Have a few pics of cars belonging to Hollywood folks

StylishOne

23 minutes ago, StylishOne said:

I’m guess the knowledgeable collectors  here can identify the car in photo .. 

46A3F85D-216C-47B7-A3E7-85070DD61A98.jpeg

By the look of that radiator cap and other items I'm gonna say about a 1931 Buick....

1931 Buick coupe 2.jpg

1931 Buick coupe.jpg

1931 Buick cap.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

OK, I'll play your game, but you need to identify the year, make and model of the car as well as the occupant.

james dean 55 chev 210 del ray.jpeg

1955 Chevrolet and James Dean.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamesR said:

Hint on the stars: They both had the same first name.

RobertW.jpg.3fe68951d8bbe1da8bb084b8321f588a.jpg

I didn't know Dean had one of these. One of the best looking cars of all time, IMO.

0022_0110.jpg.a9727e48f8f364011cb4aef13b42c7db.jpg

Robert Wagner and Robert Conrad in the Jaguar. Dean's car was a Facel Vega.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dibarlaw said:

Sure, looks like Jackie Coogan to me. He was being well exploited by his parents at the time. A law was instituted for future child stars to avoid this exploitation.

My thought, too.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 10:43 AM, keiser31 said:

1955 Chevrolet and James Dean.

Who’s James Dean, and what the hell is a Chevy? 😉

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sagefinds said:

Seek shelter Ed,you've been out in the sun too long.

Post war.........😇

On 5/5/2022 at 9:59 AM, dibarlaw said:

Sure, looks like Jackie Coogan to me

Yup Jackie Coogan. From that angle the car is difficult to identify - 1928 Gardner Model 95
Jackie bought at least 4 Gardners and said he wanted to sell cars when he became of age.  His dad, the driver liked the Gardner over the Rolls Royce.  I'm a big Gardner fan but don't know I'd make the same choice.

1928_Sept_20-3.jpg

7 hours ago, JACK M said:

James Dean

Jimmy Dean

James Dean was an actor,Rebel Without a Cause was probably his most wellknown movie,Jimmie Dean was a singer,Big Bad John was probably his most wellknown,then he went on to market Jimmie Dean Pure Pork Sauage. James Dean was killed in a crackup driving his sportscar just as his career was taking off. That's a question,what was the car he was driving?

10 hours ago, sagefinds said:

James Dean was an actor,Rebel Without a Cause was probably his most wellknown movie,Jimmie Dean was a singer,Big Bad John was probably his most wellknown,then he went on to market Jimmie Dean Pure Pork Sauage. James Dean was killed in a crackup driving his sportscar just as his career was taking off. That's a question,what was the car he was driving?

Calling James Dean an actor was indeed kind!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gosh I'm disappointed! There's been all kinds of descriptions and sarcasm about James Dean, but I was looking forward to reading comments on "what the hell is a Chevy". You guys are getting soft.

15 hours ago, ron hausmann said:

Ok she lived in Los Angeles but wasn’t a real movie star. But very famous. Give correct year and model as well please.

7A1A550E-2E8E-479E-9D8C-F4F9C0EEA37A.jpeg

I don't recall ever seeing that photo before? However, willing to stick my neck out for discussions sake? I don't mind making a fool of myself from time to time?

My first wild guess would be Amelia Earhart.

It looks a lot like her. She was known for attracting crowds, especially children. And sometimes drove a Kissel similar to that. But I cannot make out enough details in the photo to be sure of anything.

I believe that her "Yellow Peril" was a 1923 Kissel Goldbug. Not sure which model.

Edited by wayne sheldon
Additional thought. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Not sure of the year, but do I get any points for identifying the kissel gold bug?

It’s Amelia’s car. She only had one Kissel - her “YellowPeril” in picture which is an early model 1923 Kissel Gold Bug Speedster. She drove that car across the US. It is now in Denver at the Fourney Museum.

ron Hausmann 

• Like 1