I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

That was the Buick Camp and racing team in Savannah Georgia circa 1908. I have actually driven some of the route that was at one time part of the road race. It was along the Wilmington river through Thunderbolt in Savannah where the shrimp boats dock. Savannah was all about racing around the turn of the century. Everything from horses, yachts, cars and even bicycles. My brother in law and family live on Wilmington Island and I hope someday to take '54 Muscle for a cruise along the route. 

• Like 5

Linda and I saw this last summer.  It's an interactive display.  There are dealer brochures, etc. that accompany the car.  The piece of the exhibit that I though was most interesting was the couple sitting across the desk from the salesman.  They're stationary but there's an audio that has the salesman touting the Buick and how it would fit perfectly into the couples life style.  Pretty typical of the sales pitch you hear everywhere, but it's aimed directly at this couple and references only the car on display.  After listening to the salesman, you'd be a fool not to buy the Buick and all it has to offer over any of its competitors.  

Here's a link to it.

http://amhistory.si.edu/onthemove/collection/object_11.html

At the present time, it's displayed in the Museum of American History.  While this museum is part of the Smitsonian, it's not in the same location as the main Smithsonians.  This museum is located at the intersection of 14th Street and Constitution Ave.  If you have a chance, GO FOR IT.  You won't regret it.  It's a small part of the "America on the Move" exhibit.

Ed

• Like 1