Lucky for me, not a BAD old car story....

keiser31

I have been trying to replace the brake cylinders on my 1931 Dodge coupe for a while now and needed more room than my garage could provide, so it is outside on the driveway on jack stands. Lucky for me that I took the wheels are off and put them in the garage. Last night some thoughtless, so and so slashed over 80 tires around our sweet, quiet neighborhood. He even got all of our local mail trucks (about 7 of them). I felt VERY lucky that he missed the car and truck in our driveway and REALLY glad he did not have the chance to slash my 4:50/5:00 x 19s for my '31 DB. I would have felt awful for having to put his sorry butt to sleep like a rabid dog.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, misterc9 said:

Cutting the tires on a US Mail truck is probably a Federal Offense.

Yes. I went to take photos of the trucks and while over there, the postmistress showed up and we discussed that. She affirmed that it is a Federal offense.

What kind of wiring is crossed in your head to make you want to do things like that? I've been bored, I've been angry, but what is the impetus to go do something senseless like that? Is there amusement this morning thinking about everyone coming out and finding ruined tires?

It's like trying to figure out what a squirrel is thinking.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Does he still have both his kidneys?

17 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

They caught the guy, but unlikely he has ANY money to repay anyone for any tires.

He spent it all on CRACK.

All my neighbors light their places up with night time security lights. My place is dark. We hear prowlers getting up sometimes. The first time I heard one I thought he was doing the George Carlin doing his "seven words you can't say routine".

Yep, my grandfather taught me how to protect my valuables, too.

Bernie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Coyote said:

Keiser, I would make sure you don't have any loose parts laying around inside your DB while it's outside.  They may end up walking off in the middle of the night.  Lock it up or loose it is what I was taught.

Precisely why i just cleared out my garage to make room to get my '31 back in there.

Latest word is he is caught and will be in jail for a while. Now....how are all of these people going to afford tires. He hit mostly retired senior's cars.

18 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Latest word is he is caught and will be in jail for a while. Now....how are all of these people going to afford tires. He hit mostly retired senior's cars.

Insurance? either homeowners or auto should cover a portion.

2 minutes ago, John348 said:

Insurance? either homeowners or auto should cover a portion.

With only one or two tires on each car poked, having to pay the deductible may not be the answer.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

It only costs a few bucks more for Zero Deductibles, at least on the Comprehensive (not the Collision) portion of your car insurance 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:34 AM, keiser31 said:

They caught the guy, but unlikely he has ANY money to repay anyone for any tires.

Sounds like we need to go back a few years and take the pound of flesh that is owed.

I think in Muslim countries they would cut his hand, or is it hands, off.  But this is America, and I don't think I want America to go the barbarian route.  I'm glad your 31 Dodge tires were protected.  That's why we have garages I guess.  It could have been worse.  He could have had a sledge hammer and smashed car bodies and windows.  But again, glad he didn't put a dent in your 31 Dodge restoration plans!  Marc.

• Like 1