bb1970

Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, jsgun said:

Ok, cool, you've sold me on it. What size tires are you running? Any rubbing? Here in the desert we have drain ditches at most intersections, and they'll really test your suspension. My ponycar touches down sometimes, and it's just a 2.5" drop. 

 

225/75-15 - a little on the frame behind the A-arms at full lock. Now is a good time to order through Jamco...this was in the email I received today:  

Jamco logo

we are offering 10% off
all orders now through February 15th!


Use Promo Code: THANKYOU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, 

 

I had a 64 4-5 years ago..sold it..stupidly. Well, this time I wont make that mistake, I picked up another. She's a little rough but she has good bones. The paint is a re-spray, car was originally Surf Green, it does have some shine but outside water is shutoff until the snow is gone..

 

Thanks for looking! 

_I0A0297.JPG

_I0A0310.JPG

_I0A0312.JPG

_I0A0318.JPG

Edited by neatname (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

neatname Nice looking platform for an awesome restoration. It appears to be sagging a bit on the passenger side. What condition is the motor, interior, trunk and underside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

neatname Nice looking platform for an awesome restoration. It appears to be sagging a bit on the passenger side. What condition is the motor, interior, trunk and underside?

There is a little sag, my driveway also isn't level..so new suspension will be ordered soon. First order of business is to remove the blown out glass packs and get new exhaust run. Motor is tight, runs well, fires right up! Interior is so so, front covers need replacement. Package tray is also toast. The trunk has a couple holes I didn't see until I got it home.. kinda bummed about those. Overall everything works, just needs some TLC..

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, neatname said:

There is a little sag, my driveway also isn't level..so new suspension will be ordered soon. First order of business is to remove the blown out glass packs and get new exhaust run. Motor is tight, runs well, fires right up! Interior is so so, front covers need replacement. Package tray is also toast. The trunk has a couple holes I didn't see until I got it home.. kinda bummed about those. Overall everything works, just needs some TLC..

 

 

If that's all that you can find that needs attention, you're way ahead of a lot of the rest of us.  Waldron's makes a repo exhaust system. Clark's Corvair makes repo upholstery kits and has a replacement package shelf.  Coil Spring Specialties has replacement springs. C2C fabrications has replacement trunk pans if you need to go all the way.  Otherwise, a good metal worker can weld in patch panels.  When you can get under the car, check the area where the body is bolted to the frame above the rear axle.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a short break from the snow, I took the car out for a little shakedown run. Ran into a buddy while out, can't wait for summer!

_I0A0322.JPG

_I0A0334.JPG

_I0A0346.JPG

_I0A0372.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'64 Riviera at Wheels of Yesteryear automobile museum in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. 

http://wheelsofyesteryearmb.com

It's a nice looking car but has the wrong center caps. You are not supposed to open the hood so I could not see the engine. 

If you are a Mopar fan this museum is for you. Lots of great Mopar muscle cars are here. 

20180217_122915.thumb.jpg.953fe80ac7cb7d038f559974a005924a.jpg

20180217_122947.thumb.jpg.91c061b2a6c93bb8ec4550e8cf722d40.jpg

20180217_122952.thumb.jpg.bb214decabbafa37b8572db46d596131.jpg

20180217_122850.thumb.jpg.fcd76e5d17ee4f7ff177a75704bd5455.jpg

20180217_124100.thumb.jpg.536389e78feec8cb071e7401453b1af7.jpg

20180217_124920.thumb.jpg.4a374f2b9cfc8f52623aa124e8e39b05.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

'64 Riviera at Wheels of Yesteryear automobile museum in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. 

http://wheelsofyesteryearmb.com

It's a nice looking car but has the wrong center caps. You are not supposed to open the hood so I could not see the engine. 

If you are a Mopar fan this museum is for you. Lots of great Mopar muscle cars are here. 

