What happened to this thread?

RivNut

I got notification that EmTee had replied to my post in the thread “I returned from Branson with Covid-19.” When I clicked on the link to view it, I got the message “You do not have permission to view this thread.”  

I’m not allowed to view a thread that I started? Seems odd. Then when I looked for the thread, it’s totally disappeared. Anyone have any clues?  

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Ed,

Since my post was the last one posted I'm sure it had something to do with it being deleted. 

I didn't think/feel it was political BUT it put the entire blame onto someone not mentioned, although most could figure out, I'm sure, who it was.

I don't see why the whole post was deleted as I could have been sent a PM that it was being deleted, no reason had to be explained, & I would have understood.

For all we know this could also be deleted.

Tom T.

From what I’ve gathered so far, I’ll probably never hear from an “administrator” as to why.  I agree wholeheartedly, if one post makes a thread political, that single post could be deleted and the author notified.  Deleting an entire thread means a lot of other information is lost.

I imagine if the thread would have died after a couple weeks and several posts in the context of being a helpful warning to others that were there, it'd still be here but it kept coming back to the top and when it comes down to it, it was not car related, so it was cancelled. I am not surprised and understand that action as unrelated car threads have a way of going down the wrong rabbit trail and off a cliff. Being a moderator is not easy and the pay isn't that good either. LOL. Sometimes its just easier to delete a thread and move on than go through the drama of slapping knuckles with a ruler......like my 2nd grade teacher Ms Wolfgang did. 😏 

We must always remember AACA provides this dedicated ROA forum free of charge and it takes a huge amount of money and manpower to keep a forum like this running smoothly. So whatever they want to do is fine with me. I am in no way affliated with AACA or this forum. Just my 2 cents from the fence.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, arnulfo de l.a. said:

Civil discourse or  freedom of expression is being stiffled through censorship and other means not just here but in the world as a whole. . It does not seem to be of major concern to many people. My view of the world friend, nothing personal.

I don't disagree with your general statement.   Would be interesting to see if we agreed on what we thought was being censored?    It is funny intelligent people can look at the same problem with basically the same information but have two completely different view points. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIVNIK said:

dear censors. please delete this thread also. thanks to people who can't STFU, it is merely a continuation of the last one

39 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

If it had not been for censorship I would not have looked up what STFU stands for. Appears to be a acronym with a couple of superfluous letters. SU, maybe?

Its a tough guy acronym. As we all know its easy to be a tough guy from behind a keyboard.It means SHUT THE F— UP

Edited by arnulfo de l.a. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

If it had not been for censorship I would not have looked up what STFU stands for. Appears to be a acronym with a couple of superfluous letters. SU, maybe?

The best ones are those that actually spell a word, like "STEAM" (Science, Technology, Engineering And Math).  ;)

• Haha 2

Either way the STEM program is a good one.  Almost as good as Mike Rowe's mikeroweWORKSfoundation.  My wife and I both retired from teaching and saw many students being led down the college curriculum course who would have been much better of with some job training.  Lots of blue collar workers are making more than college graduates AND do not have a bunch of student loans to repay.  

• Like 4

On 7/18/2022 at 7:45 AM, alsancle said:

I don't disagree with your general statement.   Would be interesting to see if we agreed on what we thought was being censored?    It is funny intelligent people can look at the same problem with basically the same information but have two completely different view points. 

Sir, I believe the administrator deleted the section because the discussion was going in the direction of being political. How a person guards their health apparently is political. In addition, I think me and other Americans cannot read or write good English. We just have a hard time writing what we mean and meaning what we write.

Turbinator

On 7/18/2022 at 6:50 PM, RivNut said:

Either way the STEM program is a good one.  Almost as good as Mike Rowe's mikeroweWORKSfoundation.  My wife and I both retired from teaching and saw many students being led down the college curriculum course who would have been much better of with some job training.  Lots of blue collar workers are making more than college graduates AND do not have a bunch of student loans to repay.  

Yes Sir, totally agree.

Turbinator