Watch in Horror as a Truckload of New C8 Corvettes Goes Up in Flames

Peter Gariepy

Personally the new Corvette has re-ignited my interest in them. They are just plain ON FIRE, and given their popularity, they are probably selling like hot cakes. I'm still a bit scared of being one of the first to buy one as I fear getting burned on price.  Although Corvette purists are probably inflamed by the article, Chevrolet will use it to stoke the fire of scarcity to explode future sales.  Wait till the convertible starts shipping, interest will flair up again, not that it really needs kindling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, E-116-YH said:

It's the same as if a case of toilet paper went up in flames, they can always make more! Now if it was a truck load of 1930 Packard Super Eight dual cowl phaetons that would be a terrible loss!!!

Or all these that did:  

Craig

2 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Personally the new Corvette has re-ignited my interest in them. They are just plain ON FIRE, and given their popularity, they are probably selling like hot cakes. I'm still a bit scared of being one of the first to buy one as I fear getting burned on price.

I assume you can actually buy one of these cars via factory order with the associated wait of over 1 year for something close to advertised pricing, otherwise there might be a little trouble with the FTC.  What you CANNOT do is walk into your local Chevy dealer and say- "Oh- I like that one, I'll take it!" for anything even remotely like the advertised SRP.  That said- I share your taste and appreciation for the C8 Vette, it's a game changer.  As Road and Track said about some of the earlier versions, "Ferrari performance at a Chevrolet price!".

2 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:
Personally the new Corvette has re-ignited my interest in them. They are just plain ON FIRE, and given their popularity, they are probably selling like hot cakes. I'm still a bit scared of being one of the first to buy one as I fear getting burned on price.  Although Corvette purists are probably inflamed by the article, Chevrolet will use it to stoke the fire of scarcity to explode future sales.  Wait till the convertible starts shipping, interest will flair up again, not that it really needs kindling.

A fiend looked at one at dealer in Wilkes Barre that has one on the floor.  It was list price plus $20,000 "special" fee. Shipping, dealer set up, and tax not included............Bob

I passed a used car dealer on my way home from Hershey a few hours ago and they had 6 lined up on their lot.

Never been a corvette guy, there are a few that I wouldnt mind having. There are a lot of other cars I would chose first if the opportunity came up.

Just a bunch of plastic.............with an unlimited supply, only the guys waiting for their new toy will be disappointed. Hopefully no one hurt.........modern iron or in this case plastic, only life and limb matter regardless of value...........same applies to early stuff.......except the historical value lost. Just like the 1929 LA auto show fire.......this one will live in the new generation Vette legend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

...except the historical value lost...

...this one will live in the new generation Vette legend.

And speaking of “historical value”, 20-30 years down the road, there’ll be sales pitch claims like “Yeah, this is the ONLY one that survived the famous 2021 truckload fire !”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 95Cardinal said:

Mine.

It was an attempt at humor that missed the mark. 

Bright side of the deal is I found your Buick restoration. As a Pre War guy there are few post war cars that get my attention, that wagon sure is one of them. Nice job, enjoy the finished product. Bob 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Bright side of the deal is I found your Buick restoration. As a Pre War guy there are few post war cars that get my attention, that wagon sure is one of them. Nice job, enjoy the finished product. Bob 

Thanks, Bob!