The phone rang... and then the next car adventure starts

edinmass

19 minutes ago, 41 Su8 said:

Stutz

No, if it were a Stutz I wouldn’t be able to keep quiet this long,

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, padgett said:

Are you sure those are tools in the passenger seat ? Looks more like a portable bar.

Either would be fine.........but the tools would be a neat thing to display and use. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

So, the company stopped making automobiles in WW1, but did it continue to be a productive company in something other than automobiles? I have an inkling but now need to verify they used a T head...

🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

One more cool note about the car.............a dual rear spare from the factory, and a rather interesting top in both shape and construction. Just found this illustration for the car............this is the actual illustration of the front seat, jump seats, and windshield. Neat bucket seats....and a toolbox in the back of the passenger seat.......wonder if the tools will be there. Hope this doesn’t give the car away......if it does.........no sharing or posting........pm me for verification.

963DE2D4-CFD0-4860-9496-2773CEE4C248.png

• Like 1

I think Mark is going to figure it out, from what he said.

The picture does provide the answer, if you know what to look for.  Of course, maybe that's because I know the answer and I see the clue.

I can't wait to drive this thing.

I liked the call back from Ed when I texted him.  He made a statement like "I have someone sniffing", cleverly leaving out the part about it was HIM that had his nose twitching.....

Ed, I think you should post those grainy pictures, someone's going to figure it out soon then the fun will be gone!

• Like 1

I have received ten PM’s from our members............mostly all regulars who are here often and familiar to everyone. I offered additional clues to those who wanted it...........it took a lot of additional details for two people to get it correct. To be fair, this is a ridiculously hard one for two reasons............which I won’t post in the open. Interestingly having seen only early versions of this car I would have normally passed as they are rather small but quality cars. This one is just too big to comprehend compared to their earlier similar offerings.......if that makes sense.

PS- I need to bleed this thread for all it’s worth.........this thing could backfire on me still..........just ask Matt Harwood! Sharing the hobby is half the fun, and I get to do many more interesting and insane adventures than I deserve. My purpose isn’t fame or bravado.........it’s sharing the experience for those who may be Intrested in early cars. The end product.......driving around reliably isn’t the only fun this hobby offers. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Special Request: 

The only thing the car is missing is a clock for the dash. So, if anyone has a clock for the mystery car.......I would like to purchase it. It’s probably on your shelf next to the unicorn horns.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 8:01 AM, edinmass said:

My purpose isn’t fame or bravado.........it’s sharing the experience for those who may be Intrested in early cars.

Ed's word's are perfectly stated, some of us have been "into" older cars for many decades and it just gives us great satisfaction to be able to share what we know, memories of cars and collector's no longer with us, plus the history of the period , and era that these wonderful machines were crafted in 70+ years ago. I hope that what I share ( and I believe Ed does too) will inspire the "newbie" to want to seek further information, build their enthusiasm to the level that some of us have fortunately been able to obtain over the years. The joy of the exchange - that is our reward, to see a long dormant and forgotten "artifact" ( academic term ? there) regain the life it once had and bring a smile to the face of the people who see it, hear it, perhaps ride in it etc.  Think of the adage " you inherit your relatives but pick your friends" , old cars are our common bond. Would any of us really know each other as well as we do, if it weren't for this love of historic vehicles? We know we can count on each other in good times and bad, and the fact we can share this just gives us such great pleasure - these forums can be our daily dose of plain old fashioned fun.  Count your blessings that you are well and alert enough to be reading this and all of what you see here.

Edited by Walt G
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 10

OK- The “big reveal” will be at 3pm today eastern time. Will post photos.............🤔

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

We could all drive Ed crazy by ignoring this thread completely. Maybe then he would get a taste of his own medicine and have to post some pictures ! 😳

dave s 

Too late.......I was crazy from day one........I have a proven medically diagnosed  mental illness.........I’m obsessed with pre war cars...........it proves I’m not competent to stand trial or be responsible for my actions. If you have any doubt, ask my better half!

We live by several lines of text in our special little world.........they are:

How many pre war cars are enough? Answer- just one more.

It only needs a little bit of work, it won’t cost that much to get it running.

”Drive it like you stole it”!

I can fix that by next week.

Shouldn't take more than an hour or two to repair.

Those parts are easy to find.

The definition of insanity- doing the same thing over and over again in exactly the same manner, and expecting a different result. (Buying a car that is called “turn key” and expecting to drive it three miles without braking down on the first drive.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

It’s 3 pm in London now!! 
Does that count? 
dave s

Just to torture you, PM is being sent ...........It won’t be much help! But because of the positive response, you get a photo.😝

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Special Request: 

The only thing the car is missing is a clock for the dash. So, if anyone has a clock for the mystery car.......I would like to purchase it. It’s probably on your shelf next to the unicorn horns.

If it is a Chelsea clock maybe, But the company’s scripted face 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Mark Wetherbee (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

If it is a Chelsea clock maybe, But the company’s scripted face 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 GOOD LUCK!

Yes, it’s marque specific ........the down side to high end cars.........made of  unobtaininum...........

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Shouldn't take more than an hour or two to repair.

Many frame off restorations started with this. 

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

I checked my shelves and do you want a large or small Unicorn horn with that clock?  I might even have a Medium, but I'm running low on color choices so that's a bit more limited.

A large unicorn horn for the car......pink if you have it, and unfortunately the clock is HUGE.......bigger than I have ever seen from that era......and it has a white face..........which is also ridiculous to try and find from pre WW1. At least looking in the cases at Hershey it will be easy to spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Ed I like drawing it out.  Keep us in suspense as long as possible.  Remember the whole Vicky reveal.  I think we were onto page 7 or more before the big reveal during the super bowl.   I think that drew more likes than the half time show. ;) 

Yes - it was fun and good. Keep us guessing and if anyone does figure it out make us guess who! That should be good for another 10 pages or so. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)

How many pre war cars are enough ?  N -1, N represents the number that will result in a expensive and no doubt messy divorce ,  therefore N - 1 is the ideal number 

of pre - war cars a person can own.  I am getting close to that number.

Greg

• Like 2

gossp - all the terrible things they say about me is true. Today, in this thread, hidden in the text, I have completely identified the car!😂

The above statement is real, and accurate.

It’s my sick sense of humor. Anyone who figures it out, please don’t post it. I will put up the photos in less than an hour.

My best, Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1