Fun times were had by all.... Visited 3,000 car collection/liquidation in Northern CA

keiser31

Photos , we need more photos !! Its not really far from me, but still a pretty good hike. I am a couple of hours North of Seattle.  So it would be great to have a better Idea of what is there. Looks to be mostly 1950's and 60's so far, a bit too new for me. That 1940's  truck looks up my alley , but way too far to haul something that size . White ?

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

1 hour ago, 1912Staver said:

Photos , we need more photos !! Its not really far from me, but still a pretty good hike. I am a couple of hours North of Seattle.  So it would be great to have a better Idea of what is there. Looks to be mostly 1950's and 60's so far, a bit too new for me. That 1940's  truck looks up my alley , but way too far to haul something that size . White ?

Yes, it said "Super White Power" on it.

1 hour ago, 1912Staver said:

PM sent.

3 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

With the question of what’s the verdict on the collection & the request for pictures, with a response of PM sent, it would appear this is turning into the dreaded super secret thread. Do we need to know the password or secret handshake to join in the fun?😁

I did not want to stir things up with the moderators. PM sent.

The general consensus among us three is that these will be difficult to harvest.

I doubt many were actually capable of rolling without some mechanical work.

I hated to come home with an empty trailer, but I did.

John took lots of pictures I am sure he would love to share, but since the original post was closed........

And yes, we had a blast. We are all friendlier than we look.  🙈  🙉  🙊

• Like 6

Ah have to love it when we can't even share photos of cars on a car website.   It's not like they are the Risque ones from Ed's Collection.   Now a days even those are mild by comparison to what we are taught to be considered normal or can see on the street of many of our larger cities. 

• Like 5

I have emailed Pete and asked about more postings of photos, but have not heard back, yet. Hang in there, guys! I'm certain I will be able to post them soon.

• Like 1

Pete does an amazing unthankful job for this forum. He may not know it but most of us appreciate that dedication and know it takes a special person to do that. 99.9% of us would not survive a day doing this job. I just wish he would, if at all time allows, answer a question like posting these pics similar to his title changes.  That would allow us all to know the reason, instead of just getting our underwear in a bundle over the lack of info. Stopping the original thread made sense or maybe it should have just been moved to the “for sale”site and anyone could ask the type of question related to specific makes that seemed to be the reason for this stoppage. 
Again I am not disparaging Pete for his decision, I like many others would just like to see pics or know why they can’t be posted. 
dave s 

The helper that showed us around didn't really have much info.

It was suggested that if we wanted pricing on a specific vehicle to take a picture so that he could show the widow for a price.

But I don't know where she was.

Doesn't this really belong on the Junkyard forum? Lots of pics of junkyard cars posted there.

Terry

• Like 2

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Fun times were had by all.... Visited 3,000 car collection/liquidation in Northern CA
5 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Good stuff hiding in there. Pine needles are a killer when they get wet. Some of those cars are covered in them. Is the area really dry? 

They seemed to be quite dry underneath the needles. We took a bunch off this Plymouth. You can see how the sheet metal is still very solid....most were California cars, so very little rust a lot of the stuff.

IMG_1626 (2).JPG

IMG_1630 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Good stuff hiding in there. Pine needles are a killer when they get wet. Some of those cars are covered in them. Is the area really dry? 

There is a LOT of good stuff I could not get close enough to photograph.

• Like 1

Disappointed... that the original collection didnt see beyond his desire to collect and park

Saddened... for the family who has to deal with this quagmire

Fascinated... especially considering these photos are literally the "tip of the iceberg"

Hopeful... that the cars find new owners who take care of them - or at least use them to keep other cars on the road.

• Like 7

Thanks for the pics and bringing us along with the fascinating experience of finding a place seemingly “lost in time”….thank you for NOT posting any pictures of my beloved 1964-1972 Oldsmobiles - makes window shopping that much easier! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks John, Doug and Jack, and Pete for giving us a glimpse of the trove. As mentioned, hopefully some vehicles will at least partially fill someone's needs list, and down the road the what's left will get cleaned up and the potential of this nice property returned to some useful purpose.

• Like 1