Stolen car. - 1929 Hudson. Near Seattle

I was just looking last night at small tracking discs that can be hidden in a car someplace. At least you should be able to find something if it goes missing. The only thing I didnt like was the $15-$30 a month fee associated with it. I guess if you figure that into the cost of owning the car its not that bad. My son told me about apple air tags or something like that. I have no idea what they are but will look into those as well.  I am not paranoid, and my car stays locked in my garage but an ounce of prevention.................

• Like 3

so that most of us do not have to take more time to  find out to help can it be posted where GIG HARBOR is? or do we have to do a search for that too , this is like listing needing a part and not giving measurements to aid us all in helping you or someone. To much taken for granted and shift the effort onto us..............am I wrong?

• Like 2

Walt I agree with you a better area description is needed on many post as some names are just locally know. I know Gig Harbor is a little NW of Tacoma WA or SW of Seattle WA because I took a trip out there a few years ago. At first I thought Maine but realized that’s the gig harbor lobster boats not the city. Always thinking first of a good seafood meal I guess. 
dave s 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Paul we shouldn't have to do a Google search to help anyone , or perhaps you have the time to do so? How hard is it to list a state?

WEG

Walt. It says "Seattle" right in the notice.

And it took me less time to Google "Gig Harbor" than it did to post about it. 

Paul

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Not trying to enter the mind of a car thief. But what a poor choice of cars to steal. It is a small Hudson world, good luck on selling it. Or stripping it for parts.

There is always more to the story. A friend up south of town was freshly divorced and came home to find the rough '57 Ford he drove in High School was missing from a back garage. The lawyer had estimated the value of the car when dividing assets. While he was away the car was taken to sell and settle up the finances. It sat in a gated lot for a year or so unsold. Then he was presented with a bill equal to half the lawyer's inflated estimate. I haven't seen him since the plague hit but when I do I am sure there will be at least a chuckle with the update.

Where's Paul Harvey when you need him?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Walt G said:

so that most of us do not have to take more time to  find out to help can it be posted where GIG HARBOR is? or do we have to do a search for that too , this is like listing needing a part and not giving measurements to aid us all in helping you or someone. To much taken for granted and shift the effort onto us..............am I wrong?

YES!

Ben

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Stolen car. - 1929 Hudson. Seattle
  • Peter Gariepy changed the title to Stolen car. - 1929 Hudson. Near Seattle
4 hours ago, PFitz said:

Paul

Still NO excuse for not having a complete topic title. "stolen car" is NOT enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, PFitz said:

Unless it was stolen for a joyride, it would most likely end up in the closest major center, like Seattle.

Craig

I didn't Google it. I just thought Gig Harbor was where all the old musicians went. Like where you enter through a cave behind a waterfall and find ivory and brass strewn around.

I also checked the value of my 1960 Buick through their resourse. Average of $74,000. My old failing memory may not get the garage door locked tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Unless it was stolen for a joyride, it would most likely end up in the closest major center, like Seattle.

Craig

Hopefully the car jacker in question got to enjoy some of the standard old car start up stuff. That we all get to go through. I can see the guy sneaking into the garage with his mag light that you can back over with your car. And those magic glasses, that when you put them on you can see an eagle on a computer screen. First he will open the hood to oil the valves, by pulling up the little pull cups on the top of the cylinder head. Then he will locate some starter fluid in the garage. Checking to see if the battery is disconnected, he will find that it is. That is standard old car storage stuff right there. Once battery is ready to go. Valves oiled, and a couple shots of starter fluid. He is ready to start cranking. On the fly, with mag light in hand. All the needed adjustments to choke and timing are set while pumping the gas and cranking it over. After almost firing a couple of times, he will jump out, throw on the magic eagle sun glasses. Squeeze out a couple more shots of starter fluid. Jump back in the car, crank that sucker over. It fires, stumbles, adjustments made. Car dies, pump the gas(at this time he can smell gas) crank it over some more, and the battery is dead. Locate a charger in the garage, hook it up. No start setting on the charger, just a 10 amp boost charge. But with eagle locating glasses on. He will take the chance. Charge works, car fires, adjustments made, choke is set, engine is warmed up. Open garage door, climb in the car. Let the joy ride begin. Remove eagle glasses, shift into first gear, and…….. wet fluid cork clutch is stuck from sitting over the winter.

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

The EPA will probably get them for transporting wood over the county line. And impound the car for perpetuity.

"Gig Harbor S.W.A.T. to Puget Sound EPA. Where was the potentially infested vehicle last seen?"

"Parked in the Hudson Bay"

"That is outside of our jurisdiction.Please advise."

• Like 1

I had Hagerty put a 95 F100 on my policy, for a short term. (just so I could drive it to sell it)

They balked that I asked for 2500 agreed value. The operator had to override a much higher suggested value.

I sold it at the swap meet, I would have been better crashing it since I got nowhere near $2500.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:51 AM, Xander Wildeisen said:

Hopefully the car jacker in question got to enjoy some of the standard old car start up stuff. That we all get to go through. I can see the guy sneaking into the garage with his mag light that you can back over with your car. And those magic glasses, that when you put them on you can see an eagle on a computer screen. First he will open the hood to oil the valves, by pulling up the little pull cups on the top of the cylinder head. Then he will locate some starter fluid in the garage. Checking to see if the battery is disconnected, he will find that it is. That is standard old car storage stuff right there. Once battery is ready to go. Valves oiled, and a couple shots of starter fluid. He is ready to start cranking. On the fly, with mag light in hand. All the needed adjustments to choke and timing are set while pumping the gas and cranking it over. After almost firing a couple of times, he will jump out, throw on the magic eagle sun glasses. Squeeze out a couple more shots of starter fluid. Jump back in the car, crank that sucker over. It fires, stumbles, adjustments made. Car dies, pump the gas(at this time he can smell gas) crank it over some more, and the battery is dead. Locate a charger in the garage, hook it up. No start setting on the charger, just a 10 amp boost charge. But with eagle locating glasses on. He will take the chance. Charge works, car fires, adjustments made, choke is set, engine is warmed up. Open garage door, climb in the car. Let the joy ride begin. Remove eagle glasses, shift into first gear, and…….. wet fluid cork clutch is stuck from sitting over the winter.

its a 1929; not a 1909 with priming cups, manual ignition advance via levers on the steering wheel, and a hand crank!!   

Craig

On 4/7/2023 at 11:31 AM, Steve9 said:

The Port of Tacoma is only a few miles away from Gig Harbor. Very possible.

I think that's likely the fate, and it may have been "stolen to order".

• Like 2