Sign in to follow this  
bodayguy

Modern style wheels on a 64 Rivi

25 minutes ago, Rivdrivn said:

I briefly tried this look. Maybe with chrome beauty rings?

I'd say add a thin white or silver pin-stripe close to the edge of the rim as opposed to rings. B)

Classy and unique

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

I briefly tried this look. Maybe with chrome beauty rings?

IMG_1890.JPG

I personally think that looks great on a black car.  I love spider center caps.

If you like the look of steel wheels, beauty rings, and caps, try a set of 7 in Chevy truck rally wheels.  An ROA member from Washington state has a set on his 63 and they look good. Look at pictures of the cars in Colorado Springs in 04 and you might find it.  I think he had some caps made with the Riviera logo on them.

Are the 5 spoke wheels from Vintage Wheel Works? They look like 17" "Vintage 40" wheels. I really like them a lot.

I ran black steel wheels with chrome lugnuts and pinstripe whitewalls on a 79 chevy for years. I loved the look, it was very oldschool street racer.

10 hours ago, jsgun said:

Are the 5 spoke wheels from Vintage Wheel Works? They look like 17" "Vintage 40" wheels. I really like them a lot.

I ran black steel wheels with chrome lugnuts and pinstripe whitewalls on a 79 chevy for years. I loved the look, it was very oldschool street racer.

Not mine but they are 17 inch and say American Racing. I like the 245/50/17 tire size as well.

On 3/14/2017 at 11:09 PM, PWB said:

I'd say add a thin white or silver pin-stripe close to the edge of the rim as opposed to rings. B)

Classy and unique

...or red maybe?  ;)

I ran these Cragars on my B-body Chevy for about two months and went back to the original ones.

1415206266212126.jpg.acb4c5e9608a8246a8fb2e0d2a15dd48.jpg

They will fit a Riviera or full sized Buick. They are 17 X 8 with caps and nuts that fit late Roadmasters. I have them in the garage stacked in the original boxes in perfect condition. Cragar has discontinued them. They were $260 each plus. I am looking for $900 or something interesting. PM if you would like to try them on a Riviera.

Bernie

It's either 15's or 20's on a Riv.  17/18's just do not look right and tire choices are limited.  You can do 20/22 combo with a 3in drop and fits great.  I have worked on three 64/65 Riv's with that combo and it drives good.  Turning radius is the hard part with these cars.