20180217_122915.thumb.jpg.953fe80ac7cb7d038f559974a005924a.jpg

20180217_122947.thumb.jpg.91c061b2a6c93bb8ec4550e8cf722d40.jpg

20180217_122952.thumb.jpg.bb214decabbafa37b8572db46d596131.jpg

20180217_122850.thumb.jpg.fcd76e5d17ee4f7ff177a75704bd5455.jpg

20180217_124100.thumb.jpg.536389e78feec8cb071e7401453b1af7.jpg

20180217_124920.thumb.jpg.4a374f2b9cfc8f52623aa124e8e39b05.jpg

Not only the wrong center caps but the wrong wheels. 1965 was the first year that the Formula Five wheel was available on the Riviera. 

I'd like to see the data plate for this car.  I'd like to know the name/code for the interior color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RivNut said:

Not only the wrong center caps but the wrong wheels. 1965 was the first year that the Formula Five wheel was available on the Riviera. 

I'd like to see the data plate for this car.  I'd like to know the name/code for the interior color.

It's still a nice looking car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt, I totally agree. I'm just wondering if it's the lighting that gives white that particular hue.  There was a sandalwood color in 63 that looked like that. It's too light and there's not enough of a gold shade to it to be fawn.  Or maybe the color on my monitor is off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That mild-looking '64 could probably leave a few of those Mopars breathing dust in a stoplight drag! 

The info placard quotes its 425 engine as producing 360 hp.  This should be 340 hp, unless it has the Super Wildcat 2x4 engine, that is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, 65VerdeGS said:

That mild-looking '64 could probably leave a few of those Mopars breathing dust in a stoplight drag! 

The info placard quotes its 425 engine as producing 360 hp.  This should be 340 hp, unless it has the Super Wildcat 2x4 engine, that is.

 

I did not take pictures of them but this Riviera has HUGE rear tires on it, somewhere in the 275 70 15 range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Blood, Sweat and Gears" Car and Truck Show at the Rockingham Dragway, NC 

20180304_142636.thumb.jpg.00729426b08229c5b36bc91ca7988720.jpgl20180304_142623.thumb.jpg.ac35f10d1609756da4adc4c84d4fa0e3.jpg20180304_134150.thumb.jpg.db9ea931a43f94681551a6872249af57.jpg20180304_120843.thumb.jpg.0dc0a8951782ee3930b2087afc98137f.jpg20180304_120902.thumb.jpg.a6c0158b403e66da26784953c06942aa.jpg20180304_100555.thumb.jpg.a4bad2bf6ecf72c10cf2171af48fbce3.jpg

 

All packed up and ready to go home. 

20180304_143935.thumb.jpg.33069d37e2ea553ad8bb65c521c83d2b.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We commissioned Jake Meadows (renderedbythor@gmail.com), Instagram ID "Renderedbythor", to do a rendering of The Aqua Zephyr with red stripe tires. He chargers $135 for a single view of your vehicle with a logo or simple background. Prices go up for multiple views and more complex backgrounds.

Now that I can better visualize the look of the red stripes I am seriously considering going that route! 

IMG_20180304_123310.thumb.jpg.3c9d0b22c522f9f3cb94191c8fb55721.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NC68Riviera said:

We commissioned Jake Meadows (renderedbythor@gmail.com), Instagram ID "Renderedbythor@gmail.com", do do a rendering of The Aqua Zephyr with red stripe tires. He chargers $135 for a single view of your vehicle with a logo or simple background. Prices go up for multiple views and more complex backgrounds.

Now that I can better visualize the look of the red stripes I am seriously considering going that route! 

 

The very small amount of the red on the tires goes perfect with it IMO.

And I would only consider a few colors to do so - this being one combo. It is a unique, palatable presentation while remaining period correct.

Nice commission. Congrats.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, this is my first post here. I ran across this '78 LXXV with 78k on it. The interior has a couple of bruises and the paint is faded but it's 99% rust free. It sat in a barn for about 10 years but runs well. I suspect it needs the carburetor rebuilt. The speed alert was set for 55. I was looking for an alarm clock when I got it on the highway... It took some googling to figure out what the heck was going on!IMG_20180305_091330.thumb.jpg.24133dd933d901cfa7a84dd3e4eb5013.jpgIMG_20180305_091319.thumb.jpg.87a2081dec84ee86d2cc10612ce454eb.jpgIMG_20180305_091305.thumb.jpg.f34526ff255129b67146e9f6b6a06694.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now