I want to apologize for posting so many "NOT MINE" cars for sale But I am so bored right now....

Joe Cocuzza

I want to apologize for posting so many "NOT MINE" cars for sale

But I am so bored right now, recovering from my 2nd (redo) hernia operation in 5 months, that I spend a lot of time "looking around" which usually gets me into trouble - and probably will again,eventually

I am short on money AND space right now so "window shopping" is allowed BUT if something pops up that really tickles my fancy all bets are off

That's how I found the 1930 Pierce Arrow while recovering from the 1st surgery. And I made the room for that one......

I guess we will NEVER learn.....;););)

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Joe

No need to apologize for posting multiple findings to the "Not Mine" section.  We're all habitual shopper for other cars we'd like to own or see they're available.  Posting those that are in good serviceable condition priced at or below $10K demonstrates that such old cars are available, dispelling the myth all old cars are expensive.  If only a few find new appreciative owners who have enjoyable experiences with friends and family, it's worth the effort.

Enjoy the rest and mend up.

Steve

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dibarlaw said:

Wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

But your comments are troubling as I have put off getting mine done and the wife is pushing me to get it scheduled for cold January.

But we love window shopping.

Larry

Larry,

Thanks.

If you decide to have yours done - Good Luck and a quick recovery, too.

Joe

10 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

We're all habitual shopper for other cars we'd like to own or see they're available. 

I try to keep William Harrah's famous words in mind when I see a car that's tempting up for sale.  Not long before he passed, he said, "You can't restore them all!"

Craig

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to I want to apologize for posting so many "NOT MINE" cars for sale But I am so bored right now....

When you're not your usual 100% self, it's spending time with family and friends that helps to get you back on you feet more quickly.

So, we're here for you to help stave off the boredom.  :)

• Like 2

My view is that unless it's spam, mean spirited trolling or flooding posts, there's no need for apologies. It's my understanding that the not-mine-for-sale section is one of the more popular features on this forum. Anyone who doesn't like lots of antique car posts probably shouldn't go there.

• Like 5

I check the not mine for sale section almost every night (part of my wind down from the day routine). While only a few earlier cars there really interest me, I enjoy seeing a lot of the newer stuff as well! Without several people that wander through other listing sites, some I can't for one reason or another look through myself, there wouldn't be much there to look at. Sometimes, I wish the posted cars were closer to me? Sometimes I am very glad that they are not!

Thank you! And take the time to heal right!

• Like 3

In these Covid times, checking in to the Forum, exchanging notes with people, and posting about things that strike our fancy help fill the needs for social interaction.  It's been interesting to learn the likes and dislikes of our fellow members, and to actually build some fun on-line relationships with other people.  It is hard to find guys (and girls) with genuine interests in old cars locally, so lots of us enjoy seeing posts that are outside the range of cars we normally are looking at.  Keep up the good work!

Otherwise, I'm here, there is usually coffee in the pot, and the garage has heat all winter, so drop-in visitors are welcome (with a little notice, as we travel sometimes).  We're on the South Coast of Massachusetts near New Bedford.  Come visit and see the Home for Orphan Studebakers.

• Like 7

Hey Joe, hope you're feeling better soon. I'm new to the club and I really enjoy that section. It's like an automotive zoo, lot's of diffrent kinds of critters to look at. There are cars there that I wouldn't ordinarily be looking for, so I find it quite entertaining. I'm one ot those guys that spends a lot of time on Craig's List looking at cars. There was a good consignment lot near me that had all kinds of different cars in the lot and I would go by  evrey couple of weeks and take a look. The best thing was that there were no salespeople to bother you. Enjoy your Holidays!

I experienced a period of inactivity due to health concerns two or three years ago. I occupied my time by browsing ads initially, but then later, posting links to interesting cars that I came across. I recall that someone complained about all of these cars for sale that weren't owned by forum members. I apologized and said that I meant no harm and that I hoped that I might be pointing out a few cars from sources that many members wouldn't otherwise have access to. A fairly large group of members responded and said that they enjoyed reading the listings and that I should continue. It wasn't too long after that that the "cars for sale" group split in two with the "Not Mine" topic emerging. I can't honestly say whether or not any of the cars that I listed found new homes because of my efforts, but we all enjoy the comments, observations and discussions that accompany any of the "For Sale" items anyway. I guess that it's our modern way of kicking tires. Now days I'm just too busy to post much, but I still find time to see what you and others have posted. Thank you for that, Joe!

• Like 1

Gary Ash has stated it very well. This is a place for social gathering of old car folks, but to me is also a spectacular online education - things I really am enthused about, but also now introduced to other things/cars/ topics that before I thought little of but now APPRECIATE so much more. We can't collect everything ( I just heard a loud groan , and several thinking yeah sure Gosden) but it is here to focus on for as long or as little as you want. I don't look at auction company postings/ads etc. but to learn of the Pierce Arrow hearse - wow, how cool is that, talk about having the biggest sedan in your car club!

• Like 2