HERSHEY 2022- what are you bringing and what are you hunting?

Terry Bond

7 hours ago, trimacar said:

I acquired a car sales kit, for making signs in a used car lot.

Will have some at Hershey for sale. If they sell well I might owe a fellow member of this forum some more money, or at least another crab sandwich (I already owe him one!) as I acquired them from him!

Have 9 metal pieces which can hold a variety of cars/sales pitches which are in kit, what is shown is just an example.  Size is approximately 9 by 14 inches (7 inch ruler in picture for scale).

Only one or a few of each make, but have Buick, Cadillac, Chrysler, Chev, Desoto, Dodge Ford, Hudson, Jeepster, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Olds, Plymouth, Pontiac, Studebaker, Willys.

Choose your make, and then choose from a variety of different sales pitches to fill out the sign.  The two pictures of those slip in signs are just the tip of the iceburg, lots more to choose from.  These will be $40 each.   

After metal backing plates are sold, the individual strips will be available at a negotiated price.

These signs originally had suction cups bolted on top and bottom tabs, to stick to windshield of car.  I do not have the suction cups but they're available out there.

If you want to reserve a make and look at different alternatives for rest of sign at my space in Hershey, let me know and I'll hold one for you. GBF-32-33 (light pole 110 just down from Hyman tent).  Selling at Hershey only, if anything left after that may ship if interested.  thanks David C.

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_6766.jpg

You get the coolest stuff from that guy!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pkhammer said:

You get the coolest stuff from that guy!!!

Really!  Thats for sure….he’s a pretty niceguy, considering!

Hope to hobble over toward your space and buy you a crabcake, might be Thursday though!  Setting up Tuesday but one of my knees has decided that minimal participation in my walking activities is the way to go….

Luckily enough for all involved I have no issues with consuming crabcakes on Thursdays! Hope the knee feels better and you can come visit. No worries however if it prevents you from getting across the bridge to our territory, I hear they have pretty good chow at Carrabba's in Winchester.

Refining the list for next week.  Specifically hunting nice original or restored/rechromed door handles and trunklid handle assy. For the 40 Packard 110 convertible.  And better in dash ash & rear tray lids as well, also chrome items. Correct side mirrors.

Long shot but I look every year, 1989 MB 560 SL prestige catalog for the SL only.  Someone has to have one... 

Aristocrat accesory dash for early 30 oval speedo A.  V8 rims (got a couple lines on those).

Any Interest in NOS National Seals ?  I have a big box and can bring to Hershey.

Also bringing;

1929 Buick 18" x 4" demountable Wheels with Tires that hold air.

Wheel Demountable tool that works

18" Buick Wheel hubs

I will be looking for 28 Buick items.

20221001_090509.jpg

20221001_144735.jpg

• Like 1

I need a few "driver quality"   7:00 or 7;50 17" wide whitewall tires.    Let me know  what you have available . I also need ( different car)  a set of original  Packard Caribbean wire wheel hubcaps.   I'm in the N Chocolate field Monday mid day- Thursday evening.   Thanks!  

Well, in typical old car fashion, my tow truck pooped its pants over the weekend and isn't going to Hershey. Last minute substitution:

Pierce1.jpg.00e62846bb12be6d560ee182194a503a.jpg

We're loading the trailers now and leaving this afternoon. See you guys in the morning!

I’m hunting for the guy that will extend the whole event for at least another five or six days so I have the opportunity to at least try to walk from one end to the other!  How about three or four days? Ok two more days? 
dave s 

I am bringing myself and my 1985 VW which will be in DPC on Friday. I plan to arrive sometime Thursday morning, walk the flea market fields a bit, visit with friends, pick up my show car packet, renew my AACA Membership enjoy a crab cake sandwich for lunch then head to the Judging School & CJE Class. I wish I had more time at Hershey but the bottom line is my shortened Hershey experience this year is the direct result of the days changing. Sadly, I suspect I am not alone but it is what it is and will enjoy what time I do have at Hershey.

As my Buick Sales and Service Garage https://forums.aaca.org/topic/303001-my-buick-sales-and-service-garage/page/24/#comment-2410240 nears completion I am looking for 1930s-1950s Buick Engineer Approved Accessories product cans and containers for to display. Individual pieces or will consider small collections. Here is an  example of the typical cans with lettering and markings I am looking for. No interest in the Tri-shield type. Sadly I will not be there this year but may  can have some on pick up for me. Message me and thanks

buick-hd-concentrate-engineer_1_e8dee1ffcbc242294550176aeef15a1d.jpg.e42bb232c6aa0d7328805e60607b1e9d.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 9:06 PM, STEVE POLLARD said:

I'm coming with two of my kids and bringing my 1986 Monte Carlo SS...it will be in the HPOF Class....  36 years of ownership, first time showing it.

Steve

image.png.df856b792610cae0a2920b2d6435edb6.png

Up all night fighting a fever.... maybe next year, I hope everyone has a great time.

Steve