:

That was a BIG car. Do you know where it is today? 
dave s 

1933 Pierce Arrow Series 1247 LeBaron Enclosed Drive Limousine. Yes, it's still where I passed it along. Fantastic automobile. Look at the size of the front door........a good friend who was 6'6' easily fit behind the wheel. 

• Like 2

Your Pierce looks very familiar, I believe it and you might have been parked next to me at the Fairfield County (CT) Concours, a short-lived event some years back, maybe about 2008 or so?  I was driving a 1934 Packard Eight 1100, mostly original and entirely unmolested, which I've owned since 1963 (pix below).  I'm digging for my photos of that event.  Fred Kanter was in our row with his 734 roadster, and some others I recall included a Hudson Italia and a senior Tatra.  Ring a bell?

34  at Crezencis.jpg

Edited by Owen_Dyneto (see edit history)
  • Like 2