I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

18 hours ago, Thriller said:

That's what we call a dusting. Interesting that now I know what shut down head office in John's Creek, GA (I forget if they shut down early or closed altogether on Friday). Not that people up here are necessarily better about winter driving, but we do have to get used to it. 

Some nice artistic shots MrEarl. 

They call it snowed in here. Thanks for the appreciation of my awesome artistic photography skills Thriller ?

49 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Where are the goats?

No Pontiacs here, jus Buicks. 

14 hours ago, Rivman said:

Nice, but shouldn't those be in "Winter Buicks" MrEarl?

Hmmmm you got a point, I'll see if i can get a moderator to move them. ?

• Like 3

Well it's not a Buick engine - the distributor is in the back of the block instead of in the front cover.  Probably an assembly plant where Buicks and Pontiacs shared a line. Here in my area the Fairfax assembly plant in Kansas City, Kansas runs the Buick LaCrosse and the Chevrolet Malibu down the same line at the same time..  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

Well it's not a Buick engine - the distributor is in the back of the block instead of in the front cover.  Probably an assembly plant where Buicks and Pontiacs shared a line. Here in my area the Fairfax assembly plant in Kansas City, Kansas runs the Buick LaCrosse and the Chevrolet Malibu down the same line at the same time..  

bet that can get to be hell on Mondays...

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

There's an Oldsmobile in front of the Buick besides.

On 1/8/2017 at 1:25 AM, Beemon said:

I'm often asked why I don't wear it. The truth is, you're going to die no matter what happens in any type of collision in one of these old cars unless it's from the passenger side or rear. In any case, lap belts won't help you from hitting the steering wheel or side window.

True, but the seat belt will keep you from being ejected in a rollover.  You can probably come up with an equation to explain why ejected occupants are rolled on by the car they are ejected from.:o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old-tank said:

True, but the seat belt will keep you from being ejected in a rollover.  You can probably come up with an equation to explain why ejected occupants are rolled on by the car they are ejected from.:o

Well I'd hope I wouldn't get into a roll over, or any collision for that matter. I don't race the car, but I guess you can never be too sure with Honda hot rods.

• Like 1

My first '39 Buick. I was 15 at the time. My '41 Olds 70 Series Club coupe 6 Stick in the background.

I would say 1963. That was the beginning of two cars in the yard for eternity. The Olds is parked about 10 feet from my current garage location.

Bernie

1939-40=1.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, First Born said:

THEY ARE TOO WIDE!!   Beautiful car, though. But is that a '46?

Ben

I would say '47 - '48.

The '46s had a different Buick badge on the front of the hood.

The width of the side walls appear to be of the correct size for that era.

The first year for Dynaflow was '48.

Taken from 70 Years of Buick.

Cal.

18 hours ago, Beemon said:

John, if it's any consolation, I think black walls and poverty caps are pretty cool. But then again, that's all I can afford... lol

"Poverty caps and black walls" Aren't the two synonymous?  Kind of like bread and butter, or love and marriage. Goes together like a horse and carriage. I don't picture the words Buick and poverty in the same category.

Ed

• Like 1

I have been scanning some photo album pictures. This was my Wife's all time favorite car. She was doing daycare when we had it and she would load it full of our two plus however many more were there for the day. It is about 1988. The magnetic signs were from an air conditioning company I was in with at the time.

This is the car I made into a permanent converted with an Olds windshield frame, deceptive package tray cover, and it came off pretty well. I sold it and a collector in Pennsylvania bought it. The car may still be out there somewhere. Anyone seen it?

Bernie

0088.jpg0099.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

This is the car I made into a permanent converted with an Olds windshield frame, deceptive package tray cover, and it came off pretty well.

Bernie - any post-conversion pics to share?  :huh:

Those were chemical emulsion film days so, sadly, a lot less pictures were taken. That said, I do have a few hundred car related pictures I  am scanning as time allows.

The car was very convincing were completed. The '62 Olds convertible windshield frame grafted perfectly. And the padded parade boot was finished in gray vinyl that matched the Olefin upholstery.  I think I cut the roof off New Years Day 1988 and drove the car the following summer. I remember taking it to a car show in town one gloomy day and it started raining. I took shelter in a friend's '57 Ford convertible parked next to me. The Ford leaked so bad I might as well have sat in the Electra.

That car was an old Swap Sheet buy. When I called on the ad the seller, Grandson of the owner said "absolutely no less than $1,000 for it. I went to look at it, mostly, to find out what absolutely meant. I paid $750. So much for absolute. On the way home I stopped in one of the early convenience stores, got back in and dropped the lever down a notch and no reverse! It had been a while since I drove a Dynaflow.

I think we owned that car for 3 years. It was Cardinal red and I kept it looking nice by brush touching it. My son who is 34 now helped. See how he dipped from the quart can lid with the artist's brush.

19414.jpg

He is the salesman at the local Packard dealership now.

004.jpg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Amazing 1/6-scale 1954 Buick Skylarks, hand-crafted by a Texas architect who builds these on the side.  He spends $1,800 on the chrome-plating for each car.

The models are priced at $12,000 each.

32014331020_7e878dfec0_b.jpg

So... not only can I not afford to own an actual full-size 1954 Buick Skylark, I can't afford to buy a 1/6-scale model of one! <sigh> :(

Edited by therios (see edit history)
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Centurion said:

Amazing 1/6-scale 1954 Buick Skylarks, hand-crafted by a Texas architect who builds these on the side.

So, is building 6 of these like restoring one classic car...?  :unsure: