JohnD1956

Autumn Buicks

39 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Are you getting snow already?

I think it was just a rare occurrence yesterday, but after last winter, anything is possible!

41 minutes ago, 91vert said:

Even the colour of the Electra is autumn coloured.

Cal.

Electra 10 18 160009.JPG

It does seem to blend into those trees...lol

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

It snowed some here earlier this week.  That slushy stuff from the sky.  Did not stick on the ground. Melted right away....but a reminder of what is coming.

None here yet...moving the Wildcat to the country today. Will hopefully be able to get a decent shot but most of the leaves are down here, not that we get the brilliant colour that JD does. 

Had the 66 out again this weekend. Saturday was another spectacular weather day. Also had the 73 Riv out but forgot the camera. :(

IMG_3964a.jpg

• Like 6

Well, the Wildcat went out to the country place today and got put away for the season.  It was a nice drive...mix of sun and clouds today.  The yellow / green shrubs in the background are some of our semi-sweet cherries.  Since we had trees go down this summer I've been spending a bunch of time with the chainsaw.  Today was a cleanup day...can you tell the ash from the Russian olive? :rolleyes:

20161030WildcatIMG_2475.jpg

20161030FirewoodIMG_2477.jpg

• Like 2

Time to resurrect this thread.  We don't get the spectacular colours that some of you get, but I thought I'd try to capture some of the red with Saphira, along with a bonus poodle (my vision is to get a Riviera, dye her topknot and make her "my little red Rivi airhead").  Also Rita...we get a lot of wind in the country, so the leaves don't necessarily last long.

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG-3285.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Great minds think alike.... I went out this weekend to get some pictures specifically to resurrect this thread!  It was a bit cool (wife put on two sweaters) but she endured the trip with the top down.  Basically drove around Vancouver looking for some nice leaves but with how cold my wife was, I thought I should keep it within a 10min drive of the house.  Here are some of the shots I was able to get with the Electra with some fall colors!  A friend down in Tacoma Washington also posted some fall pics with his 67 Wildcat, and with his permission, I've reposted a couple  here. 

tn_IMG_3208.JPG

tn_IMG_3212.JPG

tn_IMG_3214.JPG

tn_IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 13

Due to Mother Nature, the leaves in my area are much less photogenic this year.  Still, grabbed these today

59e12b0715814_10122017regalinsaratogaedited.thumb.jpg.5a768fb8bc8db12592ef1bfd9e48bfc7.jpg

59e12caec2a7d_1013171536sideviewedited.thumb.jpg.18b4c63d8359cb27ee612298e64845b8.jpg

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 6

The colors haven't really arrived here in SW Ontario but will a corn field do ? I posted these on Me and MY Buick but they fit here too.The '25 is just getting it's legs back after a 37 year slumber.

Jim

1925 Buick ready to show ! 002.JPG

1925 Buick ready to show ! 004.JPG

• Like 16

Good thing I drove the Skyhawk last night as this is what autumn looked like out front this morning. Sigh. It was pretty much a different colour by noon. We are apparently supposed to get into the 60s toward the end of the week. 

IMG_3294.JPG

• Sad 2

John, your Buicks are so photogenic!

I finally have one to contribute:

22489766_10156660013175830_4855112428185

• Like 14

Yours too Ben! You take awesome pictures in an area that piques my interest but I may never get to explore otherwise. Same with the others who post here. There is beauty everywhere and my thanks to all of you who share it here and elsewhere in the forums. 

• Like 5

Great photos all!  We are running out of good days this fall, and expecting several storms to roll through this week, so Sunday was likely the last nice day for awhile.  Given the "on the road" insurance for the wagon will be expiring shortly, I decided to get it cleaned up and ready for a few months in storage.  Once clean, I took the opportunity to burn some old fuel and run around looking for colorful autumn shots.  These are all within the city limits of Vancouver...

tn_DSCN3576.JPG

tn_DSCN3585.JPG

tn_DSCN3591.JPG

tn_DSCN3594.JPG

tn_DSCN3599.JPG

• Like 9

There's autumn leaves in those pictures Doug, I'm not seeing them.  All I see is one gorgeous Estate Wagon :wub::D

• Like 1

Thank you kind sir!  I was thinking yesterday that even though it is now 40 years old, it still feels like a modern car in many respects, and I would happily daily drive it.... if I didn't live in a coastal rain forest!

• Like 4