Gettysburg Show-VIDEO LINK ADDED!

TAKerry

1 hour ago, Restorer32 said:

The white milk truck is a 1936 Thorne Gas Electric restored in the late 1990's.

Hershey was the place that I first discovered that there were all these cool delivery vehicles that I never knew existed.     That thing is very very cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 63RedBrier said:

14 hours ago, 63RedBrier said:

3306F89A-693E-457C-B1C1-26F5D5794B88.jpeg.77bf11cf161d1c733121a2f7d568ba60.jpeg

BBD8EE34-BE7C-42BE-A083-2AF4A477AD85.jpeg.855afae2f7de4ff35c8ee5eaa71a6aee.jpeg

I asked the owners about the color and they indicated it was a 1 of 1 - silver violet.  I speculated this may have been the most valuable vehicle there?

The Packard above may have that honor....

• Like 1

I echo others here.  Great meet and all around good time.  I ceased showing my TR-6 and opt to attend as a spectator.  

Karl:  It was nice to see you.  Please pass my gratitude to Donald and all of the Gettysburg Region.

Regards, 

Peter J.

• Like 1

• Steve Moskowitz changed the title to Gettysburg Show-VIDEO LINK ADDED!
5 hours ago, alsancle said:

I believe it is a Nash.

yes, either 32 or 33.  I almost think I can see "Ambassador" on the window card, if it was the next model down, it would say "Advanced 8" and i don't think it shows that extra digit?? .    

Anyways, i posted only to say that the owner of the most impressive private collection of these Nash cars finally shared 2 group pics of "some" ? of his cars on the Nash "free photo club site".  He did, or still does have individual pics on the Paid Member photo site on NCCA.

AJ,  if you wondered why you can't get a big Nash, look at this link.  This guy went "Nuts for Nash"  I bet the gold car is the same one in  the link.  The wheel color is different, but the car is missing bumper, so it was a resto being finished or being changed a bit. Collection is in same State as the show, so it has to be it. IMO

http://www.nashcarclub.org/nccaphot/thirty/32_Lentz Garage-4508.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alsancle said:

Kerry,   how far of a drive was that for you?

A little over 80 miles one way. We took the back road route. It was through the rolling country side and a few quaint little PA towns. One hit on I 83 for about 10 miles then country roads then another 10 mile run on RT 15 which is a dual lane. Car ran great. No problem keeping up with traffic at 70mph. I think we got about 10mpg. We left 530 am and got there about 730 am.

That Nash is beautiful. I saw it at Hershey in the fall. The one thing that stood out to me was the paint was a bit of metal flake. I was curious as to the authenticity of such. Regardless its a car I could thoroughly enjoy.

Edited by TAKerry (see edit history)
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, alsancle said:

If the 300 SL is real then that’s the most valuable by a lot.

The 300 SL is real.  I have met the owner on several previous occasions and spoken with them.  They told me that the color is not original, but is period correct.

Robert

Edited by Dr B (see edit history)

I am happy that the event went well and that it appeared to be "well-run"---Behind the scenes, it was a little more hectic.  Amazing that it all came together--even the weather cooperated. I was only helping with the trailer parking, but even that was a privilege, and I got to meet a number of the Gettysburg region members.  My guess is that about 98% of the trailer people were very accompdating and just happy to be there.  We'll discuss the other 2% some other time. 

So many beautiful and rare cars showed up--the early fog probably discouraged some and that is understandable.

Thanks for posting the pictures--it was almost like being there again but without the walking.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, F&J said:

yes, either 32 or 33.  I almost think I can see "Ambassador" on the window card, if it was the next model down, it would say "Advanced 8" and i don't think it shows that extra digit?? .    

Anyways, i posted only to say that the owner of the most impressive private collection of these Nash cars finally shared 2 group pics of "some" ? of his cars on the Nash "free photo club site".  He did, or still does have individual pics on the Paid Member photo site on NCCA.

AJ,  if you wondered why you can't get a big Nash, look at this link.  This guy went "Nuts for Nash"  I bet the gold car is the same one in  the link.  The wheel color is different, but the car is missing bumper, so it was a resto being finished or being changed a bit. Collection is in same State as the show, so it has to be it. IMO

http://www.nashcarclub.org/nccaphot/thirty/32_Lentz Garage-4508.html

Frank,  I think I have adjusted to the fact I'm not getting a 32/33 Ambassador.   This was the one but it was real money even 25 years ago.

1932Nash1097.JPG