Luray, VA Pre-War swap meet - May 10~11 - whose going and what are you bringing?

It's never too early to start thinking SPRING,  Wondering who plans to be at Luray in May?  What are you planning to stuff into your truck or trailer?  What are you looking for?

Terry

I have my two spaces paid for. I plan to bring an assortment of model T and A Ford parts along with a smattering of early flathead V8 stuff. Maybe a few items from other pre-war makes like some 20's Dodge pieces.

-Model T windshields, wheels, running boards, running board tool boxes, grille shell, front axle and steering parts, steering wheels, coil boxes, carburetors, etc...

-Model A hood, wheels, bumpers, steering columns, steering wheels, grille shells (really, really nice 1930!), headlights and headlight bars, AA bellhousing, etc....

-Early V8 heads (NOS), distributors, intakes, spare tire cover, '32 headlights/headlight bar, hubcaps, etc.

@Larry Schramm Friday is typically better than Saturday. It is a relatively small meet, with 70-80 vendor spaces I think but some good stuff always shows up. I always find some great deals! Several model A and T cars and trucks always show up for sale and even some other brass-era offerings at times. I only live an hour away so I can't make a hotel recommendation.

Edited by pkhammer
misspelling (see edit history)

A great old time kind of meet that just gets better year after year.  It's like those of the good old days with friendly laid back vendors, reasonable prices, and less often seen stuff from out of the murky past with some of it just spread out on a tarp on the ground.  Sure hope I can be there again this year.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2024 at 9:26 PM, Larry Schramm said:

This is the first time I will have been there.  Any suggestions?

I plan to go again this year, and will have my own space for the first time.  Bringing mainly A and T leftovers and odds and ends, some vintage spark plugs, and a few pieces of old automobilia.  The local club cooks up and serves a reasonably priced breakfast and lunch on site, which I enjoy.  Nearby Luray Caverns is a nice attraction.  They have a small auto museum there, too, which is worth a look.  The Luray Days Inn is very convenient.  It is an older motel, but clean, functional, and well kept.  Can't say as much for the one out on I-81.

Edited by Akstraw
added more info (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Post some pics of the plugs, or send me a PM. I'm still looking for more for my collection.

Terry

Planning on being set up next to you again and bringing the same mix, some really decent mascots and emblems along with the T parts and a nice set of E&J type 20 headlights. Also talked a buddy from central PA who has a few cars into coming down and checking out the flea. Looking forward to it!

If anyone has any interesting emblems to trade bring-’em on over…

70559740741__E9AD40F4-939B-434A-9BD2-D34394C19206.jpeg.85ed5029a9c636c99f181b822b325322.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg.60670c2074508d295935952861ba8c60.jpegIMG_0708.jpeg.8d71a5fd11f7ab79df259c9d21df20a4.jpeg

10 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Just realized you have all those in alphabetical order!😃

Pretty much filled them in a tray that way too, easier than having to dig if anyone is looking for a specific make… there’s a few of them missing from the pictures I sold already but a lot of really good stuff left to swap.

IMG_1221.jpeg

• Like 1

A chair in the shade awaits you David.  See you there.

Terry

• Thanks 1

I plan to go to Luray as a spectator.  About 6 or 7 hr drive for me. Not easy to get to from the north but always worth the trip.

I'm also going to Chickasha mid March. About 16hr windshield time. I'm itching to come out of hibernation and search through piles of brass and early rust.

Edited by jdome (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

I    will try to get there , has been a bad year for me this year and only is start .  Howard  What are the dates ?

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Luray, VA Pre-War swap meet - May 10~11 - whose going and what are you bringing?

I'm coming on Saturday afternoon, bringing a Model T for the tour following the swap meet.  But I'll have spent the prior two days on the Jersey Shore tour with my Curved Dash Oldsmobile, and it will be in the trailer with the T.  If anyone there is interested in a CDO, PM me and we can go for a ride.  The car is date certified by the Veteran Car Club of Great Britain as a genuine '04, and did the Brighton run with its previous owner.

• Like 2

I've got a ton of pre-war headlight lenses I could bring. I am going to list these under parts for sale and see if anybody could use these. I will post brands and sizes once I finish sorting thru them. 

103_2144.JPG

103_2145.JPG

103_2146.JPG

103_2147.JPG

103_2148.JPG

103_2149.JPG

103_2150.JPG

103_2151.JPG

103_2152.JPG

103_2153.JPG

103_2154.JPG

103_2155.JPG

103_2156.JPG

103_2157.JPG

103_2158.JPG

103_2159.JPG

103_2160.JPG

• Like 5

Nice assortment.  I had several boxes of them years ago, along with copies of info identifying them.  Sold the entire bunch at Hershey as one lot at a bargain price.  They were pretty heavy to haul around and easily broken. It's something that everyone seems to want to have a few spares for.  

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I plan to be there Friday. I'll probably bring a couple restored Ford 6v generators and cutouts. I'll likely have them on Wick's table at the back, left corner. I'll be looking for flathead V8 3 brush generator cores and parts.

20240115_104004_copy_1159x907.jpg

20240120_144254_copy_861x1085.jpg

20240101_102828_copy_1008x791.jpg

20240102_145116_copy_954x799.jpg

20230503_084802_copy_907x915.jpg

• Like 4

I've decided to bring a few more of my "Hershey" things out to Luray,  I'll have some early 1900s periodicals - Motor Age, Horseless Age, and some teens British Autocar magazines.  Will also try to get some watch fobs sorted out and bring an assortment.  If anyone else collects early automotive sheet music, I'll have a bundle of duplicate items from my collection also. 

Early literature.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, packard1928 said:

I plan to be there Looking for 1916 Studebaker stuff.  I need a 26" rim

Last year there was a complete 1916 Studebaker touring there for sale needing total restoration. 

Great. Now I really need to think about buying a tow vehicle.  👍  Maybe those will be there too, along with trailers for sale.🚋😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I will be there with some vacuum tanks and parts. Not enough to get a space but I want to sell off the things I don’t need anymore. Four complete tanks and several tops and floats and more. These are larger tanks. Think Hudson ,Packard, Buick. Zeke

Edited by zeke01 (see edit history)